The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
If you are a fellow tomato lover we'll turn you into a horticulture expert Sir!:happy:

Tomato plants march to a different drummer than lots of other veggies and plants and they are temperamental little boogers. Hybrids keep weeding out the 100s of diseases and watering issues of our lovely tomatoes.

For your reading pleasure tomatoes 101

http://www.veggiegardener.com/yellowing-leaves-on-tomatoes

Welcome to our little tomato family
Red%2BSlicer%2BTomato.jpg
Where is miss @JenniferS when you need her:oops:

Songbird76

I so happy this is finally happening for him. I made a comment early on to my peditrician, DD was about two, this Doc had real forward thing diagnostic skills. He played with her and observed however she wouldn't speak to him but would follow directions. I had issues with our school district cause she was 2 and they didn't want to take her for early childhood intervention. My peditrician told me they MUST. Long story but Easter Seals helped me in so many ways with her and how to make sure the schools did everything required and how to present to the district. When her IQ was tested they did not want to write an IEP for disability being non verbal and an IEP for being Gifted as her IQ was very high. I won that one two but you shouldn't have to win and fight for your child to educated properly. And there is when I pounded a sign in the ground, got a petition to be placed on the ballot for our elected school board. I didn't want other parent to have to continue to fight for services, we had the freak'n special ed staff already.

Any who it all did work out in the end. She graduated from a top University with a double major in Math and Statistics. Yesterday at work a presenter from her department called in sick and 20 minutes prior they dumped a presentation to the staff in her lap. She pulled off the speech before hundreds of people without any prep. So with the right services it amazing what our kids can pull off. I hope for the same with your son. :inlove:
That is an amazing story...and so great for your daughter that she got help. I asked for help starting when DS was about a year or 2 old because of the meltdowns. Everyone told me it was a phase, he'd grow out of it. He'd stop when he saw other kids didn't do that. He'd stop when the kids started making fun of him. Nope. We tried so many different things and we had him observed and we were told he could use therapy, but he was too smart...they wouldn't offer it because it was designed for kids with a cognitive disability and DS obviously didn't qualify. Great...so you recognize that he needs help, but won't give it to him because he's gifted. Well, at least he'll get it now...it's late, but better late than never. You are right...parents shouldn't have to go through this! It shouldn't take 8 years to get some help! It took us 8 years to find the right hoop to jump through. Ridiculous!!
I think DS will end up doing something with math...he LOVES math. When he was 2, we had to take DD to preschool, and then when he was 2.5 he started as well...we would walk through this parking lot to get there and the lines for the cars were striped, kind of like on the highway. He would walk across those stripes and count them...up into the 20s and 30s....I thought it was pretty impressive for a 2 or 3 year old...he did it EVERY time. That was part of the routine...we HAD to walk that way so we went through that parking lot and he could count lines. So math has always been his favorite, since he was itty bitty...no idea what form it will take as he gets older, but Math is his favorite subject, so I think he'll stick with that.

Songbird76

I am more than happy to share our great fortune of snow....(not)! Please be my guest. :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
I could have used it yesterday!! It was 86 degrees and so muggy!! They sent out an app at work asking for people to come in if we weren't scheduled, and I'm not on the schedule for another week after this one, so I went in. The warehouse doesn't have sufficient air conditioning, especially upstairs...it was SOOOO hot. Not a nice "Welcome back to work" present!!

Songbird76

I wish I could find a rate for the Contemporary for $220, the cheapest I've seen was around $380 but that was traveling in the summer.
I think the disney site has been a bit wonky. I was checking just for fun the other day and for a week long stay I think Grand Floridian said like...7000 and contemporary said 14,000. Then yesterday, a 2 week stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge was cheaper than a 2 week stay at Art of Animation, and Yacht Club said 24,000. Pretty sure those are outliers and not accurate.

Songbird76

And it looks like the 3 of us are or are going to get slammed again. We were doing that green hazy sky at dusk. Creepity.
Oh, that's never a good sign. That dirty yellow color was the one my mom always told us to watch for, because that's when you get tornados. I've seen it twice over here and both times I was looking out the window...we don't have basements over here. My husband told me that the Netherlands didn't get tornados...but both times I saw that yellow color, there was a news report of a funnel that did some damage. They are small ones over here, but we do get them. Please stay safe over there! If you are getting that kind of sky, it doesn't bode well!!

Songbird76

I just love visiting zoos!

Wow....how many watermelons do they go through in a day!? DD and DS are headed to the zoo for their class trip on Monday. (DD's birthday!) I'm jealous...I love the zoo! DD is really looking forward to it, but they went to that zoo with her class about....4 years ago? And she lost her group somehow. They were in the aquarium building and she was looking at the fish and didn't see her group leave and the adult leading the group didn't do a headcount. Fortunately they had given each kid a pin with their group leader's phone number on it and had told the kids if they got lost to wait for another group to come along and then the leader of that group could call their group and let them know. But she still had to wait for a bit for another group to come along and she was only about 7. She was pretty scared. And yet, she's really excited to go back.

Songbird76

Yep. I wonder how women deal with PINK. It is a wonderful philanthropic cause but it does slap one upside the head at every turn with the reminder without warning. I have a friend who is a survivor. Pink was her favorite color always. Now she cringes. I understand.
Aw, how sad! I don't have a problem with pink, actually. DD and I just got Pink ribbon sweatshirts while we were in the US for dad's funeral. She needed a light jacket or sweatshirt because it wasn't as cold as we were expecting, so we went to kmart and they had sweatshirts and for every item you buy, part of it goes to some sort of breast cancer organization, so we each got one. But I can understand that impulse...for me, it's more the date that gets me because mom died on the 4th of July. I don't have to worry about it so much over here, it not being a holiday. But Facebook and forums are usually pretty rife with decorations and such. It's not as bad as it was the first couple of years after she passed, but patriotic stuff tends to remind me of her death.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom