Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5
This morning we got up around 7:15 before George and we briefly thought maybe they were gone (spoiler alert, they weren't)
We headed down to the Territory Lounge and grabbed our usual breakfast before heading out
DSC_2745_1.jpg

DSC_2746_1.jpg

Soon enough we were at our final destination!
DSC_2749_1.jpg

DSC_2750_1.jpg

HS has by far the slowest bag check of the entire week...but it really depended on who was checking the bags because the lines to either side of us moved much quicker :)
My Mom and I actually missed rope drop when we were in the bathroom...ooops!
We headed over to Aerosmith but the line was too long for our liking so we decided to get T of T over with :p
DSC_2753_1.jpg

DSC_2754_1.jpg
DSC_2755_1.jpg
DSC_2756_1.jpg
DSC_2757_1.jpg
DSC_2758_1.jpg

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
I was actually super nervous because we were seated in the front, but overall it wasn't too bad :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7996647195.jpeg

We stopped for some photopass pictures after this :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7996695704.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7996695710.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7996695711.jpeg

We decided to head over to GMR after this
DSC_2767_1.jpg
DSC_2770_1.jpg

DSC_2774_1.jpg
DSC_2779_1.jpg

DSC_2783_1.jpg
DSC_2794_1.jpg

As you all probably know by now since I constantly say it...I really dislike the GMR. I just feel like its super lame :) Anyway, the woman next to me LOVED the ride!!! She was blown away every time we went to a new scene :rolleyes::rolleyes: Meanwhile I legitimately asked my Mom if the ride is always this slow :p:p

Next up: More HS

LeighM

We've only been to Chefs one time and that was 5 years ago. I had the macaroni and it was actually really good when I was there. I'm a total pig and can eat everything on my plate no matter how big the serving is. It's almost embarassing. I ate a good portion of the bread, all of the lobster bisque, every noodle of the macaroni AND all of my chocolate dessert. My husband had the same thing you did but it was made with egg noodles back then I think. He was a very picky eater so I've been wanting to go back and give them another try but he wasn't very comfortable in the setting. The tables were too close together and was very loud when we were there. Funny story - we were actually seated next to a French couple. I'm horrible at foreign languages and apologized to our French waiter for butchering his language. When he took our order, I saw the judgmental looks coming from the French couple before they went back to speaking....probably making fun of us LOL.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We've only been to Chefs one time and that was 5 years ago. I had the macaroni and it was actually really good when I was there. I'm a total pig and can eat everything on my plate no matter how big the serving is. It's almost embarassing. I ate a good portion of the bread, all of the lobster bisque, every noodle of the macaroni AND all of my chocolate dessert. My husband had the same thing you did but it was made with egg noodles back then I think. He was a very picky eater so I've been wanting to go back and give them another try but he wasn't very comfortable in the setting. The tables were too close together and was very loud when we were there. Funny story - we were actually seated next to a French couple. I'm horrible at foreign languages and apologized to our French waiter for butchering his language. When he took our order, I saw the judgmental looks coming from the French couple before they went back to speaking....probably making fun of us LOL.

We were at Chefs in the past with super good macaroni then in the past few years its gone down a bit :( I wish I could eat more! If we ate at like 4:30 I may have been fine but I literally can not eat late...yet I continue to made late ADRs haha. I agree the tables are VERY close together, its a bit uncomfortable. Good for you for even trying French...we were as American as possible and ordering the English way :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
After GMR it was time for our next FP!
DSC_2799_1.jpg

DSC_2802_1.jpg

DSC_2804_1.jpg

I won, but neither of us did that well :)
DSC_2811_1.jpg

After TSM we wandered around a bit and into Olaf's M and G. It was listed as 20 minutes but the line all of a sudden went quickly and suspiciously we were in a very short wait ;)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7996738140.jpeg

After Olaf we had plans to check out the Tune-In Lounge for lunch. We tried to go there last trip but it was too crowded so we planned on getting there around opening time. We have always wanted to eat at Prime Time but we were always afraid of the antics that go along with it so the Tune-In Lounge seemed like a good fit. While waiting for the bar to open my Mom suggested I look at the app just to see if there was a lunch reservation and there was one at 11:10 so we decided to be brave and grab it :joyfull:.
DSC_2818_1.jpg

DSC_2820_1.jpg

DSC_2821_1.jpg

Can't tell you how many times we walked by this place and I never noticed it looks like a house...which obviously makes sense :)
DSC_2822_1.jpg

When we checked in they had our reservation on file even though we just made it a few minutes prior :)
DSC_2825_1.jpg

Next up: 50s Prime Time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
DSC_2826_1.jpg

DSC_2829_1.jpg

We had a very short wait and soon enough we were called to our table :)
DSC_2830_1.jpg
DSC_2831_1.jpg

DSC_2832_1.jpg

Our waiter asked us where we were from and when we said Buffalo he told us he went to college near us :) He was super chill and only yelled at us once for not setting the table. We also did everything in our power not to get yelled at like keeping our elbows off the table and eating all our food :) In general, though, there weren't a ton of crazy antics going on even at the table full of kids next to us :)
We started off with the Beer-battered onion rings
DSC_2833_1.jpg

We for once decided to split for real and ordered Aunt Liz's Golden Fried chicken
DSC_2834_1.jpg

For dessert we both ordered caramel ice cream sundaes. I have no clue why I even ordered dessert since I never do haha
DSC_2835_1.jpg

Overall we really liked 50s Prime Time and we were happy we finally tried it! We will definitely be back :)
After lunch we headed out of HS but had to wait for some Storm Troopers to pass by :)
DSC_2839_1.jpg
DSC_2842_1.jpg

Next up: pool time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7996857881.jpeg

We waited 30 minutes for a bus :( It always seems like the HS bus is so slow to come!
DSC_2846_1.jpg

DSC_2852_1.jpg

DSC_2853_1.jpg

We headed down to the pool after this but it was chilly again so we sat in the sun for a bit then decided to do something we have never done before!
We deiced to rent bikes! I fully thought this was going to cost money but it was free since we were staying the resort. We had the bikes until sunset actually, which is cool if you want to use them all day :)
We had some trouble unlocking my Moms at first but eventually we got a new key and it worked :)
I was happy they had some bikes with baskets so I could bring my camera :)
DSC_2863_1.jpg

DSC_2865_1.jpg

I actually had a bit of a struggle initially with the bike because I can't tell you the last time I rode a bike that required you to back pedal to brake instead of using hand brakes. It took some time to get used to :)
Once over at Fort Wilderness we had a bit of trouble finding the path, but once we did we headed towards the Outpost to get some water and a Fort Wilderness magnet for my fridge (trying to collect magnets of all the places we stayed before).
We found this Smokey the Bear shirt! We didn't buy it, but we have an original Smokey the Bear at home :)
IMG_3052.jpg

We biked all around Fort Wildness trying to find the cabins we would have stayed in in the past but we could only find the RV spots. We did find the old pool/pond area we used to go to though!
DSC_2869_1.jpg
DSC_2870_1.jpg
DSC_2871_1.jpg

Next up: more bike riding

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
If it wasn't so hot we would have kept going to find the cabins but it was pushing 90 degrees and we don't handle heat that well :) We ran into a few other people also trying to find the bike path. It was a bit confusing!
We checked out the Tri-Circle-D ranch before heading back to the WL
DSC_2874_1.jpg
DSC_2875_1.jpg
DSC_2877_1.jpg

DSC_2879_1.jpg
DSC_2881_1.jpg
DSC_2882_1.jpg
IMG_3055.jpg

We had an absolute blast riding bikes! We were so hot, though, that we grabbed some popsicles on our way back to the room and relaxed a bit. We were waiting for news that my cousin had her baby and she was finally born ! I was waiting anxiously because she is my new God Daughter :)
I played with the app a ton this day and hoped to find a later reservation for our dinner plans. I found one for after the park closed at 9:30 but with some luck found one at 7:45 :)
We headed back to HS and when I was looking at the app I saw that TSM was listed as a 30 minute wait so why not?!
But first, a picture :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7997336944.jpeg

DSC_2888_1.jpg

DSC_2893_1.jpg

Next up: TSM disaster

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
DSC_2894_1.jpg

DSC_2895_1.jpg

So, I was following the people in front of me in line and we headed down what was probably the wheelchair path but I was so distracted thinking that it was the new track that I wasn't even paying attention. All of a sudden the CM started screaming at me to come back. I turned around quickly but realized my Mom didn't hear him and kept going so I had to turn around and grab her which caused him to yell even more. He was yelling at me so bad for not doing to right thing :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
The people behind us actually started to go as well and they got yelled at too. They were saying its not like he told us to stop, because he didn't, so it was technically his fault. We did have a small laugh about it but I mean the whole thing was ridiculous. It really put a damper on my mood :cry:
DSC_2897_1.jpg

Actually all the CMs were super cranky in the ride, yelling at people who weren't moving fast enough to load. It was so odd. If I were the type to complain I would have totally said something about it but I hate complaining so we kept it to ourselves.
We did pretend like I was in time out when we got out of the ride :)
DSC_2902_1.jpg

Oh well, after this we headed to dinner :)
We checked in like 10 minutes early and they told us because we were "so early" we could wait awhile :confused:. We waited like 5 minutes. That was bizarre :)
Sci Fi! We got a welcome back card! I love that they do this, I think its such a special touch
DSC_2905_1.jpg
DSC_2906_1.jpg
DSC_2909_1.jpg

DSC_2910_1.jpg

These food pictures are kind of bad, sorry. Hard to take pictures in Sci Fi
We split a few appetizers
Honey chipotle BBQ wings...these actually look like they are off the menu. They were fine, but the actual chicken itself was not good/pretty fatty. But, we are wing snobs so theres that :)
DSC_2916_1.jpg

Fried Dill Pickles...these were good!
DSC_2917_1.jpg

Next up: finishing off Sci Fi

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
We also had the Boneless Wings. So it looks like now on the menu you can get the boneless wings in the old chicken wing sauce, or a few others. When we were there it was still just Spicy Buffalo...fine by us ! These were good as well :)
DSC_2918_1.jpg

We love Sci Fi and we will definitely be back :) The food isn't super amazing, but the atmosphere is great!
DSC_2919_1.jpg

We went to the bathroom and somehow ended up in the Commissary :p
DSC_2920_1.jpg

Our big plan for the evening was the Star Wars fireworks so we headed to the Chinese Theatre and secured a spot :)
DSC_2926_1.jpg
DSC_2932_1.jpg
DSC_2935_1.jpg
DSC_2937_1.jpg
DSC_2941_1.jpg

These Fireworks are incredible. I don't want to admit it, but I'm sure the new MK fireworks will be great too if they are like this o_O
There was a huge line at the bus stop, but luckily we got on the first bus. There was an intoxicated woman on the bus sitting next to me promising her kids tons of things, including more and more Disney trips....I hope she follows through/remembers her promises because her kids were super excited :(
Back at the hotel we got some treats because apparently we didn't eat enough....:joyfull:
When we thought Roaring Fork was closed we didn't think we would get any bakery treats, but we discovered a small case of them in the gift shop.
My Mom got a cupcake but dropped it by accident so it looked like this....
DSC_2954_1.jpg

It was still good :)
I got a magic cookie bar...just for you @LisaBelle ! It was as good as ever :)
DSC_2955_1.jpg

After our treat we were off to bed :)

Next up: Day 6

LeighM

It's no fun to be yelled at in Disney lol. Your story reminded me of what happened to me in Pirates during our October trip. We were in the front seat in the boat and I had raised my foot to rest on the front of the boat to show my husband the issue I was having with my shoe. Seriously, my foot was on the slanted part where you typically put your feet to brace yourself during the fall. The CM yelled at me for putting my foot there (still inside the boat) temporarily just to fix my shoe. I was like "okay but I'm trying to...." and she wouldn't approve the boat moving forward until I put my foot down. We were in the second boat so I could've been finished by the time the first boat started moving if she wasn't distracting me. I can only figure she was having a slow day or something LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom