Farewell Merchandise Frustrations

stitchsMom

Original Poster
I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to post this. Just curious if any other AP Holders are as frustrated as I am. To get all the way to Disney, and only be able to buy the AP tshirt, because everything else is 'sold out' - and be left to purchase from ebay at twice the price? I guess it's my loss that I couldn't rush straight from Wisco to Orlando to get the merchandise... but it's just a defeating feeling to see it all being scalped. Am I alone in this?
(I should probably note I was in the parks prior to the final day of Wishes...not after)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The Disney Store online offered the exact Passholder Wishes Farewell shirt for a limited run for orders all last week. I ordered mine from there it is the same one that was sold at the park. I had even went to MK to see Wishes one last time but only saw the regular version of the shirt and bought it and missed out on the Passholder one. So I snagged it on Disney Store last week. It is no longer available since that was only through Sat 5/13. ;)

stitchsMom

Original Poster
The Disney Store online offered the exact Passholder Wishes Farewell shirt for a limited run for orders all last week. I ordered mine from there it is the same one that was sold at the park. I had even went to MK to see Wishes one last time but only saw the regular version of the shirt and bought it and missed out on the Passholder one. So I snagged it on Disney Store last week. It is no longer available since that was only through Sat 5/13. ;)
I did see the tshirt... really wanted the ornament... and I couldn't find that on Disney Store :/

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I did see the tshirt... really wanted the ornament... and I couldn't find that on Disney Store :/
No Disney Store only offered the shirts for one week nothing else. I do get it only being in the park though keeps it more exclusive. I did not get the ornament so may buy on eBay. Yes more but ah well. Lol ;)

MissM

I was happy I was able to find the AP shirt on Saturday the 6th. I honestly expected it to be long gone. I do hate that they don't limit things better so people don't buy out all the limited editions just to resell on ebay. They should link it to your ticket and that way you can only get up to a certain number.

Last edited:

_ZJ

More often than not, if you wait a few weeks items such as these will still be on eBay--but selling for less than original retail. There are a number of addicts/suckers/etc. that pay crazy prices in the heat of the moment. I can't tell you how many times I wanted a "limited edition" product while in a park, didn't want to pay the exorbitant price, waited a few weeks, and got it for 1/2 price on eBay.

anchorman314

I don't know if limited/exclusive items like an AP t-shirt or ornament are there, but the Shop Disney Parks app is another alternative. I just got back from WDW and couldn't find some pins I was hoping to purchase. I found them in the app, and they're supposedly on their way to me now.

durangojim

If you want to know merchandise frustrations, look up Haunted Mansion Tiki mug. It doesn't get any worse than that. It really made me mad because we got to DL 2 days after it was released. I sucked it up and paid for one on Ebay, but I wanted it bad enough and it's awesome. That's just the way it is with Disney merchandise.

stitchsMom

Original Poster
I was happy I was able to find the AP shirt on Saturday the 6th. I honestly expected it to be long gone. I do hate that they don't limit things better so people don't buy out all the limited editions just to resell on ebay. They should link it to your ticket and that way you can only get up to a certain number.
Yea... I think with all the technology today... doesn't it seem like this would be intuitive? Maybe some day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom