Serial Stroller Thief Caught!

Aqueeta

Just another reason to deter the locals from showing up. $100 this lady has an AP, doesn't eat or stay on-site and uses WDW as a form of income by stealing from the ones it was meant for, out-of-town vacationers. WDW needs to do away with the AP.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Just another reason to deter the locals from showing up. $100 this lady has an AP, doesn't eat or stay on-site and uses WDW as a form of income by stealing from the ones it was meant for, out-of-town vacationers. WDW needs to do away with the AP.
untitled.png

seascape

That is a crazy idea. I live up north but make 4 or 5 trips a year and have an AP. Why do you think only locals have them?

mimitchi33

This is one of the many reasons why it's a good idea to rent a stroller rather than bringing one from home. Besides the fact that they can get stolen, home-brought strollers cause inconviences to others. For example, when I was at Disney's California Adventure, someone thought it was a good idea to bring a folding stroller with them onto The Little Mermaid, and they had to stop the ride several times for it.
What 8 year old would want to be in a stroller? I can't even get my 2 year old to go in the stroller. Yes, it takes us forever to walk anywhere.
They may have a disability that makes it hard for them to walk. I know this because I had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis when I was younger, and I had to use a stroller until I was ten.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And to think we almost missed your useless prattle, Preston. Almost....

Monorail_Red_77

In MK last week I couldn't believe someone left their cell phone in their stroller while they were in a ride. For myself, as a general rule. I try to keep valuables in a backpack that I carry with me on rides. Another option that I do if making purchases in the parks is wait until we are leaving a given park, either for the night or when park hopping. Then we make our purchases as we are leaving. I'd rather take my chances leaving them hidden in our car in the lot rather than a stroller. For those guests that take Disney Transport to and from their hotel, see my comment on keeping valuable in a backpack above.

As far as securing your strollers. That is a tough one since CM's need to move them from time to time in order to keep stroller parking orderly. Though I have thought of bringing a cable style bike lock and then looping it through all four wheels. At least that would hopefully bring some attention to someone dragging a stroller through the park with all four wheels locked. I know that not all strollers have open wheels for this option though.

Another option would maybe be one of those GPS locator tags, or kid tags. That might be another thought. Hide one of those tags under a handle/flap or something and glue it in place.

G00fyDad

In MK last week I couldn't believe someone left their cell phone in their stroller while they were in a ride. For myself, as a general rule. I try to keep valuables in a backpack that I carry with me on rides. Another option that I do if making purchases in the parks is wait until we are leaving a given park, either for the night or when park hopping. Then we make our purchases as we are leaving. I'd rather take my chances leaving them hidden in our car in the lot rather than a stroller. For those guests that take Disney Transport to and from their hotel, see my comment on keeping valuable in a backpack above.

As far as securing your strollers. That is a tough one since CM's need to move them from time to time in order to keep stroller parking orderly. Though I have thought of bringing a cable style bike lock and then looping it through all four wheels. At least that would hopefully bring some attention to someone dragging a stroller through the park with all four wheels locked. I know that not all strollers have open wheels for this option though.

Another option would maybe be one of those GPS locator tags, or kid tags. That might be another thought. Hide one of those tags under a handle/flap or something and glue it in place.

Get a cheap cable bike lock and lock the front wheels only. This will allow the CM to move the stroller much easier while making someone walking it out of the park stand out as a thief.

Scuttle

That was my first thought as well. Who in their right mind brings an $1800 stroller on vacation, and leaves all their valuables in it? That doesn't give any excuse whatsoever for the thief, but come on. Even if you feel you need the Cadillac, you don't leave it with the windows down and all your valuables sitting out on the seat. Disney has no responsibility to monitor stupid.
I was on the side of the family until I heard that value. I instantly went pro thief. That family needed a wake up call.

Conspiracy theory... maybe this is a Disney plant and is the start of many many more thefts as Disney wants bringing strollers a thing of the past. Forcing people to rent from Disney in turn making another revenue stream for TDO and tightening security loopholes. Who's with me?!?

rob0519

Terrible that person stole someone's property.

But Who needs a 1800 dollar stroller.
Well, need and want is relative. Who NEEDS a Mercedes when a Kia will get you from location A to location B just as well?
It's a matter of personal preference. If the family wants and can afford an $1,800 stroller who are we to question their choice?

peter11435

Well, need and want is relative. Who NEEDS a Mercedes when a Kia will get you from location A to location B just as well?
It's a matter of personal preference. If the family wants and can afford an $1,800 stroller who are we to question their choice?
They are entitled to buy an $1,800 stroller if they want it and can afford it. And we are entitled to question and judge them for doing so.

John C. Shepherd

First i am not Questioning, i am asking the question who needs that, i guess they do. People take thing to literal. I can afford a Range Rover i want but instead i bought a jeep. So i an buy other things i want. Sorry i offended you.

rob0519

If they want a $1800 stroller they should be prepared to be judged for being dumb enough to bring it to a theme park. Who are they showing off for? Not to mention the long miles that are going to be put on the stroller walking all over the park. My children both had Graco strollers as children and they turned out just fine. ;)

So basically, it's piling on this woman because she has the resources and audacity to buy an expensive stroller. The point here should not be the price of the stroller, but the poor decision of the owner to leave her valuables, including medicine, in an unattended stroller and the system in place at Disney that allows the theft to happen.

f this was a $100-$200 stroller this probably wouldn't have even made the forum. My children had umbrella strollers 40 years ago since that was what we could afford. and they turned out fine as well.

As for the long miles, I'm sure an $1,800 dollar stroller can handle the ten or so miles it will travel in a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom