Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Texas84

Did you ever get you pins?

Hopefully they'll be waiting for you when you get back from the Light Side this weekend.

I did! Got the bonus 2017 pin with it.

I want to do the W&D but can't register right now. Too close to Christmas and Light Side (on a plane to Orange County right now). Hopefully it won't sell out so soon this year.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I did! Got the bonus 2017 pin with it.

I want to do the W&D but can't register right now. Too close to Christmas and Light Side (on a plane to Orange County right now). Hopefully it won't sell out so soon this year.

OMG, you're flying into John Wayne?! I'm a nervous flyer and that rocket takeoff gave me the willies (thanks noise abatement). But I'll never ever fly into LAX again...and I'm from LA!

Good luck! Have a great trip. Hope the weather cooperates.

surfsupdon

Wine and Dine opened today, and everything was still open. No more hovering at 12noon. Nice that the events aren't selling out in 10mins

Also, the race weekend costs more than others.

thumper

I'm in for the challenge this time around (running again with the charity I work for, Sparrow's Nest). I think I'm more excited about running the 10K than past the sewage treatment plant in the Half! :( Oh...and the Dole Whip spiked with Bacardi at the after party...I can get excited about that!:D:D

Texas84

So, yeah, I signed up for the 10K only. My sister and her husband want to do it then party. Since we don't get the party ticket we'll hit Disney Springs. It's going to be strange skipping the half.

thumper

Looks like the Half and 10K (individually) are sold out as well, but Lumiere 2 course Challenge is still open. I knew the half was sold out last week, as our charity (Sparrow's Nest) started receiving calls for bibs and prices! Definitely took longer to sell out this time around, but hopefully they'll open it up again to those that want to join.

LAKid53

Premium Member
There is no DVC availability for the weekend. None. This can't be right. Even OKW and SS?

That's strange. It's not the last weekend of F&W - which is a 3 day holiday weekend, thanks to Veteran's Day falling on a Saturday. Has the race weekend gotten that popular?

Surprisingly, the Two Course Challenge is still open.

dreamfinder

But, but, I keep hearing that everyone is losing interest in runDisney and the festivals. ;)

Plenty of mid week bookings available. And I think you might have been able to piece together a split stay if you were crazy. How much do you want to use your DVC????

And judging by my tracker, yeah runDisney is def slowing down.

LAKid53

Premium Member
It was an absolute mad house for the SW Dark Side. Picking up your race bib was no problem...the merchandise expo was insane! Long lines everywhere. You stood in a line, only to wait again for a CM to let you into the official merchandise area. And then lines for cash registers. I was told to go over to the merchandise expo to pick up my shirts for the challenge. But I was told incorrectly. I wasn't the first runner to be given the wrong info and one of the supervisors was able to get me my shirts without me having to go back to the other building.

Leave Junior behind.

ETA: if you need running gear, because you forgot your compression sleeves or socks or need some energy gels, instead of navigating the madness that is the expo, go to the Fit2Run store in Disney Springs - it's over by Splitsville. I forgot my gel packs and needed another pair of sleeves, so I headed over there the evening before the expo opened. Also picked up another running tank top, since it was going to be warmer than last year's races. Wasn't too crowded.

Last edited:

Mark P.

ETA: if you need running gear, because you forgot your compression sleeves or socks or need some energy gels, instead of navigating the madness that is the expo, go to the Fit2Run store in Disney Springs - it's over by Splitsville. I forgot my gel packs and needed another pair of sleeves, so I headed over there the evening before the expo opened. Also picked up another running tank top, since it was going to be warmer than last year's races. Wasn't too crowded.
Not to mention, at least last year, Fit2Run had the current year New Balance runDisney shoes in stock well in advance of race weekend (and so I would assume during, as well), so no need to stand in those lines or deal with the virtual queue, either.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Not to mention, at least last year, Fit2Run had the current year New Balance runDisney shoes in stock well in advance of race weekend (and so I would assume during, as well), so no need to stand in those lines or deal with the virtual queue, either.

Good point. They had them last month when I popped over during the SW Dark Side weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom