Where do you stash your phone? Ladies, suggestions

Disney4family

***** pack question, I've never worn one and am curious, what makes them more comfortable than a cross body bag?

Omg. F. A. N. N. Y. Pack
I don't know if it is more comfortable or not. I think it's a personal opinion.
I know that after carrying pocketbooks, tote bags and backpacks everywhere else in my life, it's nice not to have anything on my shoulders or across me like that. I don't have to deal with a strap or pull anything up to open it. My f@nny pack is right there. To me, it's easy, the perfect size and convenient (especially since it's clear).
My husband doesn't mind anything on his shoulders so he chooses to wear the clear backpack (for autograph books, unfinished snacks, small gifts we don't send back to the room, etc.).

allgiggles

***** pack question, I've never worn one and am curious, what makes them more comfortable than a cross body bag?

Omg. F. A. N. N. Y. Pack

Like Disney4Family said, it's really more of a personal choice. I used to use a f.anny pack. I thought it was a great option for keeping things right at my fingertips while being a hands-free option. What I didn't like is that the thing was always in the way when I went to the bathroom so I had to either take it off or twist it around which usually caused my shirt to come untucked from under the belt of the pack. The bag sometimes got in the way of ride restraints. I never had to remove it for a ride, but sometimes it ended up in an uncomfortable position. I also found that I got a lower back ache when wearing it for long days -- and it wasn't heavy at all. I only had my phone, credit card, cash, a few tissues, and lip gloss in it. So I find the crossbody bag to be more convenient for me. It's easy to slide out of the way. It's not heavy, so it doesn't dig in to my shoulder/neck. Mine can also be worn around the waist (I've never tried that feature though) and has a wristlet strap that I always keep on it and often use. I switch which shoulder I wear it on just to "keep things even" -- but again, the bag is only big enough for my phone, credit cards, cash, and lip gloss so it's not heavy. I also like that it's really easy to take off (no "clip" to undo, just lift the strap over my head) when we have photopass pictures taken. I prefer to not have it showing up in all of our pictures. :D

Some people prefer a f.anny pack and some a crossbody bag (or any number of other options). I don't think either one is more comfortable than the other in general. It's just what's most comfortable for you.

21stamps

Like Disney4Family said, it's really more of a personal choice. I used to use a f.anny pack. I thought it was a great option for keeping things right at my fingertips while being a hands-free option. What I didn't like is that the thing was always in the way when I went to the bathroom so I had to either take it off or twist it around which usually caused my shirt to come untucked from under the belt of the pack. The bag sometimes got in the way of ride restraints. I never had to remove it for a ride, but sometimes it ended up in an uncomfortable position. I also found that I got a lower back ache when wearing it for long days -- and it wasn't heavy at all. I only had my phone, credit card, cash, a few tissues, and lip gloss in it. So I find the crossbody bag to be more convenient for me. It's easy to slide out of the way. It's not heavy, so it doesn't dig in to my shoulder/neck. Mine can also be worn around the waist (I've never tried that feature though) and has a wristlet strap that I always keep on it and often use. I switch which shoulder I wear it on just to "keep things even" -- but again, the bag is only big enough for my phone, credit cards, cash, and lip gloss so it's not heavy. I also like that it's really easy to take off (no "clip" to undo, just lift the strap over my head) when we have photopass pictures taken. I prefer to not have it showing up in all of our pictures. :D

Some people prefer a f.anny pack and some a crossbody bag (or any number of other options). I don't think either one is more comfortable than the other in general. It's just what's most comfortable for you.

The restroom, in the way, wrinkling my shirt.. is what I would be concerned with. That's what I wondered about.

One good thing we have as women- lots of options! :)

Kristamouse

Original Poster
Wow! Thank you all:)
I loved the Kipling cross body bag and am running to Target later to rule anything there before I order.
I might the the phone pouch too to see which works.
I am a Mom to 6 cuties so I think I will stash some sanitizer, tissues,lip gloss, cash and my AP card and the phone in there.
Often Hubs and I separate with the kids so each of us having a phone is needed.

21stamps

Wow! Thank you all:)
I loved the Kipling cross body bag and am running to Target later to rule anything there before I order.
I might the the phone pouch too to see which works.
I am a Mom to 6 cuties so I think I will stash some sanitizer, tissues,lip gloss, cash and my AP card and the phone in there.
Often Hubs and I separate with the kids so each of us having a phone is needed.

All of that is what I keep in my Kipling crossbody. Best part- seriously, it can rain, I can throw it on the floor of a ride, something can spill.. and it's totally fine. The fabric is perfect for parks! And it's so lightweight you don't even notice it.

Miss.Queenie

I use this.

Attachments

• il_570xN_767699672_b4ii.jpg
    il_570xN_767699672_b4ii.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 57

Allym146

I'll be bringing a small Herschel backpack. In the past I had a cross body and my one shoulder was always sore. But my phone will reside in my back pocket most of the time.

Seabasealpha1

My wife opts for either a wristlet (sp?) or one of those tiny purses with the cross-body strap...(it's like 8x10" or a little smaller).

I personally opt for a small "Sling" style backpack...like teenager sized...it's bigger than my pockets but small enough to fit into those "on ride" compartments...

Though...I'm sure (must be a dude thing) that I'd be screwed without pockets at Disney...

DisneyGirl3820

Just to add...I also find secure pockets (w/ zippers or really deep), are a good way to go for our family so we don't have to stand on the "check your bags" line, which is extremely long sometimes.

correcaminos

I've used waist packs and honestly besides how they look, they really started to put pressure on my lower back. With a crossbody, it feels more uniform on my body and I can adjust where the bag falls so it isn't in the way or adding too much.

I will say I noticed a couple months ago the 'bag free' lines were much longer at both MK and Epcot. Seems everyone is going through them now and making the lines much longer.

elliepixie

I love Vera Bradley crossbody bags, they have different sizes depending on your needs. They are super lightweight and the strap is comfortable. You may notice at the parts, VB is a brand a choice amount women. I usually get them at their Ebay Store, it's directly from VB but at a cheaper price cause some are discontinued items and shipping is free. These are some items:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vera-Bradle...dy-Bag-/201899243563?var=&hash=item74dbfdbe06
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vera-Bradle...istlet-/201721445297?var=&hash=item74c7867335
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vera-Bradle...istlet-/201518252764?var=&hash=item74941cdf08

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom