Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

Curious Constance

upload_2017-5-8_15-42-35.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Anyone know if they are going to drain the southern part of the river first and then refill it? Its nice to see the water from the new area so nice and clean because the southern section looked terrible last weekend. there was so much junk floating around it was pretty disgusting. the same can be said for some of the other water ways.

I never understood why Disney doesn't clean the park waters more frequently. It's not like it can't be done.

Besides the floating junk, which should be skimmed, the waters are kept murky to hide all the pipes and tracks in the water. But I'm sure everyone already knows that.

Ismael Flores

one thing i noticed in the concept art for the river changes is that the raft to tom sawyers Island are crossing the river on the North west side of the river. It shows them crossing from the banks near what will be the new entrance path to Star Wars land.
looking at construction pictures that bank near the river is actually there and no growth is being added. Does anyone know if they are considering moving the rafts to that side of the rivers edge? It would actually clear up the area in the front side of the river. It could also serve as a loading area for the Princess rafts that they use during fantasmic. Before they used to have a small cut away hidden within the tree line for that if i remember correctly.

I would have preferred they did this to begin with but instead found a way of moving them to the frontierland side of the river but since the canoes are in critter country the rafts could also be moved as a critter country attraction. Of course it could just have been drawn like that for artistic reasons on the concept art.

Now if only they would remove the smoking area from that section

TP2000

Original Poster
Our favorite lady blogger was at the park on Tuesday and has the latest for us...

The water levels are nearly normalized between the northern and southern half, but the damn dams are still in place.

And at the 2:00 mark we get a new look at that modern art installation, which is looking more and more like a "fallen tree".

At the 6:00 mark there's some interesting views of the new riverbanks. Very unique looking! It seems far more visually interesting than the basic Shotcrete N' Shrubbery look those riverbanks have had since the 1960's.
o3suwp-b88660978z.120160309172904000glqfa00m.10.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom