The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Wow!:confused: I am thankful for the conveniences my house came with.
Ha!! Well over here it's a bit different...you buy a house without anything in it. Like...when you move, you are supposed to remove wallpaper, flooring, etc so the person who buys it doesn't have to rip your stuff out to put in their own. You take your own with you to use in your new home. If someone wants to keep something in your house, they can ask if you are taking it with you, but it's assumed unless otherwise specified that your bathtub, etc will go with you. When we moved into this house, we had to put in the flooring, redo the electrical outlets, tile the bathrooms, etc. So since we had to do all the work anyway, we made sure we had all the things we want. If we ever sell this place and the person who buys it doesn't want the bathtub, we have to rip it out. It's nuts here.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ha!! Well over here it's a bit different...you buy a house without anything in it. Like...when you move, you are supposed to remove wallpaper, flooring, etc so the person who buys it doesn't have to rip your stuff out to put in their own. You take your own with you to use in your new home. If someone wants to keep something in your house, they can ask if you are taking it with you, but it's assumed unless otherwise specified that your bathtub, etc will go with you. When we moved into this house, we had to put in the flooring, redo the electrical outlets, tile the bathrooms, etc. So since we had to do all the work anyway, we made sure we had all the things we want. If we ever sell this place and the person who buys it doesn't want the bathtub, we have to rip it out. It's nuts here.
I wish the person we bought the house from took one of the bathtubs, it was a PITA to remove

MySmallWorldof4

What???o_O I guess no one does wall to wall carpeting then? What about floor tile, wood floor? Retiling a bathroom? Who would not want a bathtub? :confused: That is like one of the ways I deal with winter. I nice hot bath on a cold winter's day is totally necessary. I give you a lot of credit with dealing with those quirks. Don't think I would have wanted to.

Songbird76

What???o_O I guess no one does wall to wall carpeting then? What about floor tile, wood floor? Retiling a bathroom? Who would not want a bathtub? :confused: That is like one of the ways I deal with winter. I nice hot bath on a cold winter's day is totally necessary. I give you a lot of credit with dealing with those quirks. Don't think I would have wanted to.
Ah, my hubby is worth it. But I heard someone here say the first thing they did when they got the keys to their new home was rip out the bathtub. They didn't want it. And no....I've never seen a carpeted house here. Stairs, yes. Rooms no. If you put in something like a hardwood floor that can't be easily removed, you leave it there unless the buyers don't want it. But anything like the click wood floor panels, it's assumed it's going with you.

Cesar R M

Ah, my hubby is worth it. But I heard someone here say the first thing they did when they got the keys to their new home was rip out the bathtub. They didn't want it. And no....I've never seen a carpeted house here. Stairs, yes. Rooms no. If you put in something like a hardwood floor that can't be easily removed, you leave it there unless the buyers don't want it. But anything like the click wood floor panels, it's assumed it's going with you.
Cant you just put the carpet on top of the wood panels?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I haven't jumped into Instagram yet, but I do use Twitter. To be honest, I've been cutting back on who I follow. The amount of garbage being thrown out there was just ridiculous and I finally decided I really don't need any more people telling me how I should think... :cyclops:

I'd say 99% of what I follow on twitter is Disney or Disney related. Add in WGN news, weather alerts etc. Yesterday the exception, it was so very entertaining.

I don't play much on twitter but it is very easy to scroll through when stuck in line at store or bank A distraction. Same goes for Instagram. I play more here than anywhere but even now that is limited. Seriously I could spend my whole day easily on this site but then I wouldn't get any work done and I have a Disney addiction that I need to fund.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Have you ever tried making your own. I can get mustard seeds from our local health food store so it's easy enough to do by me. There is a big difference between the cheap and the good stuff.

You can make mustard? o_O I never heard of anyone making mustard before, but I'll bet the Earl of Mustard would be proud of you, Figgy! :D

EarlofMustard66s.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We have a two week season of mosquito's, and flies. That's pretty much it, except for a no see um's. They don't last long either. It gets too cold at night for much to be around long. We used to camp at 12,000 ft. We even camped when there was snow on the ground. Too cold for me, but hubby put his hot feet, out of the tent. Bears, generally leave people alone. It's the mountain lions, you have to be aware of.

Yah, I've heard stories from hubs and his father about mountain lions out in Colorado (where hubs grew up in the Rockies). Those big cats are predators and very dangerous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom