In Room Celebration - WWYD

KrzyKtty

We are purchasing an in-room celebration for our 3yr old daughter this June. We are getting her the Princess Package for her 4th Birthday, but I'm not sure what day to do it on.

The benefit to getting it on arrival day is that we would get her autograph book early, so she would be able to use it for the rest of the trip. We will be getting in around 2, and heading to MK around 5. We could set up the delivery from 6-8 while we are at the park. We would get back to the hotel around 10:30 to 11 p.m. though.

We could also do it on her actual birthday, which is the 4th day of the trip. It would be a nice surprise, but she wouldn't have the presents/candy for half of the trip. We have a spare autograph book she can use though, it is one of my son's leftovers. We will probably get back to the hotel around 10. We are doing ARBH for lunch this day.

We could instead do it on the second MK day. We are thinking of going back to the hotel room mid-afternoon for an hour or so, but if we run short on time, this is something that we will cut out. Otherwise, we will be getting back to the hotel around 10 that day as well. This is the day that we are doing CRT for dinner.

Finally, we are doing water parks and Disney Springs on day 6, so we could do it this day, but that is the very end of our Disney side of the trip. The next two days after this are Uni days.

Technically we could do it day 2 (HS) or day 3 (AK), but I don't see to much of a reason. We are planning on heading back to the resort after Fantasmic, so 10ish. AK day we have a mid-day break, and then get back for the day around 10-11.

What would you do?

belledream

For the sake of having all the 'necessities' for the duration of the trip, I would suggest the first day. That way, she can have all the autographs from the trip captured in one book, and have treats to choose from every morning she wakes up!

But if you think that she won't likely care to meet a lot of characters/get autographs between the first day and her birthday, I'm sure the day of her birthday would be a real treat and she'll be able to use it right away at your lunch that day.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
For the sake of having all the 'necessities' for the duration of the trip, I would suggest the first day. That way, she can have all the autographs from the trip captured in one book, and have treats to choose from every morning she wakes up!

But if you think that she won't likely care to meet a lot of characters/get autographs between the first day and her birthday, I'm sure the day of her birthday would be a real treat and she'll be able to use it right away at your lunch that day.
She is still young enough where the actual day of her birth still is an abstract concept. She is sure that every cake we ever have throughout the year is for her Birthday. But I am sure she is going to want to meet every character she can. She is completely obsessed with Disney princesses. So I would really like her to have her own autograph book to record everything in rather than just using one of her brothers leftovers. Just wasn't sure if it wasn't a good idea for the first day if we don't get back until a little late. Thank for the advice!

Upvote 0

belledream

She is still young enough where the actual day of her birth still is an abstract concept. She is sure that every cake we ever have throughout the year is for her Birthday. But I am sure she is going to want to meet every character she can. She is completely obsessed with Disney princesses. So I would really like her to have her own autograph book to record everything in rather than just using one of her brothers leftovers. Just wasn't sure if it wasn't a good idea for the first day if we don't get back until a little late. Thank for the advice!
Good to know! If you get back late and she's sleeping or something, just have it waiting for her when she wakes up on Day 2. Wouldn't that be nice! :D

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Back to the drawing board I guess. The Disney Floral and Gifts FAQ says the earliest they can do an in room celebration is the day after your arrival since room assignments are not made ahead of time.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Well it seems that they FAQ on the website isn't as up to date?? Just called directly for clarification and she said they could do arrival day delivery as long as it was from 4-6 or 6-8. So guess that is what we will do. :)

Upvote 0

rob0519

Just based on her age, I would go with the first day possible so she could enjoy the presents and use the autograph book. It would be an exciting start to her stay. If the birthday was for an adult, I would go with the actual birthday. We did that for our elder daughter.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I'd do it the day after you arrive. Arrival day is tiring and hectic enough, getting things arranged in the room, going to your first park later in the day, getting acclimated and settled in. Then day 2 after you've rested the first night you will be starting your first full day. Finish that first real Disney day off with the birthday celebration. That gives her the celebration, presents and autograph book as a birthday at Disney to remember.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I realise you didn't ask, but planning to stay out until 10/11 every night of your trip with a 3 year old sounds like a recipe for disaster. Even if it reduces your ability to do everything you want, a tired child will not enjoy things and if they get cranky neither will you.

Pace your trip to the needs of your daughter and you'll all have amazing memories, whether you see everything or not.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I realise you didn't ask, but planning to stay out until 10/11 every night of your trip with a 3 year old sounds like a recipe for disaster. Even if it reduces your ability to do everything you want, a tired child will not enjoy things and if they get cranky neither will you.

Pace your trip to the needs of your daughter and you'll all have amazing memories, whether you see everything or not.
Actually she is quite used to it, so it won't be a problem. We are quite strict with bedtime during the school week and much more lose over the weekend. And that is why many of the days we are also going back to the hotel mid day. And when she wants she will rest in the stroller. We have done this many times with our other child at DIsney and with both of them on vacations. :)

Upvote 0

21stamps

Man, I was hoping to do this for my next trip and have everything ready when we entered the room. But I guess if you end up switching rooms or something at check-in that would be a problem.
You can have it for arrival day.

Well it seems that they FAQ on the website isn't as up to date?? Just called directly for clarification and she said they could do arrival day delivery as long as it was from 4-6 or 6-8. So guess that is what we will do. :)

Great! I was just going to post for you to call. I had planned on doing a Christmas one last year, cheaped out and ended up going to Michaels, hiding in luggage, then put it up while kiddo was sleeping.lol.

I'm sure she'll love it! What a great surprise!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom