What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yep. I'm in a heavily wooded golf community. I've seen foxes, rabbits and deer in the mornings. One morning an armadillo dashed out of the woods right in front of me, nails clacking on the road. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. We also have bears but they stay near the river about 30 miles away from my neighborhood.

We have bears around town, but fortunately not on my side, even though it's heavily wooded and there's a large pond (actually, it's an arm of the nearby lake that's infested with gators) in the center.

I've seen foxes rummaging around in neighbors' open garages when I used to go out before sunrise. Along with the occasional LIVE armadillo and possum (only Southerners will get the LIVE reference). The best was the coyote casually strolling down my street one morning when I went to get the paper. And the owl that roosts in a tree around my property. A HUGE owl..... That made me jump!

Speaking of armadillos, one poor little fellow decided to try and cross that back road leading to the garbage dump during the Dark Side half. Don't know who was more frightened - it or the several ladies who :eek: a couple of times. One guy ran over and shooed it back into the woods.

Texas84

We have bears around town, but fortunately not on my side, even though it's heavily wooded and there's a large pond (actually, it's an arm of the nearby lake that's infested with gators) in the center.

I've seen foxes rummaging around in neighbors' open garages when I used to go out before sunrise. Along with the occasional LIVE armadillo and possum (only Southerners will get the LIVE reference). The best was the coyote casually strolling down my street one morning when I went to get the paper. And the owl that roosts in a tree around my property. A HUGE owl..... That made me jump!

Speaking of armadillos, one poor little fellow decided to try and cross that back road leading to the garbage dump during the Dark Side half. Don't know who was more frightened - it or the several ladies who :eek: a couple of times. One guy ran over and shooed it back into the woods.

One more story and back to work. :) Might have posted this here, but one dark morning I run towards a brick mailbox and think, never noticed that bird statue on the mailbox. Then as I approach it looks at me and flies away! A HUGE owl, not a statue. :D

LAKid53

Premium Member
One more story and back to work. :) Might have posted this here, but one dark morning I run towards a brick mailbox and think, never noticed that bird statue on the mailbox. Then as I approach it looks at me and flies away! A HUGE owl, not a statue. :D

I've got a hawk in my neighborhood that likes to sit on a branch of the live oak at the end of my driveway...and stare at me as I'm getting the mail or paper...the predator looking at prey kinda stare....

Texas84

Points series 5K this morning. Beat last year's time in this race by one whole second. :)

Finished just as the thunder and lightning rolled in. Walkers were still on the course but plenty of first responders to help if needed. Nothing on the local news so guess everyone is OK. Disney would have cancelled this one. Not being snarky, it was dangerous.

JillC LI

Great running weekend. Woke up before the rest of the family on Saturday so jumped on the TM for 3.5 miles since it was torrentially raining out. Lovely weather for Mother's Day morning so I did another 6 miles outside while the hubby and kids joined me on their bikes. Always a treat to have their company.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.45 today, didn't have enough time for a warmup, so spent the time working on form. Forefoot strikes for a solid 2 miles was good, used to get slopped about 1 mile in.

I just watched a New Balance video on YouTube about proper form. All this time, it's been drummed into my head, "heel to toe". Man, I've been doing it wrong. So last night, I consciously thought "posture, forefoot, cadence, lean." Made a difference.

dreamfinder

2.6@2i, 1@8, 1.6@7:30. My calves are a bit stiff from yesterday, so just shook em out.

I just watched a New Balance video on YouTube about proper form. All this time, it's been drummed into my head, "heel to toe". Man, I've been doing it wrong. So last night, I consciously thought "posture, forefoot, cadence, lean." Made a difference.

Yeah, that was one of the things that alot of the minimalist footwear advocates were pushing. The thought being that the excess of padding in the heels of modern running shoes (along with a large heel-toe drop) was adding to runners getting "lazy" and moving away from good/proper running form. Debate is still out if that is the case as studies seem to go both ways, and now we have companies like Hoka that take the cushioning to the max.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Also tried one of these for running in the dark. Probably freaking out the early risers. https://www.noxgear.com/tracer360

Fantastic idea. Wish this was mandatory for all pedestrians where I live! I mostly take the bus to and from work but I will occasionally drive my car in the winter and it is already quite dark at the end of the workday; I am always amazed at how many pedestrians do nothing to make themselves more visible (unbelievable how many people wear a black or very dark winter coat - so much so that a visiting child asked if it was a requirement to wear a black coat here!).

I'm just curious though - is the flashing light distracting as you run or do you get used to it?

LAKid53

Premium Member
T-3, W-3, Th-3. Fast this week for some unknown reason. It was 71 this morning!

Also tried one of these for running in the dark. Probably freaking out the early risers.
https://www.noxgear.com/tracer360

Back to WDW Saturday!

I'm sitting at the bus stop at Poly waiting for the bus to AK. I'm excited, so excited I decided to stay an extra day to see the new MK fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom