Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

180º

I'm guessing it's going to be a waterfall.

Disneygeek confirmed you're right in this week's update.
I don't see how this could be a waterfall. There is a finished riverbed with dirt right below it, suggesting water won't be flowing into the river from here. Above the wooden structure, there is no bridge for the railroad. Most importantly, the rockwork is practically done. I can't imagine at this late stage they'd pour more concrete, erect more steel, and install more scaffolding. My best guess is these are temporary, to be used during landscaping.

Curious Constance

I don't see how this could be a waterfall. There is a finished riverbed with dirt right below it, suggesting water won't be flowing into the river from here. Above the wooden structure, there is no bridge for the railroad. Most importantly, the rockwork is practically done. I can't imagine at this late stage they'd pour more concrete, erect more steel, and install more scaffolding. My best guess is these are temporary, to be used during landscaping.

Ismael Flores

i heard that it is a pit for the mechanics of a couple AA's. As the train passes thru the area a couple Gungans will pop out. one of them will say "Yousa thinking yousa people ganna die?" the other one will follow with "Yoosa should follow me now, okeeday?"
soon after that you will be able to look down at the rivers of America and see hints of Otoh Gunga.

Guests on the river boats will get a chance to rent guns at an additional fee and shoot at them like the hippos in Jungle book. In order to make this more challenging the guns will be like the ones in Midway mania and for every Gungan you shoot you will get points. Guests will see their scores as they get off the boats in frontierland

George Lucas on a Bench

Wait, they filled the river? Maybe I should pay more attention to the areas surrounding New Orleans Square. I haven't noticed anything since I only do Haunted Mansion (which is admittedly right there) and drink black coffee from the French Market this time of year.

Phroobar

i heard that it is a pit for the mechanics of a couple AA's. As the train passes thru the area a couple Gungans will pop out. one of them will say "Yousa thinking yousa people ganna die?" the other one will follow with "Yoosa should follow me now, okeeday?"
soon after that you will be able to look down at the rivers of America and see hints of Otoh Gunga.

Guests on the river boats will get a chance to rent guns at an additional fee and shoot at them like the hippos in Jungle book. In order to make this more challenging the guns will be like the ones in Midway mania and for every Gungan you shoot you will get points. Guests will see their scores as they get off the boats in frontierland

Only in a perfect world....

TP2000

Original Poster
Our lady blogger is back with footage from Tuesday.

That structure past the trestle is something all right. Maybe a waterfall? A perch for the Indian Chief? Whatever it is, it's something and they're working on it.

britain

A perch for the Indian Chief?

Ding ding ding!

upload_2017-5-17_9-36-56.png

Phroobar

That would explain why it is a deep hole for a worker to running cable. I wonder how much movement Chief Waves-a-lot will have.

sirstude

I notice they have started removing the upper scaffold on the rock work. See around 2:30 and then at about 3:00 some of the I beams have even been cut out. 3:25 shows more scaffold removed and only the I beams sticking out of the rocks. I wonder if they cut them off inside of the rockwork or just as far back as they can from the outside. Need a tighter camera shot to tell I think.

D

Deleted member 107043

I notice they have started removing the upper scaffold on the rock work. See around 2:30 and then at about 3:00 some of the I beams have even been cut out. 3:25 shows more scaffold removed and only the I beams sticking out of the rocks. I wonder if they cut them off inside of the rockwork or just as far back as they can from the outside. Need a tighter camera shot to tell I think.

I'm curious about that process too. I noticed the similar procedure was used when the Cadillac Range was being constructed.

SuddenStorm

and still the Yeti is broken almost six years later.

This sort of thing is one of my biggest peeves. A few Disney attractions will open with really neat effects- but then over the years they'll break, and Disney oftentimes won't spend the money to fix it.

The yeti, the beehive on brer bear's nose in Splash Mountain DL, the doors and ice machine in Indiana Jones, the asteroid in Space Mountain DL, etc.

I think it's awesome the imagineers try to innovate and have new and exciting effects in their rides, but they should probably start having a plan b, or budget more to keep those effects running throughout the life of the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom