Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and WDI Partner on Jungle Cruise Updates

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
From Instagram (click on the pic for the entire story):

"... but what I do know is being able to star in and produce #JungleCruise is a dream come true. BUT what takes this to the next level, is that we'll partner with Disney's brilliant Imagineers to help re-engineer and re-design the #JungleCruise ride in all the Disney theme parks around the world...."

Thoughts?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Frankly it's about time. The last time I rode it at Disneyland (two years ago) it felt dated and almost all of the charm it once had was gone. I don't like that yet another Studio production is driving this project, but at this point it's to be expected.

Interesting that there's a comment on The Rock's Instagram from a former JC skipper who endorses the change.

SSG

For 're-engineer' read 'we'll stick a Rock animatronic doing wacky things in a few scenes; just like shoving Depp into POTC.'

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My feeling: The Jungle Cruise does not need anything re-imagined. It is perfect. The Jingle Cruise is acceptable, especially at Disneyland. Disneyland's Jingle Cruises goes way overboard with decorating and that is a compliment, WDW's is very sparse with the theme. So anyway the Jingle Cruise makes a nice seasonal change on a fantastic attraction.

The only change that should be made is making sure all skippers can deliver a good spiel. The last cruise I got was a girl earning her ears, she was terrible. It was like she had just read the script 2 minutes before driving the boat. I kept telling myself she was new, then I tuned her out and did the spiel inside my head myself.

SSG

Prediction:
Rock animatronic by the Elephant Pool;
Rock animatronic by the Hippos, warning you that hostiles are ahead;
Rock animatronic replaces Trader Sam, and makes witty quips to the passing boats.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Prediction:
Rock animatronic by the Elephant Pool;
Rock animatronic by the Hippos, warning you that hostiles are ahead;
Rock animatronic replaces Trader Sam, and makes witty quips to the passing boats.

If any of these three predictions HAD to be true, there is only one that to me would be only slightly acceptable and that would be the hippo pool one. And that is because at some places in the boat it is difficult to see the hippos in the water something so see above the water would be okay.

Ismael Flores

an indoor scene thru some ruins would be great. As long as they don't remove any of the major scenes or if they do put them back inside the show building.

Wasn't there a huge congress of baboons that had settled in the rock formations before the elephant pool? Now if I remember correctly that congress of baboons is gone.

D

Deleted member 107043

an indoor scene thru some ruins would be great. As long as they don't remove any of the major scenes or if they do put them back inside the show building.

I think an indoor segment would be great! Some less static AAs would be good and updating the way Africans/natives are represented would help the ride tremendously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom