Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and WDI Partner on Jungle Cruise Updates

D

Deleted member 107043

FRANK SINATRA?!? It's Jose's very best Bing Crosby imitation! :D The german voice doesn't bug me just because it's Thurl-Human-Subwoofer-Ravenscroft... one of my voice-work heroes. :)

Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, same difference.

*hides*

:D

mickEblu

LOL! Seriously though... All the Frank Sinatra references and cheesy German and Hispanic stereotypes make me cringe every time I go in there. I'm all for Disney nostalgia and honoring DL's past, but too many things about the Tiki show are just downright embarrassing.

It's that same stereotypical Hispanic accent from Oliver & Company and one of the dogs in Lady & the Tramp if I'm not mistaken.

yookeroo

I know all the songs by heart. I feel like I've seen the show at least one hundred times starting with the Tropical Serenade at the Magic Kingdom back in 1975. Back then, when we were kids, we used to call the show Walt Disney's Enchanted Stinky Room and we'd replace the word 'tiki' with 'stinky' when singing the theme song lol.

I'm doing this from now on.

lazyboy97o

If POTC were built today, does anyone have any idea how much money something like that would take to build?
But your question happens to bring up a good point. $$$$. I know inflation is a thing but I'd imagine it's more or less relative to whatever it cost to build in the 60's.
In total, Disney sunk about $150 million into The Little Mermaid. Disney's costs have spiraled out of control.

FerretAfros

Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, same difference.

*hides*

:D
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Curious Constance

From Mouseplanet:

"
We shared last week that actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson posted via Instagram that he will "partner with Disney's brilliant Imagineers to help re-engineer and re-design the #JungleCruise ride in all the Disney theme parks around the world." The actor has been cast in a live-action movie based on the ride, but his post implied that his involvement would go way beyond the silver screen.

It seems that Johnson perhaps overstated his role with Disney. While confirming the visit to Walt Disney Imagineering, a spokesperson told the Orlando Sentinel that Disney has no plans at this time to change the rides."

LOLOLOLOLOL

mickEblu

From Mouseplanet:

"
We shared last week that actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson posted via Instagram that he will "partner with Disney's brilliant Imagineers to help re-engineer and re-design the #JungleCruise ride in all the Disney theme parks around the world." The actor has been cast in a live-action movie based on the ride, but his post implied that his involvement would go way beyond the silver screen.

It seems that Johnson perhaps overstated his role with Disney. While confirming the visit to Walt Disney Imagineering, a spokesperson told the Orlando Sentinel that Disney has no plans at this time to change the rides."

LOLOLOLOLOL

Let me translate that since I'm fluent in Disney...

"You can all expect to see a Rock AA in jungle cruises worldwide this time next year."

D

Deleted member 107043

Be honest. Who didn't think it might be bogus when Dwayne Johnson claimed to be on the design team for a ride at Disneyland?

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom