Trip Report Caribbean Beach Spring Break Trip - Lounging Around

Hey y'all! I have all my pictures uploaded to Flickr, so I guess I'm ready to go with this report. I didn't take notes, so just be prepared for a lot of "I think we did ____ next....wait no, I'm 16% sure we did ____....or wait. I don't know"

You ready?

WHO: Me (alone for the first day) & my husband, R.
WHY: We have APs and I had to be in Tampa for work so DUH
WHERE: Caribbean Beach
WHEN: April 9, 12-16

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
On the way out of Epcot, I stopped and got a hat. This is the second time I've gotten a hat at Disney World...and it's the only place I really wear them. But even with sunglasses on, it's SO BRIGHT in the middle of the day. The hat helps a little.

33445114464_c753fa62d1_b.jpg

I like the hat, and it looks good on you. :)

amjt660

Premium Member
Last Day :(

Well after the show, we still had some time to kill, and I remembered hearing that the new lounge was nice, so we headed that way. And here I present the best kept secret in Animal Kingdom (not for long): Nomad Lounge

We chose to sit at a table along the water's edge instead of the cozy couch, since it was just the two of us. But those couches look so comfy! Our server was quirky, but he was super nice and helpful with his recommendations.

Here's what we ordered:
Snow Leopard Salvation
Snow Leopard Vodka, Belle de Brillet Pear Liqueur, Mint, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer

So yummy! And so refreshing on a warm day.

Tempting Tigress
Russell's Reserve 10yr Bourbon, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, Tamarind Syrup, and Lime Juice

Pork Ribs
Honey-glazed, Coriander-spiced

This was after we'd split them. They are brought out in more of a stack. They were good! Not the most tender ribs I've had, but the flavors were great.

The water wasn't super visible, but the plants along it's edge were pretty too. Here's what was to our right.

I believe we may have ordered another drink, but I didn't take pictures, so maybe not. Either way we just chilled there for a good while and it was wonderful. I highly recommend this place! I suspect it will not be so quiet once Pandora opens because it's right there at the entrance to the land. Right now it's out of the way (it's where Tiffin's is), so people don't know it's back there. We were joking that it's the first and last time we'll get to enjoy it like that.

After we left our little place of solitude, it was back into the sweaty masses for our first FP.

Up next: Safari time!
We discovered the Nomad Lounge when we had dinner at Tiffins back in December.
Loved it and agreed at that time that if we went back (with Avatar open) it would not be the same
We enjoyed the comfy couches
Hard to get up and go into the restaurant after 2 drinks though - really comfy - could have napped

Although I literally could almost nap any place, any time !!!

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Great safari pics
The hat looks good
The pic with your leg up is a little staged/fake for me
But the closeup before and the one after look "real".

The ride photo?? - the girl in front of you is a "what the @# was I thinking going on this ride" shot
(And you do not look as terrified as you did on Splash)

Loving the report - sad that it will end soon

Max

dclfan

We went to Nomad Lounge back in October and we were seriously the only two people in there. I couldn't believe this beautiful little oasis was hiding back there and no one came. We had gotten engaged the night before in MK at around midnight so it was also the first stop where we "toasted" our new status. The bartender was amazingly sweet and chatted about my ring and engagement. Nomad Lounge will always have a special place in my heart. I want it to remain our hidden spot forever.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I like the hat, and it looks good on you. :)
Thank you! I need to find an excuse to wear it at home.

Although I literally could almost nap any place, any time !!!
Same here. I could nap right now I think. I have a pillow under my desk for little siestas in place of a lunch break sometimes :joyfull:

I've always wondered if those Hippo's were real. Never seen them move either. I'm a little jealous! Did you trade pins? I saw you were wearing some. I'm debating taking mine this next trip.
I did trade! I don't do it a ton, but I would glance at cast members' pins sometimes and occasionally ask if stores had pin boards to look at. It's a little awkward staring at people's chests, but I got over it. :hilarious:

I'll join in with everyone else:) Your photos are outstanding!

Really have been enjoying reading your report. You and R look like you're having so much fun together:inlove:
Thanks for following along! We do have a lot of fun together :). We don't do a ton together at home. He plays video games and I read/work all the time. So Disney is our bonding time. And planning the trips too, I'm always bouncing ideas off of him.

fractal

Last Day :(

We slept WAAAAAY in on this day. We had no plans for the morning. I contemplated getting up and going to MK to see the new welcome show. R had no desire, and I eventually just decided not to. I wasn't sure if they did the welcome show at actual park opening or when extra magic hours started. I didn't want to get there at 7 for nothing!

So anyway, we finally got going at about 10, and decided to go to Epcot for some lunch.

Every trip since our honeymoon, we've eaten the fish n chips from Yorkshire County Fish Shop. Now R is convinced we'll have to drop the tradition eventually, but I insisted on keeping it alive for at least one more trip.

We got there right around 11, so there was hardly anyone there yet and we sat by the water. It was SUPER windy. I feel like it always is on that little patio area to the right of the restaurant. Despite that, it was very pleasant.

When we finished up lunch, we headed back out. We had planned to spend the afternoon and evening at Animal Kingdom, so that's where we were headed. We didn't have any FPs until after 2 though, so we weren't in a hurry. We stopped and got one last treat on the way out.

This one didn't have a little flower in it. I was fine with that because I didn't have to decide whether or not I was supposed to eat it.

Bye, flowers! I miss this beautiful sight.

On the way out of Epcot, I stopped and got a hat. This is the second time I've gotten a hat at Disney World...and it's the only place I really wear them. But even with sunglasses on, it's SO BRIGHT in the middle of the day. The hat helps a little.

So we hopped on a bus to Animal Kingdom, and I don't remember running into any snags. We arrived and got into the park pretty quickly. I didn't carry a bag on any of these days when I was there with R, so we didn't have to do bag check.

Here we are! And there's my hat. R didn't like it, but I love the design! I am SO PICKY about everything. There's no rhyme or reason to what I like and don't like. Shopping for clothes is a nightmare, honestly. But anyway, this hat jumped out at me, and it was the only one I wanted to spend my hard-earned dollars on :D

I just spent a few minutes staring at this picture, trying to figure out why I took it. But then I saw the little guy (or gal?) hiding behind the plant. I remember now that we saw him chilling there as we were walking into the park.

We didn't have anything in the plans for a while, but it was close to 1pm, so we decided to head to the Festival of the Lion King show. They had just opened the doors as we were walking up, so we didn't have to wait long.

I HATE how they seat people in here. It's always so confusing, and I inevitably walk somewhere I'm not supposed to and get yelled at by a cast member. I'd almost rather come in right as the show is starting and let them just put me in an open space instead of me trying to figure out where the heck they're trying to direct me. /rant

bleah...that last one is super grainy.

I didn't take my longer lens, so I didn't take as many pictures in there. The show was lovely as usual! We missed our favorite tumble monkey, and I felt like the singers were the B-group, but everything was still good.

Well after the show, we still had some time to kill, and I remembered hearing that the new lounge was nice, so we headed that way. And here I present the best kept secret in Animal Kingdom (not for long): Nomad Lounge

We chose to sit at a table along the water's edge instead of the cozy couch, since it was just the two of us. But those couches look so comfy! Our server was quirky, but he was super nice and helpful with his recommendations.

Here's what we ordered:
Snow Leopard Salvation
Snow Leopard Vodka, Belle de Brillet Pear Liqueur, Mint, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer

So yummy! And so refreshing on a warm day.

Tempting Tigress
Russell's Reserve 10yr Bourbon, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, Tamarind Syrup, and Lime Juice

Pork Ribs
Honey-glazed, Coriander-spiced

This was after we'd split them. They are brought out in more of a stack. They were good! Not the most tender ribs I've had, but the flavors were great.

The water wasn't super visible, but the plants along it's edge were pretty too. Here's what was to our right.

I believe we may have ordered another drink, but I didn't take pictures, so maybe not. Either way we just chilled there for a good while and it was wonderful. I highly recommend this place! I suspect it will not be so quiet once Pandora opens because it's right there at the entrance to the land. Right now it's out of the way (it's where Tiffin's is), so people don't know it's back there. We were joking that it's the first and last time we'll get to enjoy it like that.

After we left our little place of solitude, it was back into the sweaty masses for our first FP.

Up next: Safari time!

Love that 2nd Snow leopard vodka pic ! You must take great wedding ring photos!

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Last Day continued

We had a reservation at Boma for dinner, which we had never tried before. I made it primarily because I knew we'd be at AK that night, and it would be a quick trip to the lodge. In retrospect, I could have done Tiffins, but we'll do that another time. I have no regrets about trying Boma!

We left early enough to allow for a long bus wait, but we got on one within 10 minutes, and arrived at AKL quite a bit early. I believe we had 30-45 minutes before our reservation. We wandered a little, but ended up at the lounge (what a shock).

We sat on one of the couches and ordered some drinks. I can't figure out what the name of the lounge is to find the menu, so I guess I'll just show you some pictures.

R got the beer. He's had that one before and enjoyed it

So after our drinks, it was about time for our reservation and we made our way down there. We were seated within 10 minutes, and I glanced at the buffet as we made our way to the table. I was worried about having enough room in my belly to try everything! There was so much! I think the server told us there were 75 items :eek:

My first plate. Couldn't tell you what any of that is, but it was all delicious. Polished that off and went back.

Once again, all delicious. I'm going strong here!

The curry was the star of the buffet. I should have written down which one I got, because now I can't remember. But it was amazing!

I was going from right to left on the buffet and the salads were toward to middle, so that ended up being at the end of the meal :joyfull:

And of course dessert! I think that big mound was bread pudding. I ate most of that and just nibbled on the rest. I shared dessert with R since we were both beyond full. He also had two more beers, so he was extra full. We spread this out quite a bit, we were there for well over an hour. We both really enjoyed Boma and would definitely recommend it! I hope to get back there soon and enjoy it again.

When we finished up, we slowly waddled back to the bus stop.

Made it back to AK and headed to the Rivers of Light FP entrance.

We arrived after they were seating people, so we didn't have to wait in a line. We were about halfway back in our section. The viewing seems to be good all the way around, no matter where you sit, so that's nice!

Soon the show started, and I wasn't planning to take many pictures. I did take a few though.

It was....fine. :oops: I fully expected to enjoy it, but I kept getting bored. R didn't like it at all...I believe his words as we were leaving were "that was garbage." I think that's a tad extreme, but I can't said I was that impressed with the show. I would watch it again if I happened to be there at the right time, but I won't be going out of my way to see if again.

I've read mixed reviews on it, so I'm glad there are at least some folks who love it!

After the show, it was time to head back to Caribbean Beach and pack our bags for an early morning.

I don't have anymore pictures to add, but we had a bellman pick us up at 4:45am (he was a tad late and had me in a panic) and we boarded the Tragical Express at about 5:15. The process with the bellman was super smooth, and I imagine that's what we should have done when we arrived. He drove us to the check-in building in a van and dropped us off. Soooo much nicer than walking 10 miles with 50lbs of luggage :rolleyes:

We made it to MCO in good time and had a short security line. Soon enough we were on our plane back home. It was Easter, so we went straight to R's aunt's house to pick up Chipper, then later had to go to a family dinner thing. I felt bad that we missed church, but flying back that day was the best option for us.

Alright that's it! I'll post some pre-trip stuff in this thread for our August plans instead of doing a separate thread.

Mrhappyplace

I'd pick Boma over Tiffens. I know most that have had it and posted about it here love Tiffens but I didn't find the food to be anything special though I may have ordered the wrong things.
I thought Rivers of Light was alright, it didn't disappoint me or impress me but I'm glad I experienced itI certainlly wouldn't wait in the long lines that I saw people waiting in for the show but after Pandora opens and those lines disappear (maybe) I'd sit and watch the show again.
Thanks for the trip report and all the great photos. I look forward to your Aug trip details and report!

bee

We sat on one of the couches and ordered some drinks. I can't figure out what the name of the lounge is to find the menu, so I guess I'll just show you some pictures.

R got the beer. He's had that one before and enjoyed it
Victoria Falls! M and I tried that beer last year and liked it.

Beautiful shots of RoL! I'm preparing myself in case I don't like it, but I'm still excited to see it.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Finally all caught up! A fun read @sheriffwoody and gorgeous pictures as always. The ROL photos were particularly stunning. Sorry you guys didn't enjoy the show more.

I can clear up the new castle welcome show/EMH confusion @blgauger. The castle show begins 5 minutes before regular park opening hours. So if you attend 8 am EMH you need to make your way to the front of the castle before 9 am if you want to watch it.

And @sheriffwoody, good thing you did not get up to be at the MK at 7 am. On EMH mornings the turnstiles open just before 8 am. All guests are allowed through at 8 but only resort guests are allowed to enter Fantasyland and Tomorrowland ~ everyone else must stay on Main Street or in the hub like on a non-EMH morning. The turnstiles do not open an hour in advance of EMH. I spoke to a couple different CMs and both gave me the same answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom