Pre-Trip Our (Hopefully Pandora Thrown In) F&G Trip 2017

Hi fellow Disney fanatics! It's me @MySmallWorldof4 and welcome to my first Pre-Trip report @figmentfan423 , @ajrwdwgirl , @MinnieM123 , @21stamps , @Songbird76 , @Zipitidoda , @betty rose , @donaldtoo , @MOXOMUMD , @Courtney6682 , @Mr Ferret 88 , @Goofyernmost , @imahistorygeek , @Scoppin @Tony the Tigger , @TheMouseFan , @Ciara @Tuvalu @StarWarsGirl @Gabe1 and everyone else that I know I am forgetting. Sorry don't mean to forget. Too many of us crazies on this board.;)

Here are the basics for now.

Who is going Me, My DH, DD(15), DS(13), DD(9), and DD(6).

Here is a pic of my brood in front of the train station at MK before they put up the barrier. Taken in 2013
kids2013.jpg

Here is a pic of me and my used to be little guy.:arghh:
disney2013meandb.jpg

You may not be seeing me again, as I am generally the one taking the shots.;)I don't look any different, I swear! :D

We are staying in The Cabins at Fort Wildnerness. This has been a favorite of my kids since 2015. They love driving around in the golf carts. This will be our 3rd stay there.

Our tentative plans are:

We are driving 13-14 hours from PA after DH is done with work on May 18 and sleep over in South Carolina, or we will leave here at 1 or 2am and drive straight through and hopefully get on Disney property by 4pm on the 19th.

Friday May 19
Arrive at Disney Springs. We have a 5pm at Raglan Road. Hopefully we get to see the Irish dancers.
Check into FW and go enjoy the pool.

Saturday May 20
EPCOT
Fastpasses
Test Track
Living With The Land(mine and my DH's favorite place in all WDW).
Spaceship Earth
No ADR's on this day. We plan to try the food from the kiosks or grab something for picky eaters along the way.
Maybe play some mini golf at Winter/Summerland after. Pool in the afternoon.
For dinner, we will try Territory lounge. The fondue sounds awesome!
If we are up for more roaming we may catch the MK fireworks at Poly or GF. If we are too tired we will just call it a night.

Will continue plans later.

Thanks for reading!:)

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Great to see that the trip is coming up fast
I hope you have a great time and I am looking forward to the TR

Max
Thanks Max. Still have loads of packing to do, but that is the fun part.:) It means that it is almost time to go.

Busy last week at home until we leave. DD6 has her last cheer competition of the season in Hershey on Saturday. That will be a half day thing unfortunately. The worse part is the dear forecasters are predicting cold and rainy weather. :( We had better weather in February!:confused: Sunday is Mother's Day and we will go somewhere to eat I am sure. Monday will be a start doing the massive clean-up that I always do before a trip. :) Kids do the attic and their rooms, with me doing the ol' once over.
Two of our dogs have have vet appointments in the afternoon. Gymnastics in the early evening and home at 8:30.
Tuesday will be a finish cleaning up and packing day. Wednesday one of my SIL's is coming to house-sit for us. We pay her to watch our 3 dogs, 3 cats, and cockatiel. She works at a university and the last day of work for her is Saturday. So it is a win-win. We save money on the kennel cause that would cost more, and she gets some extra cash until her job starts up again.:). Also have to head to the orthodontist for dd15. Should be her last until the braces come off. So the next bunch of days will whiz by. That is okay by me.:D I just hope that the next 9 go suuuuper sloooow.;)

dmatt87

Thursday, May 25

EMH at EPCOT so we will be there for rope drop.
Going to head straight for TT since I don't have a fastpass for it.
After that we will go get something yummy to eat at Les Halles. The Chocolate Croissants are already calling to me.:hungry: How I would love to eat more than one. But I won't.:( The temptation is there, but I don't want to fill up with all the offerings at the Kiosks to still try.

Our FP's for today:
Living with the Land
Frozen
The Seas

We will spend most of the day here. I love F & G. I always love looking at the flower arrangements. I try to get ideas for our own garden, but of course I can never keep up with the weeds like they do down at Disney. Everything looks perfect for the first week and then it is a never ending weedfest no matter what Even if we put landscape material under the mulch those weeds still take over. And they are mean weeds at that. They have painful, spikey stems and leaves. Ouch!! But we still try anyway year after year.

We have an ADR for The Wave at Cr for dinner. After dinner, I have as of yet no idea what to do. Maybe hang out at the pool? I will let the kiddos and dh decide.
I wonder if we will cross paths - we have the same FPs and almost the same game plan for that day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom