Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

cheezbat

As far as I know, that is still the plan. D.C. closing after the Summer '17 season and KidZone closing after HHNs ends.
If things were up to me I'd say screw putting Nintendo into USF...while it'll be awesome, it's really going to continue the mess that is Universal Studios...Build it in the new park...and forget trashing Dragon Challenge too. There's still the Toon Lagoon amphitheater and Lost Continent that could and should be priorities before more Potter.

Casper Gutman

If things were up to me I'd say screw putting Nintendo into USF...while it'll be awesome, it's really going to continue the mess that is Universal Studios...Build it in the new park...and forget trashing Dragon Challenge too. There's still the Toon Lagoon amphitheater and Lost Continent that could and should be priorities before more Potter.

Nah, LC is a beautiful land - perhaps the prettiest at IoA - with a good restaurant. I'd be happy if it stays as is (I'd be happier if PF were replaced with a dark ride, but we can't get everything we want).

As for DC, the coasters are old and will need to be rebuilt in any case and Uni is (thankfully) moving away from bare coasters. Besides, they know exactly what they want to put in that area... more Potter. Toon Lagoon seems to be caught up in the confusion regarding which family property (Dreamworks, Illumination, Nintendo) goes where as well as the question of how much they want to expand Marvel.

No area at Uni needs renovation more than Kidzone, and Nintendo seems to be the most developed land concept. There are plenty of IPs for the new park.

clemmo

After kid zone I'd say MSHI needs the most help. I went to Uni for the first time back in March and loved IOA except for this part. It just fault kind of tacky to me which I guess is what they were going for but I just didn't find it that appealing. Isn't there an avengers ride rumored somewhere down the line?

trr1

Nah, LC is a beautiful land - perhaps the prettiest at IoA - with a good restaurant. I'd be happy if it stays as is (I'd be happier if PF were replaced with a dark ride, but we can't get everything we want).

As for DC, the coasters are old and will need to be rebuilt in any case and Uni is (thankfully) moving away from bare coasters. Besides, they know exactly what they want to put in that area... more Potter.
maybe a in park boutique harry potter themed hotel?

HairyChest

will the dragon challenge replacement be a potter ride or a fantastic beasts ride? I hope its not just another bare coaster. uni needs to do a pirates level boatride imo

cheezbat

You misunderstood me. I love the theme of Lost Continent...it's just that the attractions are weak. Poseidon could be so much more, and Sindbad is a joke. Build a few dark rides/boat rides in this area and it could become top notch!

Casper Gutman

You misunderstood me. I love the theme of Lost Continent...it's just that the attractions are weak. Poseidon could be so much more, and Sindbad is a joke. Build a few dark rides/boat rides in this area and it could become top notch!

I could not agree with this more. I just don't want it absorbed into Potter (though I do want more Potter)

Cesar R M

I agree, It was weird that Poseidon had such insanely good queue, and the ride itself.. wasnt.. that good or...hmm.. how to say..
while the special effects are nice, they are not very well embedded and looks visible and the low resolution and ancient cgi effects on the screens were immersion breaking..

Simbad.. I just.. couldn't digest it. Sat to see part of it..
And it was a very weird mix between Fantasmic and Indiana Jones stunt show that.. well..

Mike S

Put Zelda or Pokémon in there and whichever one doesn't go there in Site B.

Donald Razorduck

Looking at the new Ferrari Land at a former Uni Park is quite nice. Make a me realize that they want a US park. 4th gate. Comcast carries F1 rights in the States.

Anywho, my wife wants to go to Hawaii, the rest of us do to. It's half way to Japan. Hmmmmm...

Scoot Air and Air Asia X (Asian versions of Norwegian) are planning nonstops from Honolulu to Osaka. Hmmmmm.

The Boy and I want to see Nintendo land at earliest possible time. Hmmmm......

The boy and I can cut out from the girls for a couple of days, do Nintendo and get back before the flight back to the states.

Wheels turning.

brb1006

DBwy_WcUIAAjzX-.jpg

brb1006

Here's a fun fact about Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan (and Later Hollywood and Orlando).
-The land is planned to cost $60 BILLION yen for USJ! Making it one of the most expensive theme park lands ever created. ($546 million USD!)
-It is opening in 2020 at Universal Studios Japan. Los Angeles and Orlando will get theirs in a latter date after the Japanese version.
-It will feature a Mario Kart attraction! -The technology used in it will be the “world’s most advanced technology”.
-The land will feature shops, restaurants and rides! The area is 2 stories tall. Super Nintendo World is being built in part of the Universal Studios Japan's parking lot. The area is described as being “interactive”
-Bowser’s Castle and Peach’s Castle will both be built!

Bacon

I heard a rumor that Orlando's version will be in the form of a 3rd theme park (fourth if you can volcano bay) I doubt it. But I hope Nintendo will be amazing compared to the rest of the past attractions they've pumped out. I have hope cause Nintendo is working closely with Universal Creative.

Mike S

I heard a rumor that Orlando's version will be in the form of a 3rd theme park (fourth if you can volcano bay) I doubt it. But I hope Nintendo will be amazing compared to the rest of the past attractions they've pumped out. I have hope cause Nintendo is working closely with Universal Creative.
Nope. It's replacing Woody Woodpecker's KidZone in USF. There could be a second land in the third park based on a different Nintendo IP like Zelda though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom