AKL or BWI during the Holidays?

• AKL

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • BWI

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

21stamps

Original Poster
Please give reasons for the vote.. thanks!!

Room types are -
Lake for BWI.
Savanna View for AKL.

I have booked and cancelled an AKL stay twice.. the resort looks intriguing, but the distance is a turn off. The Christmastime photos look gorgeous though!

21stamps

Original Poster
the lounge menu and pool at Kidani look better than Jambo, but we would stay at Jambo House.: is it relatively easy/quick to get back and forth?

@lostpro9het

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
the lounge menu and pool at Kidani look better than Jambo, but we would stay at Jambo House.: is it relatively easy/quick to get back and forth?

@lostpro9het
Between both of those BWI and AKL I would pick Savannah view at Jambo but it's a very hard choice love both (love Kidani More but all rooms are DVC rooms and more pricey or you have to rent). And yes very easy to get between both resorts. They have a shuttle or it's a 5-10 min walk. ;)

21stamps

Original Poster
Between both of those BWI and AKL I would pick Savannah view at Jambo but it's a very hard choice love both (love Kidani More but all rooms are DVC rooms and more pricey or you have to rent). And yes very easy to get between both resorts. They have a shuttle or it's a 5-10 min walk. ;)
My issue with Kidani is the distance to the quick service. But the pool there definitely looks better.. we'll just have to walk or take the shuttle if we do it.

Does the lounge get very crowded, or is it easy to get in there?

sxeensweet

My issue with Kidani is the distance to the quick service. But the pool there definitely looks better.. we'll just have to walk or take the shuttle if we do it.

Never crowded that I have ever noticed. ;)

correcaminos

They have QS for breakfast at Sanaa and QS at the pool bar. We loved Kidani over Jambo, but both are good. We did more Kidani activities so we chose there since QS is not our deal breaker. Savanna view is so worth it to us no matter what.

Mrhappyplace

If I were making the decision I'd go with BWI because I love being able to walk to two parks + being able to monorail to a third after a short walk that enable me to grab a quick bite of something better then I'm likely to find at MK.

With that said I really want to stay at AKL and have intended to stay there repeatably but for one reason or another keep choosing other resorts. Really though when we plan a trip I try to figure out what out main objectives for the trip are. If one of the main reasons I'm planning the trip is to experience Pandora I'd definitely book AKL, but if it is eating around the World Showcase obviously I'm going with BW or if it is seeing Christmas decorations and resort hoping I'd probably go with something on the monorail.

epcotisbest

Please give reasons for the vote.. thanks!!

Room types are -
Lake for BWI.
Savanna View for AKL.

I have booked and cancelled an AKL stay twice.. the resort looks intriguing, but the distance is a turn off. The Christmastime photos look gorgeous though!
The distant at AKL is a non-issue. And since you use uber often, that makes it more of a non-issue.
AKL would be my choice. We have stayed at both Kidani and Jambo and much prefer Kidani. Great pool and kids play area, great water slide, just a simply beautiful resort. Sanaa is one of our favorite restaurants anywhere and there is nothing like waking up, opening up the drapes and going out on the balcony with a cup of coffee and pastry to enjoy a few early morning moments watching giraffe and zebra right there in front of you. That is one of our all time favorite experiences. You can walk or shuttle over to Jambo, which we did several times as well for the restaurants, cookie decorating, culinary tour, animal viewing and much more. If you plan any resort time, you won't regret AKL.
We like Boardwalk as well, but for us, no comparison between the two.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

giraffe2.jpg

21stamps

Original Poster
Never crowded that I have ever noticed. ;)
Thanks!
They have QS for breakfast at Sanaa and QS at the pool bar. We loved Kidani over Jambo, but both are good. We did more Kidani activities so we chose there since QS is not our deal breaker. Savanna view is so worth it to us no matter what.

Thanks!

If I were making the decision I'd go with BWI because I love being able to walk to two parks + being able to monorail to a third after a short walk that enable me to grab a quick bite of something better then I'm likely to find at MK.

With that said I really want to stay at AKL and have intended to stay there repeatably but for one reason or another keep choosing other resorts. Really though when we plan a trip I try to figure out what out main objectives for the trip are. If one of the main reasons I'm planning the trip is to experience Pandora I'd definitely book AKL, but if it is eating around the World Showcase obviously I'm going with BW or if it is seeing Christmas decorations and resort hoping I'd probably go with something on the monorail.

You sound a lot like me! This will be a split stay with GF.. I love the monorail too. I also love the Epcot area, but since our focus is more MK days we do MK resorts now, but I look forward to my kid experiencing the Epcot resorts soon! I know he would love the clown slide at BWI.. but I keep debating AKL and decide against it.. I think during the Christmas holidays may be the best time to just get it over with though ;)

The distant from AKL is a non-issue. And since you use uber often, that makes it more of a non-issue.
AKL would be my choice. We have stayed at both Kidani and Jambo and much prefer Kidani. Great pool and kids play area, great water slide, just a simply beautiful resort. Sanaa is one of our favorite restaurants anywhere and there is nothing like waking up, opening up the drapes and going out on the balcony with a cup of coffee and pastry to enjoy a few early morning moments watching giraffe and zebra right there in front of you. That is one of our all time favorite experiences. You can walk or shuttle over to Jambo, which we did several times as well for the restaurants, cookie decorating, culinary tour, animal viewing and much more. If you plan any resort time, you won't regret AKL.
We like Boardwalk as well, but for us, no comparison between the two.

Ok. I'm convinced on AKL.lol. Now it's deciding between Jambo and Kidani. Can you refill your resort mugs at Kidani? Do they offer room service there? I know I asked some of these questions almost a year ago..sorry for the repeats if any. lol

21stamps

Original Poster
Mug refill at Johari Treasures and at the Maji pool bar.
24 hour room service.
Bad news for me- only Studios and one bedrooms. I hate to pay for a one bedroom when I really don't need it. We won't be in the room enough, or at least will be on the balcony when we are. $181 per night difference.

ETA- just noticed the one bedroom only has one bed too. So either way not good for us.

epcotisbest

Bad news for me- only Studios and one bedrooms. I hate to pay for a one bedroom when I really don't need it. We won't be in the room enough, or at least will be on the balcony when we are. $181 per night difference
OK, then that makes Boardwalk a good second choice. Boardwalk is nice too, and you can walk to Epcot and HS.

sxeensweet

Wow! And I've read bad reviews about the Kidani savanna view! Ok, I may have to check rooms there for sure. On my way to the website now
Depends which Savannah you get some complain if they get Pembe Savannah instead of Sunset Savannah being there is no giraffes and such on Pembe being the Okapi resides on Pembe and cannot be with a lot of other large animals it's very shy. You are not guaranteed to get Sunset or Pembe it's the luck of the draw. We have had Sunset and Also stuck in Pembe a lot but I love the Okapi so I deal with it. You can request Sunset as we always do but our request is not met but maybe 50% or less of the time. Most rooms though are on Sunset Savannah at Kidani. We have just had bad luck with it lately lol ;)

21stamps

Original Poster
OK, then that makes Boardwalk a good second choice. Boardwalk is nice too, and you can walk to Epcot and HS.

Jambo House has normal rooms with 2 beds, savanna view. Does their pool have a slide as well? Or is that the one people say is a little slide?

21stamps

Original Poster
Depends which Savannah you get some complain if they get Pembe Savannah instead of Sunset Savannah being there is no giraffes and such on Pembe being the Okapi resides on Pembe and cannot be with a lot of other large animals it's very shy. You are not guaranteed to get Sunset or Pembe it's the luck of the draw. We have had Sunset and Also stuck in Pembe a lot but I love the Okapi so I deal with it. You can request Sunset as we always do but our request is not met but maybe 50% or less of the time. Most rooms though are on Sunset Savannah at Kidani. We have just had bad luck with it lately lol ;)

Wow good to know! Do all of the views at Jambo have giraffes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom