Best Places to eat at Universal Orlando

JoeCamel

Mythos or Citywalk those are the options. Then you go to the Hotels, if you like steak then Palm is the place, Emeril's is great as well. You can't go wrong but dining in the parks is limited to Mythos for lunch or Confisco for fajitas. Those are the step above theme park food, at least the quick serve is not outrageous but do yourselves a favor and sample citywalk or the hotels. Great food.

trr1

Mythos or Citywalk those are the options. Then you go to the Hotels, if you like steak then Palm is the place, Emeril's is great as well. You can't go wrong but dining in the parks is limited to Mythos for lunch or Confisco for fajitas. Those are the step above theme park food, at least the quick serve is not outrageous but do yourselves a favor and sample citywalk or the hotels. Great food.
what about the three broomsticks how is the food there

JT3000

You can't go wrong with most of CityWalk's options, even if it means having to leave the park. Otherwise I'd go with Mythos in IOA or Lombard's in USF for sit-down dining. Confisco and Finnegan's aren't terrible either. If you're okay with quick service, the Potter restaurants are probably a step above the other options in quality, assuming you don't have a distaste for British food.

danpam1024

No budget- The Palm or Tchoup Chop.
Budget- the subs at Blondie's are almost as good as Publix (FL peeps LOVE their Publix subs), and at Studio's anything in Springfield is good.
I do agree with the others, CW is the place to go, such a great variety. The only place we don't like is Margaritaville (gave it 2 trys). Cowfish, Vivo, Hard Rock, Toothsome, Antonjitos, and Bob Marley's are all delish.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm always up for Finnegan's, Lombard's Seafood Grill, Springfield, Cowfish, NBC, Hard Rock, and even the Hot Dog Hall of Fame. I'm not terribly fond of the in park BBQ joints though, they're not really great quality in my opinion.

erikjp

what about the three broomsticks how is the food there

I absolutely love Three Broomsticks as well as the Leaky Cauldron. I would however recommend only doing one, since they both have pretty similar menu's. So I would just choose whichever one works best with your overall plan.

sublimesting

We always end up at Mythos twice! Just an overall outstanding place. We also always eat at Lombards. Finnegans was great as well (Scotch eggs). As for the HP restaurants, they aren't on the same level but they are worth it was well (especially for the theming). This year we may try Toothsome as well.

macefamily

Depends on the palate of those in your party. If you have some adventurous eaters, try Cowfish at Citywalk. Lots of interesting burgers and great sushi rolls. You can do the NBC restaurant for a standard chicken/steak/seafood menu. Lombards in Universal Studios is a great seafood place. In Jurassic World in Islands of Adventure we usually stop by Thunder Falls Terrace which has some great BBQ, pizzas, salads, and chicken.

macefamily

Good point. Forgot about Springfield. Selections are good in Moe's sit down cafe. But I am very partial to the fish tacos
on the food truck. Fantastic with an ice cold Duff beer.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Good point. Forgot about Springfield. Selections are good in Moe's sit down cafe. But I am very partial to the fish tacos
on the food truck. Fantastic with an ice cold Duff beer.

I want to like the food truck tacos, but the last two times I stopped there the tacos were so salty that I may as well have been eating a salt lick.

Maddie Terwilliger

Any suggestions on GREAT places to eat at Universal.

I totally agree with JoeCamel about the City Walk. Great options! However most of the restaurants are KINDA small and can fill up extremely quickly lol. It takes good timing. When I visited both universal parks this past December, me and my dad tried our best to escape the Winter Break crowds to find a nice place for lunch and ended up picking the "Classic Monsters Cafe". It was kind of dark (you couldn't really see your food honestly) but it wasn't very full of people so it worked out. The food was pretty good as you can get chicken or ribs with potatoes and stuff like that. if you're looking to escape crowds, there's your place to go.

I have also eaten at the Jurassic Park Cafe twice and it has a pretty cool atmosphere and fairly quick line.

BUT my favorite place so far has been The Three Broomsticks!!!:D I ate there at night for dinner and I was not full AT ALL. The experience at night truly is magical. The food is also absolutely delicious in my opinion. Hope this helps!!!:cat:

disneygeek90

I definitely will be going to Toothsome on our trip in 2 months
Toothsome is fantastic and aside from a few items, very reasonably priced. The flatbreads are amazing, and definitely try the chocolate bread as an appetizer. It's a good size that serves probably 2-3 and I think it's literally $3.

Ghostdog

Original Poster
I totally agree with JoeCamel about the City Walk. Great options! However most of the restaurants are KINDA small and can fill up extremely quickly lol. It takes good timing. When I visited both universal parks this past December, me and my dad tried our best to escape the Winter Break crowds to find a nice place for lunch and ended up picking the "Classic Monsters Cafe". It was kind of dark (you couldn't really see your food honestly) but it wasn't very full of people so it worked out. The food was pretty good as you can get chicken or ribs with potatoes and stuff like that. if you're looking to escape crowds, there's your place to go.

I have also eaten at the Jurassic Park Cafe twice and it has a pretty cool atmosphere and fairly quick line.

BUT my favorite place so far has been The Three Broomsticks!!!:D I ate there at night for dinner and I was not full AT ALL. The experience at night truly is magical. The food is also absolutely delicious in my opinion. Hope this helps!!!:cat:

We'll definitely have to give Three Broomsticks a try at night.

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Toothsome is fantastic and aside from a few items, very reasonably priced. The flatbreads are amazing, and definitely try the chocolate bread as an appetizer. It's a good size that serves probably 2-3 and I think it's literally $3.

This place is on our list. I saw a photo of the shakes, showed the family and they said "We're going there"...LOL

disneygeek90

This place is on our list. I saw a photo of the shakes, showed the family and they said "We're going there"...LOL
I'm not big on sweets and I still loved it for the food alone, so I think that tells you something lol. Didn't try the shakes but they look crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom