Trip Report Disneyland Paris : A weekend full of upgrades!

Hello everybody!

I just got back from a weekend full of Disneyland Paris magic. Apologies for posting this DLRP Trip here but the Disneyland Paris section on this forum is kinda... slow. As the majority of you famous Trip reporters are frequent WDW visitors, an insight of another Disney Theme park is sometimes also refreshing ( I know how much I like reading all your TR's).

So, who/what/when/why/etc...

My name is Laurence, 27 yo, a senior auditor at EY Brussels who basically refuses to grow up.. Kind of a problem when auditing Banks and Insurance companies:D. I'm an annual passholder at Disneyland Paris and luckily only need to drive a short 3 hours to Disneyland Paris:inlove: ( THANK GOD)!

What? I'm going to state the obvious but.. YES WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND PARIS!! I've been counting down ever since I was there on the 30th of December. Dreading the days in between, we finally decided to go during the weekend of 4-5 February ( instead of the 21-22 January).

Who? Let me introduce the party of five that joined me on this trip. First person I should mention is my father who bankrolled this trip and got soo much done during those 2 days that he is semi-responsible for creating this magical weekend. Other people joining me were : Kristel ( girlfriend of my father); Alix ( my sister); Gaëtan ( my little brother) and Jef ( my sister's boyfriend).

Why? Just because we wanted to go and explore some magic with the Family ( and because secretly my birthday is coming up on the 15th of February).

NOW : Enough with the introductions and long long sentences.. We are off to Disneyland Paris !:inlove::inlove:
DSC01736.JPG

** Picture taken from a solo trip I did back in September.

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
@Laurenciaa ,

Enjoying your report! Maybe someday I'll make it to Disneyland Paris.

Regarding the reburb to make Paris Pirates more like WDW's, from what I understand about the excellent version there - it should be the other way around!

Looking forward to more!

Yeah I also really liked the version in Paris. I've seen countless of video's of the version in WDW and it just doesn't have the same appeal to me. Shame that they desperately want to integrate more of the movies in an attraction that essentially can stand on its own with its own story to tell. No need to add Jack in this attraction ;)

FlaggNL

Hej, a DLP TR! Great! Absolutely following along :) You stay in DL hotel... wow... way to expensive for me :) Seems the trip was great! Thanks for sharing it here!!

amjt660

Premium Member
We left our two Frozen movie stars behind and walked over to the Disney Studios Park. Like every year we only do one or two attractions in the Studios on the first day. This time it was only one ( due to the drizzling rain) but it was THE attraction that none of my family did before. Ratatouille !! Oh when I think about the movie, the music, Little Chef.. ahhhhh Such a superb movie !

We, yet again, showed our Fastpasses and off we were. Now I think Ratatouille is a unique attraction as I haven't seen it pop up in none of your TR's. It's a attraction with 3D-glasses. Lol I wanna say soo much more about it but I fear that if someone ever comes to DLP, I would have ruined the imagination if it. BUT ! Everybody was pleasantly surprised in how pretty the attraction was and how well it was done (voilà thats all you get as a cliffhanger :joyfull::joyfull:)
View attachment 188727
The theming in this area is soo well done. You really are transported back to the movie and the streets of Paris ( including the little chef's in the sewerages :p)
We did not eat in the Bistro but my father made a point of it that we should do that the next time! Table service restaurant during the day? I don't mind attt alll!
View attachment 188728
I have heard so many great things about the Ratatouille ride. I too loved the movie and unfortunately the ride did not exist during my only visit in 2011.
Based on your glowing review I will have to convince the family to go back someday soon

Max

mlegerto

Laurenciaa, thank you so much for the TR! I am so excited to learn more about DLP.

Dear hubby is taking me to DLP (first time EVER) for my milestone birthday this summer. We are devoted WDW fans and visitors, so this will be the first time we visit DLP and I had no idea what to expected. I am so excited to follow your trip. Don't be surprised if I have a TON of questions for you HAHA.

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
Well, I am back but a little later than I expected to be... Two hectic weeks later BUT the busy season is approaching the end... One more month to go !

Just checking where we were... Ah yes small stop at the hotel for our "high tea moment". After my small obsession of the view from the park/castle from the CC lounge, we decided to head back to the park. We've just gotten word that the friendly manager from the hotel, Jean-Louis, fixed us a reservation at "Inventions" at 20h30. HOURRAAAY ! Already looking forward to the buffet. My father wanted to eat at the "California Grill" but unfortunately the close during the low crow season. I peeked into the restaurant and saw no tables standing in the room.. jussstt checking:cry::cry:.

Back to Disneyland Park!
IMG_2699.JPG
IMG_0371.JPG
IMG_0376.JPG

Hello Us again ! We we're off to Frontierland..I really wanted to ride the BTM again ( like maybe 2,3 times if possible). The others favored a mix between BTM and Indiana.. So off we went!

FKGT2169.JPG

FNFY2453.JPG

The picture does not do the scenery justice butt If you ever get the chance to explore the BTM at night.. PLEASE DO !
IMG_2703.JPG

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
After our small trip to Frontierland we decided to go back to the hotel as it was approaching 19h30 and... I realised my hair exploded and it needed some well needed TLC. Now, I've already noticed this the last couple of times but the available sockets for curling irons/personal hair dryers... is a bit lacking. So I went off to the other room to steal some electricity there ! We had reservations for 20h30 but we decided to first have a good drink before we went on to have dinner... The obvious... CHAMPAGNE!
IMG_2710.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

You can clearly see that I was located juuussttt nearby the ( champie) source :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
I am soo sorry.. Audit busy season literally killed my mood to even be on this forum BUT ! I have two days off the coming week soo... that means a quick trip to Disneyland Paris:inlove::inlove: ( Tuesday) and an update on the festivities on this TR ( Tuesday/Wednesday!)... Sorry Folks! Photos are on the computer jussssstt need to add them ;)

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
So, if you have the fastpass card, you don't have to deal with the paper ones? You just flash your card? Does everyone in your party get their own card?

The Fastpass card is personal. The whole party had one. I think I had my name on it, the dates on which we were present ( here two days). Since we do not (yet) have something that comes near the Magic Band, we are bound to use paper fastpasses ( regular ones retracted from the Fastpass Machines nearby the Attractions or the VIP fastpasses given at the hotel when we checked in at the Castle Club)

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
SOOOOOO! I am back this morning to do some late late late trip reporting. I will also insert maybe some pictures that I took yesterday to give you an update ( visual off course) of how the Park looks like it today!

Small Recap:
Soo last picture was me with the Cafe Fantasia in the back. Moving on, it was time to go and have a little bite to eat at the "Inventions". The Inventions is the buffet-style restaurant of the Hotel. The Californian Grill was, no surprise here, close during the low season.

This always irritates my father as he prefers dining in a more quiet section where he can order from the menu...o_O. Call him posh but I have to say that after hearing 6 times "Happy Birthday" in our dining section I already knew the Birthday Protocol by heart and all the kids that were (still) around me. Any wayyyyy will stop ranting about this and maybe see if I have some pictures of the evening. I don't think I have any food pictures as I/we were starving after a day in the Parks.
IMG_2714.JPG
IMG_2740.JPG
IMG_2742.JPG

I managed to snag a picture of the breadbasket and afterwards the hungry wolves attacked it. Hello Mickey! Thank you for coming by and greeting us ! As the buffet style allows you to taste a bit of everything... well..; we did just that. And I am not good in following the right order of the courses which made me ended up eating sour, sweets, meat, fish and pasta all together.:cautious::cautious:.

So after probably dining for two hours, greeting mickey and the gang multiple times due to our lengthy rituals of long dining, we all surrendered and headed to our beds to call it a night. Yet again I need to mention that the frustration of the lack of Electricity sockets pops back up.. Ouupss. Well putting 3 young adults in one room with only one socket is a guarantee for "discussion". I, as usual, had to wait until the next morning...:angelic::angelic:

Coming up : Breakfast at the Castle Club Lounge and another day at Disneyland Paris!

Last edited:

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
Day 2, Disneyland Hotel

So after a solid "je ne sais plus" how many hours of sleep, I woke up a little after my sister and her boyfriend. They, together with my brother and Kristel, decided to go to the DHS early and try to catch a ride on the "Crush coaster" before the huge crowds that would arrive in the morning. Fine by me as I really, really, REALLY hate the Crush coaster. I rode it once a couple of years ago and I really turned green once I was out of the attraction. Hence my loathing for it :depressed::depressed:. But my Dad also didn't want to get up early so we, not so secretly, decided to take an extra long breakfast moment ( yeah yeah we like eating and sitting at the table :p ).

Hello myself being greeted by Mickey in the morning!
IMG_2748.JPG

The absolutely good thing about being in the Castle Club is the quiet and peace time you get in the morning. As I really adore little princesses and mini Darth Vaders, they can be even more hyper than me in the morning. So thank you Daddy for the upgrade and hello mickey for being yet again adoorraableeee! But where is your partner in crime?

THERE SHE IS !
IMG_2746.JPG
IMG_2747.JPG

By the time I was done hugging Minnie and being all giggly and stuff we saw 4 people approaching, drenched. turns out while Dad and I were getting ready and starting our breakfast, it started pouring outside. The party of four was trapped in a typical European rain. And on top of that, they didn't even manage to get on the Crush as it already indicated 100 minutes stand by time!! How the heck is that possible? Turns out, and I was not aware of that, that people can already enter the Park and form a line before the attraction until the park officially opens at 10.

So these four little ducks needed a substantial amount of good food ( and Bacon, yesss bacon), to pucker up their moods

Good thing Mickey and the Gang passed along a couple of times to help a little hand with operation " soaking ducks"

IMG_2753.JPG
IMG_2756.JPG
IMG_2758.JPG

No idea why I photographed an empty chair.. Probably wanted to photograph the poached egg at t he bottom of the picture:hungry::hungry:.

I also received a nice little picture from my sister who took a picture from the outside right before.. getting outside in the rain...
IMG_2760.JPG

The Tiles were tooooo shiny.. BUT the flowers got enough energy for the day !

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom