Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Megan again for figment. she says she likes shadowlands or the dark kingdom. i don't like bald valley b/c i think of a man with no hair. figment had to tell me about bald mt. b/c i didnt get why that name would work.
Thinking on it -- I really like Shadowlands but feel the need to say The Shadowlands. That's a minor thing but I think might be the first MK land to have "The" in the title.

gonzoWDW

The Shadowlands sounds awesome to me. Although, I will admit, I'm partial to it because Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was my favorite video game growing up.

latest

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hey guys, I apologize for not posting for a while. I was just really busy with school and didn't get the time to post. Anyways, If you guys decide to do a full fledged out villans land, why not theme it to Disney villains from tv shows AND Disney movie villains? I would love a ride themed to bill cipher! :)
Maybe you could talk to @Bill Cipher about that:p

Or @DSquared

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I was thinking of the bill cipher ride being a sort of revival of muesem of the weird, and it would take place during the weirdmaggedon story arc of the show. The premise would be that bill cipher has captured the guests, and the ride would end with the pines family saving you and bringing the town back to normal.
That would be cool! Nice idea!

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I was thinking of the bill cipher ride being a sort of revival of muesem of the weird, and it would take place during the weirdmaggedon story arc of the show. The premise would be that bill cipher has captured the guests, and the ride would end with the pines family saving you and bringing the town back to normal.
giphy.gif

Evil Illuminati Dorito Seal of Approval

MonorailRed

Applebees
Sounds fun!

I will try to get a concept art piece up for you -- if in the meantime anyone has additional ideas they can by all means throw them out! I made a rough verison of Bald Mountain a long time ago -- I don't know if it helps but here it is.

Bald Mountain
20160102_233341-1_zpskrrqg0zm.jpg

Based on the classic segment from Fantasia, Night on Bald Mountain, guests will embark on a thrilling roller coaster type ride through the caverns of the mountain ruled by Chernabog as you zoom in an out in the desolate landscape.

Queue
The queue begins in the Bavarian town at the base of the mountain and progresses into one of the quaint buildings as you gaze at artwork done by some of the best painters of the age as they try to illustrate the majesty of Bald Mountain while paying respect to Chernabog so he doesn't destroy the town once the sun sets. You then trek further out towards the mountain's base where you board a soul carriage (a 5 car train) towards the top of the mountain guided by Chernabog's souls to pay respect.

Ride-Through
From the station carved into the mountain's base you enter the mountain and go up a steady lift hill. To your left you see caverns and flames erupting from the floor and to your right you see souls riding skeleton horses pushing you up the mountain. Your train reaches the 120 ft peak, and still inside the mountain...sees the eyes of Chernabog in front of you and darts down and to the right. You go through a hairpin turn and in pitch blackness, hear his roar, and turn again to the right as projections of the souls surround you. You approach more flames and the train flies up and over a hump, turning to the left in the process. After a few more moments at speeds up to 45 mph, you see the giant AA Chernabog in front of you as your vehicle comes to a stop
80d3e1daca32186383feaa3dd303ccf5.gif

You dart out of the mountain down a 40 ft drop in the dark and careen out into the landscape before making your return trip back to the village.

This sounds awesome! Very similar to Expedition Everest - Very cool!

I'm trying to think of cool elements to add to this, but I think this is pretty cool as is! :D

What do you think @gonzoWDW ? :D

Well all I have is that it would be cool if Yen Sid sends us to Bald Mountain and shoots our vehicles to Bald Mountain with some sort of canon similar to the space mountain dlp catapult. Also, it would be cool to have it wrap around the mountain in a similar way to the once planned Fire Mountain and move similarly to Phantasialand's Taron. We could have a show scene inside the mountain where the vehicle and track is lifted and passes by fire, minions and eventually the gigantic AA of chernabog before we get launched one more time and eventually land in the lagoon ( the hydrocoaster aspect)

I like the hydrocoaster element @orlando678 ! Any other ideas for additions?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Sounds fun!

I will try to get a concept art piece up for you -- if in the meantime anyone has additional ideas they can by all means throw them out! I made a rough verison of Bald Mountain a long time ago -- I don't know if it helps but here it is.

Bald Mountain
20160102_233341-1_zpskrrqg0zm.jpg

Based on the classic segment from Fantasia, Night on Bald Mountain, guests will embark on a thrilling roller coaster type ride through the caverns of the mountain ruled by Chernabog as you zoom in an out in the desolate landscape.

Queue
The queue begins in the Bavarian town at the base of the mountain and progresses into one of the quaint buildings as you gaze at artwork done by some of the best painters of the age as they try to illustrate the majesty of Bald Mountain while paying respect to Chernabog so he doesn't destroy the town once the sun sets. You then trek further out towards the mountain's base where you board a soul carriage (a 5 car train) towards the top of the mountain guided by Chernabog's souls to pay respect.

Ride-Through
From the station carved into the mountain's base you enter the mountain and go up a steady lift hill. To your left you see caverns and flames erupting from the floor and to your right you see souls riding skeleton horses pushing you up the mountain. Your train reaches the 120 ft peak, and still inside the mountain...sees the eyes of Chernabog in front of you and darts down and to the right. You go through a hairpin turn and in pitch blackness, hear his roar, and turn again to the right as projections of the souls surround you. You approach more flames and the train flies up and over a hump, turning to the left in the process. After a few more moments at speeds up to 45 mph, you see the giant AA Chernabog in front of you as your vehicle comes to a stop
80d3e1daca32186383feaa3dd303ccf5.gif

You dart out of the mountain down a 40 ft drop in the dark and careen out into the landscape before making your return trip back to the village.

What do you think about the attraction @ThatGuyFromFlorida ? Any additions? I know you mentioned some ideas for Villainsland so I'm curious what you think of the main attraction! :D

EmFromPlanetEarth

I kind of have an idea of having a drop track when you encounter chernabog, or maybe even a launch track. I just think it would fit. Also, my idea for the villains land is that It could maybe be themed to a dimension of villains instead of a dark side of fantasyland. In addition, I also would like to add Disney channel villains to the land, because I would really like to have a bill cipher attraction, a ludo castle facade, and maybe even a Kim possible ride.

orlando678-

Tbh, i think it would be interesting to just use the coaster, one collective disney villain gathering ride and then base a few other attractions on other dark disney IP, The Headless Horseman ( could be a really cool dark ride), Lonesome Manor (hmm could be like Monsters Inc. Hide and Go Seek and could also use references to the Haunted House and Skeleton Dance shorts by Silly Symphonies) and lastly I think it would be really cool to have something based of on the Mad Doctor (not just because of his Epic Mickey presence, but overall i just think he is a very interesting and underrepresented character)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom