sports bar on castaway cay?

patch553

Original Poster
hi there, bit of a late one but does anyone know if theres anywhere on castaway cay to catch live sports?

pilka214

While I can't give you a 100%, I'm pretty sure there isn't.

If there's a sporting event you're hoping to catch you'll probably be bound to the sports bar or your state room.

Have a great cruise!

rob0519

I have to ask. What sporting event could possibly be so important to have spent several thousands of dollars on a DCL cruise, go to an exclusive private island and make you want to watch tv?

pilka214

I have to ask. What sporting event could possibly be so important to have spent several thousands of dollars on a DCL cruise, go to an exclusive private island and make you want to watch tv?

After working on a less worthy cruise line than Disney, we made a pretty reasonable deal out of various large sporting events because they were HUGE bar revenue makers. Obviously not every game, but the big ones, we'd move our event schedules around to accommodate this, because as sad as it is, revenue comes first on ships.

rob0519

After working on a less worthy cruise line than Disney, we made a pretty reasonable deal out of various large sporting events because they were HUGE bar revenue makers. Obviously not every game, but the big ones, we'd move our event schedules around to accommodate this, because as sad as it is, revenue comes first on ships.

I can see that on say Carnival or NCL where drinking is the major past time on the ships. I don't see Castaway Cay as capable of making a HUGE bar revenue based on the limited amount of time on the island and the overwhelming number of families involved as opposed to a mostly childless crowd. Particularly with the Magic and Wonder that have approximately half the number of passengers as the bigger ships.

Phonedave

I can see that on say Carnival or NCL where drinking is the major past time on the ships. I don't see Castaway Cay as capable of making a HUGE bar revenue based on the limited amount of time on the island and the overwhelming number of families involved as opposed to a mostly childless crowd. Particularly with the Magic and Wonder that have approximately half the number of passengers as the bigger ships.

That logic makes no sense. If drinking was already the major pastime, then why would you need an event to bring people into the lounges to drink more - it's already their pasttime.

The fact is, there are people who love sports. Sports are their chosen form of entertainment. Many of these people also have families. It's not that big of a stretch to understand that some people my do things such as go on a Disney Cruise, or a trip to WDW, or a overnight to Great Wolf Lodge, even though it is something they may not enjoy - because their family enjoys it. Putting a popular sporting event on keeps some people happy, and it also brings people into the bar.

-dave

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There are bars on board that cater to the sports-minded. If the family wants the beach but Dad wants to watch a game, they can do so.

Just not together... ;)

patch553

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replays but I was mearly looking for a way to entertain myself when my wife is enjoying a massage treatment!

EOD K9

Thanks for all the replays but I was mearly looking for a way to entertain myself when my wife is enjoying a massage treatment!
You can still hang out at the bar, rent a bike, snorkel, there is lots to do. Conversely, if the massage will be a while, you can stay aboard and join her afterwards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom