News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

flynnibus

Premium Member
I just can't imagine a scenario where Disney took legal action against him for taking and posting photos of SWL and then made him sign an NDA to prevent him from telling people that Disney gets serious about this kind of stuff. Almost like they don't want him to warn others against falling into the same trap??

Or simply... "we have something on you, if you promise to shape up, sign this agreement binding you to not do it and not discuss it, we will not pursue this further". If you want to stop something, but not make a scene.. people do these things discretely.

Like I said before.. I doubt this is what happened in MC's case. He probably just had to step outside the bubble for awhile.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Or simply... "we have something on you, if you promise to shape up, sign this agreement binding you to not do it and not discuss it, we will not pursue this further". If you want to stop something, but not make a scene.. people do these things discretely.

Like I said before.. I doubt this is what happened in MC's case. He probably just had to step outside the bubble for awhile.
If he's a cast member as most have insinuated though, couldn't they have had precedent to fire him over this? Ah well. He's "back", so that's really all that matters.

D

Deleted member 107043

If he's a cast member as most have insinuated though, couldn't they have had precedent to fire him over this? Ah well. He's "back", so that's really all that matters.

If Disney was that bothered all they would have to do is issue a cease and desist requesting that the image be removed from his/her site. The whole story about "The Mouse" terrorizing a Disney blogger over something so trivial doesn't make much sense.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

If Disney was that bothered all they would have to do is issue a cease and desist requesting that the image be removed from his/her site. The whole story about "The Mouse" terrorizing a Disney blogger over something so trivial doesn't make much sense.
It really doesn't. Disney has all the power and legal ability to make someone's life a living hell. This just seems like a "heyyyyy....stop that!"

flynnibus

Premium Member

I find the chance that he is a CM extremely low. More likely a local recent college age guy that has over the last years finally gotten to the point in his life where he needs to look at career, relationships, w t h the future holds, etc :) (I've done zero recon on the guy.. this is just a 10sec impression after watching his content on and off since he started)

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I find the chance that he is a CM extremely low. More likely a local recent college age guy that has over the last years finally gotten to the point in his life where he needs to look at career, relationships, w t h the future holds, etc :) (I've done zero recon on the guy.. this is just a 10sec impression after watching his content on and off since he started)
I've often found his stuff to be good, but he was never a go-to source of new footage. Jane the lady vlogger, and sometimes sadly even Fresh Baked are where I go.

Curious Constance

A college guy who buys a $100 + ticket every week, even if he can only stop by for an hour or two to get some pictures?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

If you mean the lower, wood forms, that's for the Millennium Falcon attraction (whatever code name people are using nowadays).
No, I'm referring to these beams that aren't apart of the show building.
Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 12.46.20 PM.png

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Oh, sorry. I was totally looking in the wrong spot.

I'm not sure what those represent. Just remember, not all of the perimeter building walls are built up yet, and all that rock-work is going to need to be supported somehow. I bet it's something in those veins (but I can't tell exactly what).
No worries.

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of perimeter walls going up all along that side soon. I just don't recall having seen them operating in that area before.

TP2000

I'm not sure what those represent. Just remember, not all of the perimeter building walls are built up yet, and all that rock-work is going to need to be supported somehow. I bet it's something in those veins (but I can't tell exactly what).

Agreed. There is going to be a lot of "stuff" in this land that's not physically attached to the two big ride warehouse buildings. There will be cliffs and buildings and village settlements and all sorts of structures going on here. The two big ride warehouses that all the photos and attention have focused on the last six months are in the background of this artwork, creating the hills and geography that forms the perimeter. Then there's a heckuva lot of other structures going on between the warehouses and in front of them.

SWThemedLand.jpg

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Agreed. There is going to be a lot of "stuff" in this land that's not physically attached to the two big ride warehouse buildings. There will be cliffs and buildings and village settlements and all sorts of structures going on here. The two big ride warehouses that all the photos and attention have focused on the last six months are in the background of this artwork, creating the hills and geography that forms the perimeter. Then there's a heckuva lot of other structures going on between the warehouses and in front of them.

SWThemedLand.jpg
The sad thing is, like Hans earlier pointed out, once who main show building is complete, our view of a lot of the "other" construction will be greatly hindered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom