Fort Wilderness Bike Barn Casting Rod Fishing Gear Rental

Tyaloo

Original Poster
Hello!

I had heard, from a very unreliable source, that Disney completely stopped the dock side fishing in this area recently.

Anyone know if this is true? We have fished from the dock at POR and wanted to try it at FW this year.

Thanks everyone!

MickeyMomV

Hello!

I had heard, from a very unreliable source, that Disney completely stopped the dock side fishing in this area recently.

Anyone know if this is true? We have fished from the dock at POR and wanted to try it at FW this year.

Thanks everyone!
I don't see anything listing it as an option anymore on the official disney web site. They only list the charters and dock fishing at Port Orleans. I would not doubt that they have ended it from Fort Wilderness for obvious reasons. My guess is they are trying to keep small kids and family's from just hanging out at the waters edge for extended periods of time. Maybe somebody that is there or has been there recently knows for sure.

Tyaloo

Original Poster
That is what I was wondering too! I did find a youtube video where a guy did it in Sept of 2016, and showed the new alligator signs up.

I would just like more people to confirm for sure, before we make the trek over there! Thanks :)

LeeMick

When we were there in February, I asked the bike Barn CM where we could fish. She said at the dock across from the bike barn, and anywhere there was a fence between you and the water. The only place with a fence was next to the dog park. We pulled a few fish from there, but saw a gator there two days later!(inside the fence)

Tyaloo

Original Poster
Oh I see! Gator inside the fence - good to know!

Guess we're going back to POR to fish again this year - my mom won't go anywhere near where a gator was (though really - couldn't we see them anywhere there is water?).

Thanks @LeeMick for sharing the info! Appreciate it!

LeeMick

IMG_1876.JPG
Here's a pic of the gator we saw, we were on the other side of the fence fishing a couple days before.

21stamps

When we were there in February, I asked the bike Barn CM where we could fish. She said at the dock across from the bike barn, and anywhere there was a fence between you and the water. The only place with a fence was next to the dog park. We pulled a few fish from there, but saw a gator there two days later!(inside the fence)

You have to fish over a fence?

That sounds so weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom