Trip Report A Royal Affair: Oli's First Visit

THE SETUP
Hi folks!

This is my first trip report - although I'm no @Tuvalu , I'm hoping to make this report magical and memorable.

The trip starts officially on May 19th, and ends on May 26th.
So why so early you ask? I'm planning on updating this report throughout the week with LIVE updates, before doing a full fledge report once I return.

During the next few days and weeks, this report will be populated with all the information you're looking for - and so much more.

TO STAY INFORMED
To follow the trip as it unfolds - give me a follow on Instagram: @mlarocque87
To see all the trip pictures [once the trip is finished]: https://flic.kr/s/aHskQ21E2u
To get all the planning details - check out my pre-trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/4th-birthday-at-wdw-why-not.924844/

dmatt87

Original Poster
PROLOGUE
THE WHO
Matt (me) – 29 years old and huge Disney fan (and obsessive planner:oops:). Wish I could visit WDW multiple times a year!
Emilie (DW) – 27 years old and love being immersed in magical worlds. She also delegated all trip planning to me.
Oli (DS) – 4 years old [on May 16th]. Loves the Disney magic and is crazy about Frozen and Moana. It's his first, but not last, Disney trip!

34533405221_78d6154712.jpg

In case you hadn't guessed, we are Canadians :p

THE WHY
To celebrate Oli's 4th birthday, and as an early 30th birthday vacation trip for me. My b-day is late July ;).

THE WHEN
May 20 to 26 - although the trip starts on May 19 :D

THE WHERE
Port Orleans Riverside
We are booked in the Royal Rooms - but Emilie and Oli think we are staying in the Alligator Bayou :jawdrop:
POR-RoyalRoom-Preview_small.jpg

kaitertot5249

A Royal Room is such a great surprise! You are gong to have an amazing trip. Call me crazy, but even though it's still quite far down the road for me I'm already excited to bring my future children to Disney for the first time and experience the magic in a new way. I hope that you all have a fantastic trip, I can't wait to read all about it!

dmatt87

Original Poster
A Royal Room is such a great surprise! You are gong to have an amazing trip. Call me crazy, but even though it's still quite far down the road for me I'm already excited to bring my future children to Disney for the first time and experience the magic in a new way. I hope that you all have a fantastic trip, I can't wait to read all about it!
Thanks! One of the moment I can't wait to live is when Oli will actually see the Magic Kingdom and Cinderella's castle - the joy of seeing his little blue eyes light up will be worth the price of the trip.

I think this is what Disney is all about - magical family fun that can be passed down from generation to generation.

I will try to keep updating here during the trip - but Instagram will be the best way to live the trip as is happens!

gdisneyfans

Thanks! One of the moment I can't wait to live is when Oli will actually see the Magic Kingdom and Cinderella's castle - the joy of seeing his little blue eyes light up will be worth the price of the trip.

I think this is what Disney is all about - magical family fun that can be passed down from generation to generation.

I will try to keep updating here during the trip - but Instagram will be the best way to live the trip as is happens!
Have a wonderful trip!!! We took our daughter for the first time when she was almost 4 as well. Agree, the looks on their faces and the memories we, as parents have of their first trip are definitely worth every penny! She's 14, almost 15 now, and we still watch the video of her first trip and we all light up and giggle with joy each time we watch it:happy:

Can't wait to read all about your trip and will keep an eye out for the live reports!

dmatt87

Original Poster
Can't wait to read all about your trip and will keep an eye out for the live reports!

Following!! So looking forward to some live reporting!! We will be there right after you leave. I appreciate all your insight. Thanks!!

Live from Channel WDW - Matt is on the scene to report on all the magic! :p

dmatt87

Original Poster
Hey Matt
I am currently in Japan on business but that will not stop me from following along
I am now 13 hours ahead of you so my timing with posts will be a little weird
Have a great trip buddy

Max
You're in the future - that is so cool! Maybe you could write my trip report :p

Great pic of the parliament buildings
Are you in Ottawa for that one or across the river in Gatineau?

Max
I'm in Ottawa for that picture, right in Major Hill Park. It's a great spot to see both sides of the river!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom