Trip Report *COMPLETED* Let me share this whole new world with you!

Welcome! I have just returned back from my Disneymoon and want to share my adventure with you all. Leading up to the trip, I was nervous about whether or not my DH would enjoy his first trip to WDW, so stay tuned to see how it turned out. I hope that you enjoy!

My pre-trip report gives a backstory on how we ended up on this adventure if you'd like to read:
My groom agreed on a Disneymoon, but will he love it?

Let's get started!

Who?
Me, Heather and DH, Josh
IMG_3593.JPG

What?
Our honeymoon!

When?
April 30th-May 7th

Where?
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

IMG_3486.JPG

Next: Travel and Arrival Day

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
You guys zig zagged a lot! It's really great you were able to fit all that in even though there is an impending storm! It makes for some cool photos though!!

Also, I really love all the selfies! You don't see enough selfies in trip reports!

Looking back on it, we did zig zag around a bit, but at the time it didn't seem like it. I guess because it was at a relaxed pace. Up to this point we had walked on to every attraction. I used touring plans to make personal plans and it worked out very well for us as far as wait times went.

I totally agree...bring on more trip report selfies!! Thank you!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I was very excited to eat at Be Our Guest.
beourguest2.jpg

beourguest.jpg

I was mesmerized! It's so awesome to finally see it in person! I really wanted to sit in the West Wing.
beourguest4.jpg

beourguest3.jpg

As we are sitting there looking around and waiting for our food, Josh tells me he doesn't even remember the story of Beauty and the Beast! :jawdrop: I filled him in and he asked questions that I was happy to answer. I started to wonder if he'd ever seen it to begin with because he really didn't have any idea what I was talking about! :cautious:

It wasn't long before our food magically appeared!
beourguest5.jpg

French Onion Soup to share, Croque Monsieur w/pommes frites for each, Master's cupcake and lemon meringue cupcake!

I'll be honest. I didn't love the soup, but I've never really cared for french onion soup to begin with. I ate a couple bites, but then moved on to my sammich! This was soooo good! Yum Yum Yum! Josh liked dipping his into the french onion soup, haha! We each tried both cupcakes and he liked the lemon better and I like the master's, so we ate the rest of our particular favorite! My favorite counter service by far! I enjoyed the whole experience. As we finished up, Josh went to get us some refills and a lady sat down next to us with LSU Mickey ears! Of course, I had to compliment her and turns out we live in the same town.

After lunch, I waited in the longest line I had waited in all day. The women's restroom line in BOG! My goodness! We left talking about what to do next. It was getting dark quick. I looked at the app and Under the Sea had 30 minute wait, but we said heck with it and got in line, hoping to make it inside before we got wet!
littlemermaid.jpg

mermaid.jpg

And we did! It took us right at 30 minutes to get to the loading area and fastpass people were coming in drenched. It was storming!! We hopped into our clam shell and stayed dry "under the sea". It was fun. Little Mermaid is my favorite and I LOVE the music, so we were dancing and singing along and had a great ride. By the time we got off, the storm had passed! Perfect!

I believe we hit Philharmagic after this which is another favorite of mine! While waiting for the show to start I was able to grab a FP for Haunted Mansion, but first another stop! I made a lot of these particular stops. o_O
tangled.jpg

Then off to see the grim grinning ghost!
hauntedmansion2.jpg
hauntedmansion.jpg

Josh was impressed with Disney during this ride.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
hauntedmansion3.jpg
hauntedmansion4.jpg

We had hit a wall and decided it was time to head out and get some rest. We headed to the front, but we couldn't leave with ONE last stop! ICE CREAM! :hungry:
icecream.jpg
icecream2.jpg

I'll also add a few photopass pictures that we took earlier in the day, but forgot to add in previous post. (You can see where Josh got squirted on his shirt in these pictures) After the first few pictures, the guy notice our "Just Married" shirts then moved us to a different location.
castlelove3.jpg
castlelove.jpg
castlekiss.jpg

After our ice cream, we went back to AKL for some rest! I'm not normally a nap person, but I was really feeling like I could pass out. We get to the room and get cleaned up a bit, pulled the curtains shut and climb into bed. Josh fell asleep in about 30 seconds! Now remember how I mentioned the noise level from our room being above the lobby of our resort. Well just as I'm getting comfortable and am starting to drift off to dream land.....this took place, right outside of my door! :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
*not my video and not a great one, but you get the idea

And this occurred everyday around the same time. Don't me wrong, I think it's a cool thing, I just wish I had asked to be moved because it really did become a problem. And not only that, the lobby was just loud in general. Neat place to hang out, not a great room location! No nap for me, but I relaxed awhile before getting up to get ready for our evening!

We had a Cali Grill ADR this night, but I ended up cancelling it. :jawdrop: I know, I know! But I wanted to watch Wishes for the last time inside the park, so I was cool with it.

Bus ride selfie :D
busselfie.jpg

Back to the MK!
mk2.jpg
mk.jpg

Josh got plenty of compliments and laughs over his shirt. :hilarious: He loves me! :inlove: I wish he taken off his sunglasses for this picture though!

Next: Evening at MK and saying goodbye to Wishes

LeighM

Your trip report is playing mind games with me because in some pictures your husband looks like a twin to a guy I knew in high school named James LOL. I can't believe how similar they look. If I had any pictures, I would upload them so you can see. It's mind boggling :jawdrop:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
First order of business was dinner! I ran through all the quick service with Josh and he picked Pinocchio's. Snapped another pic of the castle because I can't help myself.
IMG_0243.JPG

We each ordered a pepperoni flatbread and a side salad. Really good!
IMG_0246.JPG

I had made another FP for Buzz earlier on in the day, so after dinner we slowly walked that direction, just soaking in our surroundings.

Buzz!
IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_3602.JPG

So much fun! As we were walking out, Buzz was doing a meet and greet outside. Our son is obsessed with Buzz, so we facetimed him with Buzz in the background and he thought that was the coolest thing. He was waving and saying hello!

After this we took a spin on the Peoplemover!
IMG_0254.JPG
IMG_0252.JPG

We were so thirsty, but we didn't want water or coke, so we decided on slushies! Josh got the lemonade and I got strawberry mixed with the other flavor they had. I think it was like passion fruit or something but I really can't remember. Both were good and refreshing!
IMG_0255.JPG

Neither of us felt like riding anything else, so we took our slushies and found a spot to sit on the hub grass.
IMG_0256.JPG

Move It, Shake It was going on.
IMG_0261.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We had such a nice time just hanging out, talking and people watching as the sun set.
IMG_0283.JPG

Soon it was time for my last viewing of Wishes. :cry: I didn't take many pictures and the ones I did take are terrible, hah!
IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0292.JPG
IMG_3610.JPG

There were tears shed and not just because Wishes was ending or that this would be the last time I would see it, but because 5 years ago, I was told I couldn't have children and I was going through a divorce. I dreamed of someday meeting my Prince, my true love, and little did I know, I already knew him. He was right in front of me and now here I was sitting in my favorite place with my best friend, the father of my child, the love of my life. How did I get so lucky?

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you through. When you wish upon a star, your dreams...come true. Sometimes, wishes can be granted in the most unexpected ways.

My heart was so full and I couldn't have asked for anything more than that moment right then with my husband. :inlove:

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Wednesday was our rest day....well sort of. We slept in a bit which was really nice. I went outside on our balcony to see if I could see any animals. Now we got the standard room, so I was fully expecting say...a parking lot view or maybe a roof top, but what I was not expecting was this.
IMG_3532.JPG

A huge brown wall! :arghh: Our balcony felt like a box! If I stood on my tippy toes and put my camera in the air...this was my view. haha! That wall got on my nerves. I would have rather had a parking lot view! But hey, you win some, you lose some! Still a gorgeous resort!
IMG_3531.JPG

Soon enough, we went down for our breakfast reservation. A quick walk over to Boma and we were seated immediately! I start each morning with a nice cup of coffee and I hadn't had any this week thus far, so the first thing I ordered was a nice cup of coffee and the waitress brought over the famous juice as well. Then we hit the buffet. Now Josh is not an adventurous eater, but there were plenty of options for him, but I wanted to try some of the unique offerings.

Here is our first plates. At this point, Josh asked if I was really going to take a picture of everything I eat this week? Hello...trip report! He never did learn that I needed to take pictures of his food before he started eating. I had to remind him all week, haha!
IMG_0296.JPG
IMG_0297.JPG

I tried the Turkey Bobotie (South African Dish with Turkey, Mushrooms, and Egg) and Corned beef hash dish. Really good and I had seconds on those! Bacon, eggs and a chocolate donut because chocolate donuts are awesome. But that french toast bread pudding with praline sauce...WOW!!!

Josh pretty much stuff with your basis breakfast items. He did get the pap which is said was nasty and not like the grits we eat. His second plate consisted of an omelet from the station.

Overall, pretty good. We were so full! We decided to go do a little exploring to walk off some of the food we had consumed.

Lobby pictures:
IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_0299.JPG
IMG_0300.JPG
IMG_0301.JPG
IMG_0303.JPG

How cozy does this firepit area look??
IMG_0302.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
This lobby though.....STUNNING! Pictures in no way shape or form do it justice either and the smell when you walk in. Just wonderful! I never got sick of walking into the this lobby. It's just breathtaking!
IMG_3486.JPG

We kept exploring and found some of the lookout areas!
IMG_3613.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3617.JPG
IMG_3618.JPG

IMG_3622.JPG
IMG_3625.JPG

And finally made it down to the pool!
IMG_3627.JPG

Relaxed here awhile. The water was cold, but we got used to it and Josh went down the slide. They were playing some great music! And what's a pool day without a drink, right?

Banana Cabana...MMMMMM
IMG_3631.JPG

I was shocked when he came back with a Red Stag lemonade (my man with a pink drink and not even caring). He's normally a beer guy. It was SO SOUR. :hungover:
IMG_3632.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We decided to get a little lunch and bring it back to our room, in hopes of getting a nap in. I got chicken nugget and Josh had an African hot dog which was your basic chili cheese dog.
IMG_3635.JPG

Josh slept to the beat of the drums and I laid there with my eyes closed before getting up to get ready for our evening! And where would the evening take us?

IMG_3641.JPG

Ohana! We got there a little early so we had a drink at the Tambu Lounge. I finally got the try the Lapu Lapu and I really didn't love it. It was just ok. I will try a different one next time!
IMG_3637.JPG

And here he is with another pink drink! This time the Bahama Mama which was yummy! He normally never gets drinks like this because he's highly allergic to strawberries so he has to make sure these kind of things have no trace of strawberry in them.
IMG_3640.JPG

They called us to our table right on our reservation time! This is the picture I took from our table to show our view. Just a tad blurry, I'd say. I guess the Lapu Lapu was getting to me. o_O
IMG_3642.JPG

Our nice cousin sat us with some bread to get started.
IMG_3643.JPG

We were greeted by our waiter, Cousin Roy. Since this our first time here, he explained how everything worked and we were soon presented with our appetizer plate! If this had just been my dinner for the evening, I would have been content. I loved this and those dumplings were LIFE! Loved them!
IMG_3646.JPG

Next came the meats. Cousin Roy would give me a few pieces and ask if this was ok to start and then he would triple that on Josh's plate. We had the chicken which was good, the steak which was good but a little overcooked for my taste and then the shrimp. By the time the shrimp came, Josh couldn't eat another bite. Cousin Roy told him to bring his appetite next time, haha!

He told me he was only going to eat one bite of dessert......then they brought THE dessert.....
IMG_3652.JPG

along with this dessert....
IMG_3649.JPG

Needless to say, more than one bite was had! This bread pudding....nom nom nom! :hungry:
We each took a small bite of the celebration dessert to! :)

So good...this was Josh's favorite meal of the trip!

We decided to catch the boat over to the Magic Kingdom for a little bit. We walked around the Poly and the grounds before doing so and FELL IN LOVE with the place! What's not to fall in love with, right?
IMG_3655.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
These little guys followed us out to the boat dock.
IMG_3657.JPG

Sunset was so pretty!
IMG_3656.JPG

Another nice couple from Louisiana offered to take our picture.
IMG_3665.JPG

Goodbye Poly...we will be back!
IMG_3660.JPG

IMG_3667.JPG

Magic Kingdom was crowded with people waiting for Wishes. We went straight for the Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder and Splash Mountain..which are all even more fun at night!

Our skipper was really great! Wishes was going off during our ride.
IMG_3668.JPG

IMG_3673.JPG

IMG_3674.JPG

After a quick, fun visit we decided to head back to the resort for the night! We settle in, watched some Stacey and fell asleep quickly!

Next: Animal Kingdom

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I think by today, the exhaustion was setting in for me. I was still excited, but I wasn't moving as quickly. But here we were!
IMG_3675.JPG

Today was also the first day that I really felt the heat and it was super crowded! We made our way in and got to see the opening show with the birds. Now that was so cool! I've never seen that before and we loved it!
IMG_3676.JPG
IMG_3677.JPG
IMG_3679.JPG

IMG_3678.JPG

We walked back to the Dino area and over to our first attraction.
IMG_3682.JPG
IMG_3684.JPG

That woke me up a bit! We had some time before our first fastpass so we decided to get something to snack on. But first...some photopass. Josh really looks surprised. LOL!
IMG_3685.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_401452988193.jpeg

We walked by to the little stand outside of the Safari and each had one of these for breakfast.
IMG_3683.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
The safari was Josh's most anticipated ride. He had been looking forward to this all week and I hoped for a great one just for him!
IMG_0305.JPG

And it was! Probably the best one I've ever been on. So many animals everywhere! I won't bombard you with the 100's of pictures I took, but here are some.
IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0339.JPG
IMG_0345.JPG

As we were pulling away, the lion roared! So cool! From one lion to the next.

The Lion King show! This show is the best!
IMG_3688.JPG

Then we used our last two fastpasses before lunch! That little girl next to me on Dinosaur was laying in my lap at one point.
IMG_3703.JPG
IMG_3692.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Lunch was at Yak & Yeti
IMG_3693.JPG

I was starving! I ordered the Firecracker shrimp appetizer and vegetable lo mein as my meal, but they brought out the shrimp early and I was thankful. I ate it without a picture, but it was really delicious. My lo mein was meh. And it was too much. I hardly put a dent in it. (sorry about the terrible pic)
IMG_3694.JPG

Josh ordered the Kobe beef burger topped with asian slow. Y'all!!! I kid you not, this was one of the best burgers ever. I was soooo regretting not getting this!
IMG_3695.JPG

During lunch I grabbed a 4th FP for Kali River Rapids. We watched these guys show off for awhile before heading over and getting a locker.
IMG_3696.JPG

We got drenched, but I thought the ride overall was lame! They could have done so much better with this. I've never ridden before because I didn't want to get wet and it totally wasn't worth it, IMO. I had a soggy bottom for quite awhile.

Josh wanted to do the safari again. No FP left but the wait was 30 minutes, so we said why not. We stopped for a treat on the way!
IMG_3700.JPG
IMG_3698.JPG

I was crashing hard while in line for the safari. It was so hot and I felt a migraine coming on. Our plans were to walk the Gorilla trail after, but I really just wanted to go back to rest. So we decided after the safari we'd head back to the resort. I didn't take any pictures on this ride, but it was great again! Our driver was SO informative. It was awesome!

Some pictures on the way out.
IMG_3702.JPG
IMG_3704.JPG

By the time we got back, the headache had set in. I took something and climbed into bed! We were supposed to meet up with my sister (who lives in Lakeland) at Disney Springs, but I would have had to leave in about an hour to meet up with her, so I called and told her we'd have to cancel and she understood. She couldn't meet later because she has two small boys and teaches the next day, so sadly we wouldn't be able to meet up. Josh and I said we'd just go to Disney Springs later on tonight. I had not made a reservation there thinking we would do quick service, but he said just go ahead and see what they had available. So I grabbed one for Raglan Road. Then I did something I hadn't been able to do the entire trip...I FELL ASLEEP!!!!! We woke up around 7:00 and our reservation was at 7:45! At that point I was wishing we had stuck with the quick service plan!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We got ready fairly quickly and made our way to the bus stop. Of course, this was the longest wait we've had for a bus. While we waited...
IMG_3706.JPG

IMG_3707.JPG

Once we got to DS, I was lost! It took us a bit to figure out where we were. It didn't help that it was dark out! We finally found our way to Raglan Road only 15 minutes late. We were seated immediately. The band was playing but they put us in the back room so we couldn't see the band or dancers. It was ok because it was really loud in there. It wasn't long before we got really hot though! It was so stuffy! Then a few minutes later we felt it get cool, so someone must have finally turned on the AC! The pictures are dark, but our waitress brought us some bread.
IMG_3708.JPG

I thought it was good. I could see Josh wasn't looking very interested in the menu. When our waitress came to take our order, I ordered the fish and chips and he ordered...a caesar salad?? He also opted for the shrimp. I think it was an $11 upcharge and he only got 4 shrimp. I didn't take a picture of his boring salad, but here was my meal. It was not that impressive either. :( Oh well...
IMG_3709.JPG

We did get a bit of entertainment near us.
IMG_3710.JPG

We settled our bill and went on our way. We came across a performer near the Boathouse that was singing some good rock music so we stopped to listen to him for awhile.
IMG_3711.JPG

Then he decided to sing country and COMPLETELY changed his voice and tried to sound twangy. It sounded super fake and terrible. He should stick to rock. I'm a country music fan and I couldn't take listening to him butcher a Garth Brooks song so we moved on.

We shopped World of Disney. Our son had requested Mickey ears and a Goofy hat, so we picked those up. Josh bought his mom and twin sister a shirt and I got my niece the cutest tsum tsums! One was Darla the fish killer and Nigel from Finding Nemo, Stitch and Bambi. She loved those. We also bought our dog a Minnie collar.

We window shopped around some other stores. There was just so much to see. We planned to make it back during the day one day before we left, but never did. Lastly, we hit up the Lego store.
IMG_3712.JPG
IMG_3713.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG

Next: Hollywood Studios

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I was all prepared to say that the Facetiming with Buzz and your little man was the sweetest thing I've read on these forums, but then I got to the bit about your divorce and your child. It's truly amazing where life takes us :inlove::inlove:

It really is amazing! I kept a positive attitude through all the turmoil, never accepting that as my destiny. I am so very blessed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom