News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Jones14

It's always unfortunate to see these bloggers burn themselves out. At least she didn't do it to the point of cynicism and disdain for the product, another particular one comes to mind.

It always seems like a good idea, but seriously weekly visits to the DLR with a workload is never going to end anywhere but burnout. I personally think visiting a park with any regularity quickly starts to take away some of the treat of it.

It's probably why WDW has such a good grasp on the market. If it's your annual retreat it's harder to notice the flaws unless they become super prolonged... in the way WDW has managed to do in the past decade. If WDW had the true locals market like DLR, I think the changes would have been more forthcoming.
WDW also has the benefit of having four parks to walk around in. It's easy to go to WDW once a week and not get bored because you're still only hitting each park once a month if you do.

D

Deleted member 107043

WDW also has the benefit of having four parks to walk around in. It's easy to go to WDW once a week and not get bored because you're still only hitting each park once a month if you do.

So true, and something I'd never considered. I'm too lazy to look but how do annual pass prices differ between the two resorts?

Jones14

So true, and something I'd never considered. I'm too lazy to look but how do annual pass prices differ between the two resorts?
It is MUCH more affordable to be a WDW AP. The most expensive pass is $769, and that gets you into the theme parks, water parks, Wide World of Sports, the golf course, free parking, 20% off all merchandise and 45 restaurants (10% off some others), and Photopass downloads (and no blockout dates, which also applies to the pass below it). Also, every annual pass that includes the theme parks gets you free parking and the merch/food discounts, and the cheapest one (besides the Epcot only pass) is only $269.

When the boyfriend and I started to look into a Disneyland trip, we almost fell out of our chairs looking at the price difference.

Curious Constance

It is MUCH more affordable to be a WDW AP. The most expensive pass is $769, and that gets you into the theme parks, water parks, Wide World of Sports, the golf course, free parking, 20% off all merchandise and 45 restaurants (10% off some others), and Photopass downloads (and no blockout dates, which also applies to the pass below it). Also, every annual pass that includes the theme parks gets you free parking and the merch/food discounts, and the cheapest one (besides the Epcot only pass) is only $269.

When the boyfriend and I started to look into a Disneyland trip, we almost fell out of our chairs looking at the price difference.

I live in Oregon and could probably go to WDW for less than what it costs us to go to DL. If we got free dining, it's no contest.

truecoat

Or simply... "we have something on you, if you promise to shape up, sign this agreement binding you to not do it and not discuss it, we will not pursue this further". If you want to stop something, but not make a scene.. people do these things discretely.

Like I said before.. I doubt this is what happened in MC's case. He probably just had to step outside the bubble for awhile.

You don't have to doubt that if you have the right hat.

tin foil ears.jpg

dweezil78

Not sure if those are FL resident rates -- but to get the pass with the extra stuff (water parks, sports, etc), it'll currently run you $869. The parks only pass is $779. Not a huge difference, but still a little bit more than what was posted -- and obviously significantly more value than you get with the DL signature plus for $1,049 (it hurt just to type that!!!)

Jones14

Not sure if those are FL resident rates -- but to get the pass with the extra stuff (water parks, sports, etc), it'll currently run you $869. The parks only pass is $779. Not a huge difference, but still a little bit more than what was posted -- and obviously significantly more value than you get with the DL signature plus for $1,049 (it hurt just to type that!!!)
Oh! I'm a FL resident, so I might have been logged in without realizing. Even so, I agree with you about how much more valuable an AP here is.

Old Mouseketeer

No, I'm referring to these beams that aren't apart of the show building.
View attachment 204108

If you back up to 11:38, I think it suggests that it is the west wall of the Falcon building. But you're missing the real takeaway of that image--they have paved the service road between SWL and the parade float building. This is the road that runs from the east side of DL Drive, eastward behind SWL, TT, iasw, and ending at the RR/Monorail roundhouse. It's even striped with a pedestrian lane. WOO-HOO! Don't know how soon it will open, but this is really cool.

EDIT: Actually, I think it's clearer at 12:28.

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

It look like there is a construction fence up though restricting access to the newly paved road.

I believe that is the same construction fence that has been there from the beginning (give or take 10 or 20 feet). The big news is that they closed this road at the beginning of demolition and it has impaired traffic in the northern backstage area for 18 months. Hopefully they will reopen it soon. I have heard many complaints from CMs in DL park about how difficult this has been.

SuddenStorm

I was at the parks for the first time since July last week, and I gotta say, it's insane to see all this stuff in person. They had just refilled the river- and the rock work looks incredible.

Still iffy on the new paint job on the island, but I think a few years from now when it looks a bit more worn it should look a lot better.

It's amazing to see how tall the show building is in ratio to the rest of the park though- it'll be neat to see how they make it look natural with the rest of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom