Na'vi River Journey reviews, comments and questions

hpyhnt 1000

REVIEW and POV VIDEO - Na'vi River Journey on Pandora - The World of Avatar

Previous discussion has taken place in the AVATAR land - the specifics thread. Now that the land has opened for previews, specific attraction threads are now available.

If I may ask, what was the lasting impression from those who rode? No doubt it's visually beautiful and detailed, but in terms of ride time and the overall experience, did you leave "satisfied" with the ride?

I just think about the first year this is in operation and people waiting an hour or more to ride and if the ride will live up to the wait (in their minds).

twebber55

If I may ask, what was the lasting impression from those who rode? No doubt it's visually beautiful and detailed, but in terms of ride time and the overall experience, did you leave "satisfied" with the ride?

I just think about the first year this is in operation and people waiting an hour or more to ride and if the ride will live up to the wait (in their minds).
people will compare it to FOP and that is not good

djkidkaz

I think this is a good addition for families with little ones. I have an almost 3 year old and Animal Kingdom offers very little in terms of actual rides for him. There are a lot of shows but a young child is going to have attention span issues which also tends to be an issue on the longer Kilimanjaro Safari. So other than Triceratop Spin and Bugs Life we tend to struggle for things to do so this will be a nice addition.

PuertoRekinSam

I just feel like it could use some narration like the land bot ride. I don't know what these creatures are, how do they play into the environmental fable of pandora? I honesty didn't realize the spinning thing was a "fan lizard" and not a weird plant until I watched a very detailed video of the flight queue which showed a drawing of one.
... now I know "iasw" doesn't have narriation, nor did the pre sparrow version of "potc" so it's not out of the norm. Just I personally think it take the ride from a low b to a solid c in my book.

tsaintc

i think NRJ is better than i originally thought
great use of projections (especially the bugs crawling)
its really all about expectations, i went in with low expectations and enjoyed it

Completely agree.. Sort of knew what to expect since I read a number of reviews and watched some videos. The ride is very good... The Navi animatronic is unlike anything I have ever seen. Theming is outstanding.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It looks beautiful and well done. As does the rest of Pandora, but consider that this is without the unwashed masses of regular visitors. I think the charm and beauty of what was created will quickly be lost in when your surrounded by ECVs and the rest... Also, you figured all the creative genius behind Pandora and all you get is a Soarin clone and a 5 minute boat ride. With all the "action" in the Avatar movies, you figured some of it would have translated into theme park attractions.

twebber55

I just feel like it could use some narration like the land bot ride. I don't know what these creatures are, how do they play into the environmental fable of pandora? I honesty didn't realize the spinning thing was a "fan lizard" and not a weird plant until I watched a very detailed video of the flight queue which showed a drawing of one.
... now I know "iasw" doesn't have narriation, nor did the pre sparrow version of "potc" so it's not out of the norm. Just I personally think it take the ride from a low b to a solid c in my book.
i actually mentioned this in an earlier thread
Sigourney Weaver narrating what we are seeing would ve been better IMO

tsaintc

It looks beautiful and well done. As does the rest of Pandora, but consider that this is without the unwashed masses of regular visitors. I think the charm and beauty of what was created will quickly be lost in when your surrounded by ECVs and the rest... Also, you figured all the creative genius behind Pandora and all you get is a Soarin clone and a 5 minute boat ride. With all the "action" in the Avatar movies, you figured some of it would have translated into theme park attractions.

I can think of many ways to describe FoP, but Soarin clone is not one of them. Although the video technology may be same, that where the comparison ends in my opinion...

startraveler

Still looking for information about any accommodations for people who cannot step down into the boat, Anyone aware of whether or not this ride has any accommodations for transfer from wheelchairs?

Seabasealpha1

Two things...

1. The projection screen cop-out thing that Disney is stuck on lately isn't fooling me. Build some animatronic figures...and quit being cheap.

2. The audio of the Shaman is badly balanced with the rest of the ride. It's kinda blaring... (or maybe it's just the camera).

It's all quite beautiful for what its worth...and I look forward to seeing it...but the above is what sticks out in my mind.

tsaintc

Still looking for information about any accommodations for people who cannot step down into the boat, Anyone aware of whether or not this ride has any accommodations for transfer from wheelchairs?

The boats are very much like any other Disney boat configuration. I would say they are most comparable to Living with the Land.

As for guests who would need to transfer, I would expect the same accommodations that are offered throughout WDW. The loading area is rather spacious and would seem to be able to handle most scenarios.

Kman101

That's fine. You said what it was never meant to be. I said what it was meant to be. Kevin Yees review is quite a good read.

I read it and disagree with it, not all of it, but some of it. I appreciate what it could have been, I'd of course would have loved it. But they took a movie no one really cared about and made an incredible land. It'd be nice to see them get some credit for once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom