New Addition's To Disney's Animal Kingdom

FigmentJedi

The idea of retheming Dinoland around S.E.A. is a great idea! Of all the parks, I think DAK is a perfect fit for the fictitious S.E.A's mission statement. It pairs well with the park's already founded message of conservation. Not for nothing but shouldn't S.E.A. be a Disney show by now?! Anyway. Something along the lines of becoming honorary society members or twist on the story where S.E.A. was forced to cast out a member of the society for poaching; that would work well. Their discover of a hidden land where Dinosaurs still roam is a very compelling, workable retheme.

Seeing as how S.E.A. acts a "catch-all" for themed lands and because it provides parkgoers with a face and backstory to the Jules Vernian stories; a Journey to the Center of the Earth or Mysterious Island concept could also work. That would be fun!
I've actually got a armchair imagineering pitch from some Tumblr-based prompt thing a while back for "Reimagine a ride to fit into a different land", in this case a version of Countdown to Extinction for Frontierland inspired by this glorious film with a premise of some paleontologist in the middle of the Bone Wars (1870s-1890s) stumbling upon a lost world and taking a request from his East Coast Railroad Tycoon backer to bring a beast back for a zoo and the EMV's being done up in some crazy Harper Goff steampunk style.

Dinoland USA as an Old West-themed lost world hosted by SEA (possibly even tied to Jason Chandler or BTMR's Barnabas Bullion) could also support something like a prehistory themed reimagining of Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland. Give it more of a Badlands/Rocky Mountain attitude and you could distinguish it from the more Monument Valley/Bryce feeling the various Frontierlands have and you could really get something fun out of it.

deWild

Could this possibly (FINALLY) spell the end of the Wildlife Express train!? I posted a while back about how I would like to see the train removed/repurposed outside the park as a resort-only mode of transportation to and from the AKL. This would give the development team an enormous chunk of land for future expansion. Of course, future expansion would grow exponentially if Rafiki's Planet Watch got the axe as well.

FigmentJedi

Could this possibly (FINALLY) spell the end of the Wildlife Express train!? I posted a while back about how I would like to see the train removed/repurposed outside the park as a resort-only mode of transportation to and from the AKL. This would give the development team an enormous chunk of land for future expansion. Of course, future expansion would grow exponentially if Rafiki's Planet Watch got the axe as well.
As mentioned before, Rafiki's Planet Watch is home to the park's animal hospitals and stuff. Of course, you could always just make the building into a behind the scenes tour upcharge if you were to get rid of the Wildlife Express in using the northeast expansion pad.

wdwfan4ver

From an IP standpoint, I better not see these creatures as part of an expansion at AK:

:
74492de2-c33f-49bd-8a40-1f3fe51cc09b_560_420.jpg

Last edited:

WDWTank

Would really like to see Dinoland turn into South America, or even 'The Americas'. It would be the best fit to flow with the park. It could be three mini-lands: A North America dinosaur-area which would include a theme update to Dinosaur and Restaurantsaurus, a Brazil-like 'pavilion' in lieu of Epcot with a full-service Brazillian steakhouse, and a Paradise Falls (Up IP) area with meet and greets, a ride and trails.
But I think wouldn't have to do with animals

cjkeating

Can you tell the difference between Star Tours and Space Mountain?

I would have said yes until I rode Hyperspace Mountain at Disneyland Paris last week. My one line review of HSM was 'A poor man's Star Tours.' I just didn't understand why they had created HSM when Star Tours was brand new next door, one makes you feel like you are in a shuttle, the other on a roller coaster watching clips from Star Wars.

I like HSM at DL for what it is worth but I though it improved on the original SM which I find dull.

Kman101

Considering they were both a go simultaneously until the budget was pulled WDI would beg to differ it seems.

That's true I suppose. I just assumed the bike coaster would have taken us through the land so to speak, and the simulator offers somewhat the same thing but of course in front of a screen. I of course wish they had gone with three attractions, and not cut down the boat ride (although it being calm and family friendly isn't the worst thing, the park needs variety, though most guests seem to want E-tickets but then will complain their little one can't do everything so it's sort of a no win situation) but I still think it looks like they've done an incredible job taking a movie most don't care about anymore and turning it into a beautiful immersive land. FOP seems to be a hit. Haven't been reading much on River Journey ... lol. Maybe they shouldn't have cut it down after all. For what the land cost ...

Bocabear

How does a bike coaster make sense in the world of Avatar?? It makes more sense for Star Wars (speeder bikes) and Tron
I am sure it would have been a land expedition as opposed to the Flight Of Passage which is the air tour of Pandora...so effectively you would tour this new world by land, air and water...It is a real shame they cut the third attraction...

Doug Means

I am sure it would have been a land expedition as opposed to the Flight Of Passage which is the air tour of Pandora...so effectively you would tour this new world by land, air and water...It is a real shame they cut the third attraction...
did they cut the 3rd attraction or just postpone it until a later date? is there a plan?

RSoxNo1

Considering they were both a go simultaneously until the budget was pulled WDI would beg to differ it seems.
What's the time frame for the bike coaster in DAK. I only ask, because the person that fed that info to me turned out to be full of it, and by October 2012, it was established that it would be the C ticket boat ride and E ticket simulator.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What's the time frame for the bike coaster in DAK. I only ask, because the person that fed that info to me turned out to be full of it, and by October 2012, it was established that it would be the C ticket boat ride and E ticket simulator.
by the sounds of it before oct 12. I'll aim to verify - particularly by when the D became a C - tonight.

I'll add when I first heard of avland I ignored it thinking it was false info. This was before it was announced of course. Then as you know my interest wasn't that big in it so I didn't really pay attention. Specific dates I don't know but I'll see what I can find later.

Last edited:

Nickels5

Any chance we see it built in the next 5 years if the and is a success? Maybe they put if off until the sequels start coming out as another way to hype up the movies and the land again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
May 2012 is as far back as I can find the D ticket raft ride. Ride duration 5 minutes, THRC just under 2000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom