What did you do?

JillC LI

8 miles on Saturday morning. Lovely weather for a run. Feet felt achy afterwards and it occurred to me to check the mileage on my running shoes. It was was up to 742 miles! Eeks. Breaking in new shoes today.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
3.06 miles outdoors. Now that the Florida heat has returned, runs will have to be done on the TM at the gym....unless I want to get up early and run in the dark. Nah, I don't think so.... :D

@Texas84, the runDisney Virtual Shorts start next month. Will those count as Disney miles?

Oh, for those of you who have thought about running a virtual 5k but have concerns about how much of the registration fee Disney charges for theirs actually goes to charity (and which ones), the ASPCA is sponsoring one - the window for completing it is between June 10th and June 30th. Registration is open and is only $34...and you can register your pet(s) to run with you (don't think my cat will be eager to participate) and they can receive a medal also. Registration includes a race bib and of course, a cool medal.

virtual-5k-medal-image_black_circle.jpg

The ASPCA encourages those entering to do additional fundraising for the organization, but it's not a requirement. If you're interested, here's the link: teamaspca.org

I've already registered.

JillC LI

Oh, for those of you who have thought about running a virtual 5k but have concerns about how much of the registration fee Disney charges for theirs actually goes to charity (and which ones), the ASPCA is sponsoring one - the window for completing it is between June 10th and June 30th. Registration is open and is only $34...and you can register your pet(s) to run with you (don't think my cat will be eager to participate) and they can receive a medal also. Registration includes a race bib and of course, a cool medal.

I tried so hard to get our mini goldendoodle to run with me, but she insists on stopping to sniff every 10 feet. Drives me insane. I gave up. Perhaps a professional trainer could have gotten her over the hump, but I never invested in it. Sounds like a fun run thought.

Anyway, 4.5 miles yesterday at 9:50 pace which is pretty good for me these days post-RA diagnosis.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I tried so hard to get our mini goldendoodle to run with me, but she insists on stopping to sniff every 10 feet. Drives me insane. I gave up. Perhaps a professional trainer could have gotten her over the hump, but I never invested in it. Sounds like a fun run thought.

Anyway, 4.5 miles yesterday at 9:50 pace which is pretty good for me these days post-RA diagnosis.

@JillC LI, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. :( Hoping everything's going okay.

JillC LI

@JillC LI, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. :( Hoping everything's going okay.

Yes, thanks. It's been just over 2 years since I was diagnosed during my first major flare up. Once I got it under control with meds, I haven't had any pain. But I eased back on pace and distance after that since I'm afraid of doing anything to cause another flare up. I just want to be able to enjoy running at a comfortable pace long term. That's more important to me than racing or any more PRs.

Texas84

So, I'm doing a 3-miler at 0530. As usual I stir up some dogs in a backyard at the half mile mark and as I leave them I hear an inhuman blood-curdling scream behind me. Probably a cat or a bird but sounds are amplified and I have an active imagination. All sorts of horror film scenarios going through my mind. :hilarious:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Totally up to you. It's not on site but it is official runDisney. :)

Okay, thanks. I'll ask you to add them to my total after each race. I'll even take a picture of the TM display to show I really did run those miles. :D

LAKid53

Premium Member
So, I'm doing a 3-miler at 0530. As usual I stir up some dogs in a backyard at the half mile mark and as I leave them I hear an inhuman blood-curdling scream behind me. Probably a cat or a bird but sounds are amplified and I have an active imagination. All sorts of horror film scenarios going through my mind. :hilarious:

:eek:

Poor animal.....

My neighborhood route is fairly well shaded with trees. While great for day time runs, those live oaks, pines and magnolias pretty much mask the few street lights along my route. And we have racoons, foxes, coyote, deer and skunks in our neighborhood. The last thing I want is to run up on either a skunk or racoon in the dark...my daughter would get a very interesting text asking her to go to Publix and buy gallons of tomato juice...:p

Texas84

:eek:

Poor animal.....

My neighborhood route is fairly well shaded with trees. While great for day time runs, those live oaks, pines and magnolias pretty much mask the few street lights along my route. And we have racoons, foxes, coyote, deer and skunks in our neighborhood. The last thing I want is to run up on either a skunk or racoon in the dark...my daughter would get a very interesting text asking her to go to Publix and buy gallons of tomato juice...:p

Yep. I'm in a heavily wooded golf community. I've seen foxes, rabbits and deer in the mornings. One morning an armadillo dashed out of the woods right in front of me, nails clacking on the road. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. We also have bears but they stay near the river about 30 miles away from my neighborhood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom