The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well that was fun! :eek: I was asleep. Got up and took a walk after the calm.
River is just up to the bank and just leaching onto the riverwalk. Wooba.
Will be interesting to see what dawn will bring as the water comes on down the river. Joy Joy. Not thinking I'll need to water the little plants (if they haven;t drowned)

Yep had a nap. If @MinnieM123 was in town she could keep me company.
Dang! That was a storm.

Gabe1

I still have nightmares from when I lost sight of my older ds at Disney for a few moments. We have a place in each park to meet up but I'm glad it didn't come to needing to use it. I can't imagine how I'd handle having to have to get help to find one of mine back then

Disney Parks are about the best if that is possible to loose a kid. Find a CM any CM. They silently find them. It is always helpful for the parent to know what they were dressed in though. Reason why though I never thankfully needed it I took a picture of them every morning before we left our room.

Gabe1

Oh wow....5 years doesn't seem that long anyway...that's still pretty fresh. It took me somewhere around 10 years before I didn't bawl my eyes out at any story having to do with breast cancer. My mom has been gone for almost 15 years now.

Yep. I wonder how women deal with PINK. It is a wonderful philanthropic cause but it does slap one upside the head at every turn with the reminder without warning. I have a friend who is a survivor. Pink was her favorite color always. Now she cringes. I understand.

Gabe1

You know, the bad thing of living in a touristic town is.. almost all the vacation packages offered by mayor airlines or travel companies.. are for your hometown lol XD

I'm not that far if kept in perspective from Chicago. Doable. I've had some very lovely tourist times in Chicago. I was born in Chicago and remember living there next to my Grandma, Aunt and above them my Aunt and Uncle along with my cousins. A quaint memory. So when I go back though not to the same area (way too dangerous of an area now) I love to visit as a tourist.
Sometimes we forget to look in our own backyards for goodtimes.

Gabe1

I've never been able to sleep in any type of aircraft.:)

I think at 6 am being up since 1 am I drift at best. I do try. I take my travel pillow, my infant flannel throw-slam my head against the wall of the plane and try to rest. Sometimes I think I kinda drift. But I take whatever half baked kinda of rest I can especially on a Disney vacy.

Gabe1

Good for you! Once you start, it actually gets easier. I dreaded ironing and packing but it didn't take long at all. ;)

I remember when my kids were small it was overwhelming, we use to go for a little over two weeks. It was on me to pack a family of 4, clean house, get dogs to kennel etc etc. By the time I did all the wash, packing for 4, purchasing what I needed, shipping what was necessary I remember one trip being so tired after work and starting up with vacation duties thinking this is it I'm done. Ha! My love of Disney didn't let that happen but it is sometime overwhelming to have all those lists for a family.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Fresh tomatoes will be good!

Our farmers market opens this weekend, not that I think there will be tomatoes but it is encouraging that with all the junky weather we have had things are growing! Actually over the fall/winter a new covered pavilion was built for the farmers market so there is a big grand opening celebration too. @figmentfan423 when will your farmer's market journeys begin?
Guess where I'll be Saturday morning:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy: It's the first of the season so I'm not expecting much. The other ones don't open for a few weeks:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom