Expedition Everest effects status watch

Doug Means

So, have they been building the new AA (Considering you said they're doing a 100% swap) all this time, or have they just been delaying for whatever reason? Also, considering that the "Overhead arm swing" is apparently a n-no right now, would he be above us still, or would they put the new yeti in a different spot?
yes?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Has Expedition Everest ever gone down for "rehab" since it opened? If not, I'd assume that it would have to go down SOMETIME soon(ish) though with crowds at AK expected to be high for the next year or so, I'd highly doubt anything would happen before fall of 2018. Though, to be fair, just because it would go down for refurb would be no guarantee of a "fixed" yeti.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
You don't know me then :D
Or we could talk about the Everest smoke system...

Prob not the best place to bring this up but I figured I'd quote you directly because it pertains to my question and I'd figured you'd might know the reason or factors that removed so many of the smoke/fog/mist effects around the parks. There, that's my question. lol

Why does it seem like the smoke and mist effects are no longer working? Are they being turned off for a specific safety reason or is it a general maintenance issue. Everest is one example but Kali in particular loses much of it's character without the ambient fog. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen the rolling fog at Tower in a long time. Where you at fog?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Prob not the best place to bring this up but I figured I'd quote you directly because it pertains to my question and I'd figured you'd might know the reason or factors that removed so many of the smoke/fog/mist effects around the parks. There, that's my question. lol

Why does it seem like the smoke and mist effects are no longer working? Are they being turned off for a specific safety reason or is it a general maintenance issue. Everest is one example but Kali in particular loses much of it's character without the ambient fog. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen the rolling fog at Tower in a long time. Where you at fog?
Everest lost its misting due to poor design; it was water based and interfered with track sensors. Instead of finding an alternative it was just removed.

Spaceship Earths steam effects are generated from a single point; no steam in Rome means no steam for the printing machine.

Tower of Terror had several systems; the boiler room again was water based and made the walkways allegedly slippery. The 5th Dimension system created condensation on the glass. But again, no alternative was used. Rock n Rollercoaster in Paris found the water based system made evacuation walkways too slippery. So they installed different system. It is possible.

None water based systems need more maintenance and attention. Not to mention restocking.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Has Expedition Everest ever gone down for "rehab" since it opened? If not, I'd assume that it would have to go down SOMETIME soon(ish) though with crowds at AK expected to be high for the next year or so, I'd highly doubt anything would happen before fall of 2018. Though, to be fair, just because it would go down for refurb would be no guarantee of a "fixed" yeti.
Nope, Everest has never officially closed for an extended rehab. It's really showed these last few years, as the ride has just looked genreally nasty

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So, have they been building the new AA (Considering you said they're doing a 100% swap) all this time, or have they just been delaying for whatever reason? Also, considering that the "Overhead arm swing" is apparently a n-no right now, would he be above us still, or would they put the new yeti in a different spot?
I never said they were building a new one or doing a 100% swap. I said that most likely needs to be done to make it work in full A-mode again. As I understand it, they still can't decide who gets to pick up the check. A lot of smaller scale fixes have been attempted and none have worked.

As to the overhead arm swing, I have no clue what they are going to do about that. I don't see relocating the Yeti being a economically viable option which most likely leaves it in the realm of legal wrangling.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I never said they were building a new one or doing a 100% swap. I said that most likely needs to be done to make it work in full A-mode again. As I understand it, they still can't decide who gets to pick up the check. A lot of smaller scale fixes have been attempted and none have worked.

As to the overhead arm swing, I have no clue what they are going to do about that. I don't see relocating the Yeti being a economically viable option which most likely leaves it in the realm of legal wrangling.
That makes sense. The way your original post was worded, it seemed they were building an all new yeti

Dragonman

Ok, let's keep this thread on track lol. Basically what effects are down is what we already know (Yeti obviously still in B mode, mist gone due to triggering track sensors, bird on a stick comes and goes, etc). I'm really hoping Everest might get a major refurb after Pandora is complete. It hasn't had one since opening and it might just solve our yeti problem.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

(I am sure this has been mentioned numerous times, but I really don't want to go back through and read the posts. Sorry, I'm lazy)

Any word on clean up of hair ties at the top? It looks awful, too close to looking like a sub par theme park area in comparison. They need a security camera up there if they don't have one already...

djkidkaz

It's literally as simple as sending someone up there once a week, or even once a month, after closing or before opening.

Yep, just bring up a shop vac and suck them all up. I think the problem is that when you leave them it gives people the idea like "oh look what everyone is doing, let me add mine!" but if you had it completely clean it wouldn't even be on peoples minds. You'd still get some idiots but you have to be diligent about cleaning it as you've said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom