3 park, one-day trip logistics

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I was gifted a pair of one-day park hoppers from a friend, so my fiancee and I plan on using them next week.

Our plan is drive to AK in the morning, and in the early afternoon, drive onward to Epcot. That's pretty straightforward

Here's where it gets tricky:

Epcot closes at 9:30, and we plan on leaving about 9pm and head to MK, which closes at 11pm. We plan on taking an Uber from Epcot to Magic Kingdom (the path between the Contemporary and MK), since driving or using Disney transportation will take us a lot longer.

We'd be leaving the car at Epcot for that time. Will there be any issue Uber-ing back to Epcot to pick up the car at 11:30pm-midnight? Or should I expect the car to be towed away and ending up at the Car Car Center?

correcaminos

Don't the express busses stop at park close?
It says until park closing and you said you'd be leaving before it closes. But that isn't very specific with the exact times. The run every 30 mins, but slightly staggered schedules.

Valet parking at a resort might help too with issues

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
It says until park closing and you said you'd be leaving before it closes. But that isn't very specific with the exact times. The run every 30 mins, but slightly staggered schedules.

Valet parking at a resort might help too with issues

I'd be leaving Epcot before it closes, yes. To MK, and then returning to Epcot to grab the car, after it's been closed for almost two hours.

The half hour wait is also a concern, since in a car, they're about 5-10 minutes apart.

Basically, I just want to be sure that my car won't be towed from Epcot if I leave it there for a few hours after park closing.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

I'd be leaving Epcot before it closes, yes. To MK, and then returning to Epcot to grab the car, after it's been closed for almost two hours.

The half hour wait is also a concern, since in a car, they're about 5-10 minutes apart.

Basically, I just want to be sure that my car won't be towed from Epcot if I leave it there for a few hours after park closing.
It's probably not as big of a deal as you think. I just checked for a day on my trip when the park closes at 9, and you can make ADRs in World Showcase as late as 8:55. Those people could very well be leaving the park around the same time as you're getting back to your car. Close to it, even if it's not the exact same time.

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

We've done that when there were extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom. The only trouble was they closed the monorail back to Epcot so we had to take a bus which took a really long time to come. But our car was there with no issues. And you are smarter to Uber.

If you're worried, I would leave a little note in the windshield.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

The buses are on a specific schedule. You don't necessarily have a half hour wait, you just have to be there a few minutes before the bus is scheduled to leave.

My suggestion is to not park at Epcot but rather than valet park at a resort and see if Uber or Express bus is the best option for you once you get there to get around. I don't think your car will be towed, but I wouldn't want to leave it there that long after a park closes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom