The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Wow, I missed the bus charge....that is too much!

Here ya go Bets. Steve WDWMAGIC posted this a while back.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...cing-express-transportation-ticket-option.htm

The price has increased since it started with its test phase. I'm on the fence with it. I really love to park hop, we rarely go back to the resort from morning until night time but It does take some time to commute between the resorts and have to deal with security every time, something you don't have to do at UNI.

If we do it I'll let you know what we think. We are in that pondering stage, but who knows it could be gone long before I return to the world. ;) Sometimes things like this just quietly disappear. :cyclops:

Gabe1

That's sad. I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. I'm still hoping for a better 2018 for all of us. :angelic::angelic::angelic:

Thanks! :inlove: It seems one area got it worse than the others and another area that has homes built on it that has a reoccurring storm sewer issue always. But then on my road about 4 properties down more towards the forest preserve I saw the emergency catastrophic trucks for 2 days. Then today they are ripping off the entire roof. Something bad happened there. Those people have only been there under a year, worse they bought the property from friends of theirs that also still live in town. Oy.

Today the river is up again and over more. Like our riverwalk leads you right into the freak'n river. Brings new meaning to Zero depth entry.
C_Z1hFwXsAITbFr.jpg

C_bDi6OVYAAGVhB.jpg

Gabe1

Twitter is still exploding. Instagram even crashed this evening.
The upside is posters have gone from rage of the day to some very humorous postings. My DD and I have now had a few great belly laughs. Some people are so creative and witty.

StarWarsGirl

@StarWarsGirl , so which do you prefer? Being a college student, or being out in the working world now? I imagine there's pros and cons, just like everything else. You were a really good student though, and I'm just wondering if the work world has lived up to your expectations, post-graduation.
Well, it's nice not to have homework. And I'm working fewer hours a week than I was in my last semester of college (16-20 hours per week, 17 hours a week in class, plus homework). And as far as a job goes, this one really isn't that bad.

I'm glad I got in with a large company and there are opportunities to move after I've been there a year because I really don't want to stay in this department. The job, for one, is boring. Lots of looking at spreadsheets, which in all seriousness, if I wanted to look at spreadsheets all day, I would have gone for an accounting degree. Sometimes I feel like the workload is overwhelming; others I'm searching for something to do. I hate where I currently am seated because there's no one around my area, so there are days when I don't talk to anyone, which for me, as an extroverted introvert, is not a great setup. And while the managers who I support are all lovely people, I've already had to deal with a coworker who's really b*tchy and basically does nothing but whine about her job. If you ask her for anything, she'll cop an attitude. And this other manager who believes that rules don't apply to her. I actually told my manager at one point that I didn't want to deal with her anymore because she either ignored me or complained about the process. Thankfully, my manager was getting the same attitude I was, and so I don't deal with her anymore. My manager can also be a challenge because she's got a personality type that tends to panic first. I'm figuring out how to handle her, though, which is basically a lot of "It's okay; we can fix this." We got an email today at the end of the day, and I'm fully expecting it to frazzle her even more, even though it really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Evidently, my manager's boss is nicer to me than he was to the last person in this position. Like, way nicer. He comes over and checks on how I'm doing, gave me excellent advice over how to handle the situation with my one coworker, brings me marshmellow peeps because he knows I like them, etc. I'm contract to permanent placement, and my manager from the agency still can't believe how nice he is to me. But I'm also not intimidated by him, which is probably a big thing. Growing up in a household with a lawyer who can be intimidating means learning to not get intimidated.

But eventually, I want out of this department. I'd rather go into marketing or HR. Marketing was my degree's concentration, and HR is where my experience lies.

I have really missed college, though. I've missed chorus, being on campus, seeing friends, chatting with professors, sitting outside with my Surface in between classes and working (or Netflixing, depending on my level of burnout). I went to a fantastic school, and every single day, I use the education I got there, or something will pop up and I say, "Yup, learned that in college." I miss it though. I might go back and get my MBA. Not at my alma mater; likely at U of Baltimore. But I'm going to wait before making that decision.

StarWarsGirl

from what I hear Cali doesn't require much planning, yet
My long time friend and I have now been to DL and WDW together. We went to WDW right when FP+ was rolling out.

In WDW:
Her: So what are we doing today?
Me: We are going to DHS. We have a Star Tours FP at noon, then Tower of Terror and RnRC at 3 and 4. We'll do Tower at 3:45 so we can go right on RnRC. We have Prime Time for dinner at 5 and depending on the weather, we might stay for Fantasmic. If we don't do Fantasmic tonight, we'll ride TSM at the end of the night.

In DL:
Her: So what are we doing today?
Me: *shrugs*. Dinner is at 6.

She laughed at me and my differing reactions to that question. :hilarious:

donaldtoo

Crush's coaster spins so if you are bothered by spinning, you might want to skip it. I think it is pretty awesome.

Ratatouille is a trackless 3-D ride in which you move around the show building, you are a "rat" in the kitchen and some effects are real and some are the 3-D screens. My husband gets motion sick and had no problems with it. This is pretty awesome, there are fast passes for it but the single rider line moved pretty good for us and the stand by was long. So if you and your kids would feel comfortable riding apart that is a nice option.

There is no 7 Dwarfs Mine train at DLP, there is a version of the old Snow White's Scary Adventures what was at WDW and still at Disneyland. That was probably the Blanch-Neige et les Sept Nains you saw.

Too bad about BTMRR, it is really fantastic, but if you get motion sick it might not be for you. Hubby does take dramamine for it and seems to be okay. He can't do multiple rides in a row but at DLP the line is pretty long so that wasn't a problem with multiple rides in a row.

The only roller coaster I can ever remember having gotten even remotely close to motion sickness on is Poltergeist at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio.
I just call it "Spaghetti"...!!! :hilarious:

image.jpeg

You are being flipped, flopped, turned and twisted all along the entire ride. The part that gets me is the the sharp turn into a double corkscrew right at the very end just before the coaster is braked. Has never left me more than a bit dizzy for more than about 30 seconds, so the ride is sooo beyond worth it...!!!!! :joyfull: :)

Last edited:

BAChicagoGal

I had a bone marrow test about 20 years ago, and ever since I can't lay on that side of my body. Doctors have to give me really good reasons before I allow any kind of test. of course they make you sign all kinds of waivers for everything. The bone marrow test was negative, of course. I was extremely anemic at the time, and don't remember the exact reason for the test. I learned to say "No" pretty quickly after that experience.

Gabe1

Did you get Jello. I remember you saying that's hard to get by you.

Ha! I had just told my DD about @Songbird76 new-ish life in the Netherlands, being so very different than her life in the US and what is available, right down to a freak'n stove/oven and various foods. We talked about the Jello and my DD was in disbelief that any country didn't have Jello. I am so in awe of her life, the determination to go into 'a whole new world' freak'n awesome life.

Gabe1

Only like...12 boxes? :hilarious: I got a bunch of jello, several bags of cherry twizzler bites, girl scout cookies, gravy mix, and my brother bought the kids a bunch of peeps:depressed:. I also got some cereal and some stovetop stuffing. And chocolate twinkies because they look disgusting, but my son will love them.

Awe good Mom. If you ever need Jello I'll send it to ya. Just PM me lady. :inlove: Nobody should ever live without Jello.

Gabe1

Well, that's the beauty of being a fill in. I don't have set hours. I can tell them "I'm not available from this date to this date" and they just can't schedule me in that time. I decide when I'm available to work and they decide when they need me within that time frame. The downside is that if it's not busy, I don't get hours. But it lets me be there for my kids when there's something at the school, or for birthdays or whatever. I just tell them I can't work on this day, or I'm only available in the morning on this day of the week. Like...I have choir rehearsal Monday evenings...so I can't work Monday evenings. It's pretty flexible.

Wooba Nice. In a world of being a Mom the pro's outweigh the con's in my world anyhow.

Gabe1

We have a hard frost this morning! :(

I'm sorry. We keep getting the warnings but are spared the frost we shall see what the morning brings again. I have early spring flowers in and a few tomato plants that I keep covering with buckets at night. The flowers leaves have turned purple due to the cold but are still thriving despite.

Did you loose anything. Some of our farms have lost everything here 'cause the rain washed away the all the plowed seeds. Not a good start. Winter had nicer warmer weather than we are getting. Everything is still ponding, squishy, or downright muddy.
Oy. Though for about 30 minutes today the sun did come out. Still better than snow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom