Stroller when baby sleeping

I'm all ears

Original Poster
i have an 18 month old and this will be the first time we have taken her to Disney. We have arranged some of our restaurant reservations at a time when she will be asleep in the pram but I recently noticed that strollers have to be left outside, does anyone know if this is correct as I will not want to wake my daughter nor have her asleep on my lap whilst I eat dinner. Thank you .

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome to WDWMAGIC!

It varies by restaurant. Some can accommodate strollers, and others have issues with clearance around tables and fire exits etc.

Those that don't allow strollers offer slings, so you can leave the baby in the car seat (if still in one), and then put the car seat in the sling over the chair.

I'm all ears

Original Poster
Welcome to WDWMAGIC!

It varies by restaurant. Some can accommodate strollers, and others have issues with clearance around tables and fire exits etc.

Those that don't allow strollers offer slings, so you can leave the baby in the car seat (if still in one), and then put the car seat in the sling over the chair.
Great thank you. We are travelling from the uk so won't have a car seat and will only have the umbrella style stroller. Is there a list of restaurants which don't allow them as it really wouldn't work out well if my daughter is asleep and then we have to wake her up to take her in the restaurant when we are eating. Thank you for your help I am just trying to work out if we should change dinner reservations just to when she eats but I didn't really want to do that as we have some lovely places booked and we are eating later

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Great thank you. We are travelling from the uk so won't have a car seat and will only have the umbrella style stroller. Is there a list of restaurants which don't allow them as it really wouldn't work out well if my daughter is asleep and then we have to wake her up to take her in the restaurant when we are eating. Thank you for your help I am just trying to work out if we should change dinner reservations just to when she eats but I didn't really want to do that as we have some lovely places booked and we are eating later
Unfortunately I'm not aware of any list.

I would plan on no strollers inside the restaurant. If it comes to the worst and she's asleep, check with the greeter to see if you can get the stroller in. Sometimes they do have specific tables that are stroller accessible.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Which places are you eating at?

correcaminos

I have a somewhat related question, has she slept in a umbrella stroller before? I ask only because my son only slept in one stroller and never at Disney. If you are not used to having your child sleep in a stroller, I would not plan on it.

Also I cannot recall any restaurants that allowed us to take a stroller in. If it was near nap time, my son would sleep on my lap. Happened when lunch ran long a few times when he was 1.5. Sorry to say it sounds like you will likely have to rethink this plan.

I'm all ears

Original Poster
I have a somewhat related question, has she slept in a umbrella stroller before? I ask only because my son only slept in one stroller and never at Disney. If you are not used to having your child sleep in a stroller, I would not plan on it.

Also I cannot recall any restaurants that allowed us to take a stroller in. If it was near nap time, my son would sleep on my lap. Happened when lunch ran long a few times when he was 1.5. Sorry to say it sounds like you will likely have to rethink this plan.

Hi there thank you for the information. She does sleep in the stroller and we recently went on holiday and she easily fell asleep if we were staying out later so that's why we were thinking it would be ok. I will look into this more thank you for your help

correcaminos

Hi there thank you for the information. She does sleep in the stroller and we recently went on holiday and she easily fell asleep if we were staying out later so that's why we were thinking it would be ok. I will look into this more thank you for your help
Good! We found naps are very important on vacation and a lot of people assume their kid will sleep in one when a lot of times they won't. Probably so much going on there too that doesn't help. I hope I didn't sound judgmental just sharing experiences.

I'm all ears

Original Poster
Good! We found naps are very important on vacation and a lot of people assume their kid will sleep in one when a lot of times they won't. Probably so much going on there too that doesn't help. I hope I didn't sound judgmental just sharing experiences.
Oh no not at all, I am grateful for the help. We have been to Disney many times before but this is a new experience with a child.

correcaminos

Oh no not at all, I am grateful for the help. We have been to Disney many times before but this is a new experience with a child.
So glad! It is a new, but totally awesome, experience with your own child. We had a blast with my son at that age! I hope you will as well.

Kristamouse

We have 6 kids and been taking them since the oldest was less than a year.
The best recline umbrella stroller is the Maclaren Techno XLR. My kids can lay all the way back and have the leg rest extended so their legs aren't dangling. A muslin blanket draped over the canopy helps with some buffering of the outside world.
We have taken a sleeping toddler in restrunats with our small and large stroller to accommodate a sleeping baby. Ohana, last January, a slow week, let our then 14mo nap in it.
At Brown Derby in DHS our then 3yo crashed hard. We laid down the cloth napkins on the booth and she slept through the lloonngg lunch. That might have been the best part of that restaurant, we are not fans.
We were able to also take our stroller into the Coral Reef and Whispering Canyon.
Also note that with my last 2 babies our Pediatrician strongly advised not to let small babies sleep in the infant car seats and to avoid long days in car seats. Something about head positioning and neck positioning for breathing. If I'd you are taking an infant, still in and infant seat, don't take the infant seat into the parks. Let the baby lie flat in the stroller.
Hope that helps:)

WDWDreamer4

We have been taking our children to WDW since they were a month old. We never had a restaurant tell us we could not take the stroller in. We have travels in both September and early December, so "slower" times. I would play it by ear and see what happens. You may find that she doesn't sleep when you think she will and then you have changed restaurants for no reason. I would not worry to much about it and deal with the situation when you get to it. Always be pleasant with the CMs and they will try to accommodate you. Enjoy your first trip with you little one, it isn't something you will ever forget!

DiSnEyF@n

Honestly, I would probably assume that almost all sit down restaurants will not allow strollers. If you are going to a quick service restaurant you will be fine bringing it in though.

newhorizons1

I try really hard to keep my little one on a schedule for napping, but when we took him to Disney at 8 months old his schedule was so thrown off that he just napped whenever he could. He did a lot of napping in the stroller fortunately, but instead of his regular two long naps during the day he just took several small naps. The only sit down restaurant that we visited during our trip was Les Chefs de France, and we had to leave his stroller outside. When we arrived he was asleep and my husband stayed with him at his stroller until they told us that our table was ready. Enjoy your trip! I loved taking my son for his first trip. It really is amazing watching Disney through your child's eyes.

Ali Mouse

It does all depend on the restaurant!
Let us bring it in...
Mama Melroses, Coral Reef, Biergarten,Crystal Palace

Did not...
Garden Grill, Sci-Fi diner, Brown Derby
Liberty Tree Tavern let us but we had to wait longer for a different table.

It also depends on the staff and the crowd at the time- someone told me that they couldn't at Crystal Palace...but they let us.
So I guess it all depends! Try calling the individual restaurants that you plan on visiting!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom