Extra Fastpasses???

St3vo6517

Original Poster
Besides using MDE or kiosks after using the 3rd FP. Does anyone here have any experience with getting "extra" Fastpasses from castmembers? Any special locations, gestures or phrases we can use to get some? Legal, of course. I'm just thinking with so many frequent visitors/fans on this site, someone has got to have some story they can share...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If the ride you are on malfunctions and you have to evacuate, you will get one. There's nothing like you requested for folks to tell you.

sjhym333

Others may have a different experience but from mine the only extra FP that I have gotten is from a cast member friend and that has been very rare. What I hear from my CM friends is that mgmt frowns upon handing out extra FP's and most CM's don't even possess them anymore and the only person who has control over them is a coordinator.

dreamfinder

I think the only gesture that would work is to sign up and then take a DVC tour (assuming you haven't done so recently and are still eligible to receive them).

correcaminos

I've only received them when a ride broke down after we had been waiting. We were waiting in line at Pooh when it happened last time. We could see them do everything (getting locks/keys out and all) and the little FP papers were in their own locked box. So not something they just have on hand. Similar story to when we were in line for Jungle Cruise and the wheel chair boats were both down. They had to go to their podium and unlock the paper FP and the like. I haven't seen them just handed out for no real reason.

JillC LI

My sister was offered some at the resort a few weeks ago when she had a problem with check-in, even though the issue was ultimately resolved.

nickys

Premium Member
My sister was offered some at the resort a few weeks ago when she had a problem with check-in, even though the issue was ultimately resolved.

Yeah, they will offer them if something goes wrong. But OP was asking what s/he can do to get extra ones.

AndrewsJ

Besides using MDE or kiosks after using the 3rd FP. Does anyone here have any experience with getting "extra" Fastpasses from castmembers? Any special locations, gestures or phrases we can use to get some? Legal, of course. I'm just thinking with so many frequent visitors/fans on this site, someone has got to have some story they can share...
Nope use what you are allotted like everyone else.

Last year by the Rapunzel bathroom near the stroller parking area, a wonderful cast member came up and asked my kids if they could find some hidden Pascals in the area (I forget how many but at least 5). They looked around and pointed them out she gave them some clues then handed them some paper fast passes for a few different rides (I think Pooh, Jungle cruise, and Haunted Mansion). They were sooooooooo excited!!!!

mouse_luv

Use your allotted FP's and get on with your life. I mean, you're in WDW, how much better could life be at that point?!?!
yd6dz.jpg

21stamps

If you are doing JTA and the wait is extremely long you may get one.

I had no idea they did this, and was extremely grateful!! We received one each, as well as the other people near us in line..but we waited well over an hour.. if you just want a FP that may not be worth it ;)

nickys

Premium Member
I know. I was pointing out that she only got them because something went wrong, not because she asked in a certain way.

Fair enough!

Actually, I've seen some people say they got them when they'd completed the Pirate adventure game, but only for PotC....

My family got them when FEA was down one evening. I'd actually booked an fp+ for it when we were at Kennedy one day, just in case we wanted to nip over for Illuminations that evening. Forgot to cancel it.... (oops). It was an anytime fp and was good for 24 hours, so we used it at AK the next day.

dreamfinder

My family got them when FEA was down one evening. I'd actually booked an fp+ for it when we were at Kennedy one day, just in case we wanted to nip over for Illuminations that evening.

Which is standard practice. If a ride goes offline during your FP window, you should be given a wildcard FP. Depending on the ride, it may only be good for certain other rides. Even if the ride comes back online during your window, you should still have that wildcard FP on your MDE to use according to the terms of the notifying message.

Jared Augustine

Cast Members were fantastic to give a FP when my daughter got sick at the park. They then handed us a paper FP for my daughter to return at a different time/date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom