Expedition Everest effects status watch

Seabasealpha1

Unfortunately not fake update:
1. Disco Yeti with strobe still in place.
2. Glorious bird on a stick still gone ; ).
Found the bird...over at Yak and Yeti...

2c2a74cf5c375fe7169465c34c7de652.jpg

Tom Morrow

So if it doesn't take that much to fix it, then why hasn't Disney already done it? I feel like theres more to this that either you or i will know. Oh and please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon!
The answer is it would require the ride to be down for a little while - note that I said little and not the massive "half the mountain would have to be dismantled" undertaking that the circulating rumors suggest. That, plus money, and the fact that they don't necessarily have to do this because it has consistently still been the most popular attraction in the park, are the reasons it hasn't been done yet.

I keep telling them I already confirmed my flight!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So if it doesn't take that much to fix it, then why hasn't Disney already done it? I feel like theres more to this that either you or i will know. Oh and please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon!
Just because a fix is easy does not mean it is cheep.

All I needed to do to make my last car perfect was replace the engine and transmission. Easy solution, but not so easy on the checking account.

The solution for the yeti is similar. Take out the Yeti and install a new one wit the design flaw fixed. An easy but expensive solution made only more complicated by 2 departments not agreeing on who gets the bill and the fact that 99% of Disney's client base has no idea that anything is wrong.

Surfin' Tuna

There's a dispute over who foots the bill.

Here's an easy solution: They announce they're getting rid of the disco yeti. Then they sell t-shirts, travel mugs, and other assorted memorabilia featuring the broken guy. People will get on here and wax poetic about the first time they saw him and buy it all. Disney will raise millions and be able to fix him. In the meantime, message boards and podcasts will be alive with talk of weather the new Yeti will be as good as the old Yeti. I'm calling Iger in the morning.

Fable McCloud

So as of now, May 2017, what in Everest actually works? I'm bringing a newbie and I wanna show them how impressive the ride is in October, but Disco Yeti may be a turn off lol.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
So as of now, May 2017, what in Everest actually works? I'm bringing a newbie and I wanna show them how impressive the ride is in October, but Disco Yeti may be a turn off lol.
The mist, bird, and yeti are all gone. Only the waterfalls, shadow and (occasionally) station steam work, sadly. It really kills the mood of the ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom