Milk at WDW

mdubm

Original Poster
Okay this may seem like an odd question about a place geared towards kids, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what types of milk are offered. We have a 14 month old who drinks whole milk and a 4 year old who drinks skim. She can have 1% or 2% occasionally. Are these available at restaurants and around, or should I plan on getting milk at the store to bring?

correcaminos

I see mostly 1% and 2%. I've read you can ask for skim, but we've never done that since we're on the other end.

Not an odd question to me, I asked it when I went with my son who was very much still on whole only. We just made do for the week since whole was not there as easily. We did seek out the 2% when possible.

Cookie Galore

I've never had any luck finding whole milk on Disney property. When we travel with a baby we get whole milk and whole milk yogurt delivered by Garden Grocer. Their service is very reliable. The only issue is the length of the trip versus the size of the fridge. The villas have a full size refrigerator so space isn't a problem but if you're just in a room with a mini fridge you may need more than one delivery if your trip is more than a few days long. To me the convenience is worth it since we fly and never have a car.
Garden Grocer also has skim milk and skim milk products.

correcaminos

I've never had any luck finding whole milk on Disney property. When we travel with a baby we get whole milk and whole milk yogurt delivered by Garden Grocer. Their service is very reliable. The only issue is the length of the trip versus the size of the fridge. The villas have a full size refrigerator so space isn't a problem but if you're just in a room with a mini fridge you may need more than one delivery if your trip is more than a few days long. To me the convenience is worth it since we fly and never have a car.
I'm pretty sure we got whole milk by the half gallon at the Beach Club Marketplace last month. I asked my husband and he swore it was whole too. But this was not a small container and neither of us is 100% sure. I cannot for the life of me remember what was offered in the smaller containers. Normally we do a grocery run but being there 2 nights made us just say forget it for such a short stay.

We'll be back in 41 days but I'm sure that's not soon enough to double check. We've done studios with the smaller fridge and half gallons fit fine.

Edit: I checked the grocery delivery online from the DVC site and they DO sell half gallons of whole milk at the DVC locations at least. They also have Skim (Fat Free), 1%, chocolate (low fat), Strawberry, and Soy Milk (Vanilla)

Last edited:

mdubm

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure we got whole milk by the half gallon at the Beach Club Marketplace last month. I asked my husband and he swore it was whole too. But this was not a small container and neither of us is 100% sure. I cannot for the life of me remember what was offered in the smaller containers. Normally we do a grocery run but being there 2 nights made us just say forget it for such a short stay.

We'll be back in 41 days but I'm sure that's not soon enough to double check. We've done studios with the smaller fridge and half gallons fit fine.

Edit: I checked the grocery delivery online from the DVC site and they DO sell half gallons of whole milk at the DVC locations at least. They also have Skim (Fat Free), 1%, chocolate (low fat), Strawberry, and Soy Milk (Vanilla)
Wow! 1. We are going in 41 days. 2. We are staying at YC, so the Beach Club Marketplace will be convenient if I can't find it at YC. We are there for 5 days in a club level room, so will have the mini fridge, but hopefully won't need to put much else in the fridge. We are just in a predicament because my son will be 14 months, so still very much in need of whole milk, and my daughter is 4, so too old for whole, but can get by on 1 or 2%.

Thanks for the info!

correcaminos

Wow! 1. We are going in 41 days. 2. We are staying at YC, so the Beach Club Marketplace will be convenient if I can't find it at YC. We are there for 5 days in a club level room, so will have the mini fridge, but hopefully won't need to put much else in the fridge. We are just in a predicament because my son will be 14 months, so still very much in need of whole milk, and my daughter is 4, so too old for whole, but can get by on 1 or 2%.

Thanks for the info!
Oh how fun! Yes, the marketplace will be super convenient for you! If you happen to have an AP it's 20% off there too right now. I understand about the desire for certain milks at certain ages. As I said our 9yo still gets whole at home, but not as picky out and about. Most restaurants are 1 or 2% You can likely ask for whole or skim at sit downs. The carton/jug milks are at the QS locations so it's more of what they have on hand.

I hope you have a fantastic trip! Maybe we'll see you at Storm Along Bay! (look for a tall for 9 redheaded boy in neon yellow with 2 brunette parents - all tan well due to Mediterranean/Caribbean backgrounds)

nickys

Premium Member

Thanks for the info!

You can also get the mini cartons. Pretty sure you can get whole and either 1% or 2% at least. Not sure if YC has it's own shop that sells snacks etc. Probably not the full stock that Marketplace has b/c of the villas at BC.

DisneyDreamer08

Okay this may seem like an odd question about a place geared towards kids, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what types of milk are offered. We have a 14 month old who drinks whole milk and a 4 year old who drinks skim. She can have 1% or 2% occasionally. Are these available at restaurants and around, or should I plan on getting milk at the store to bring?

I think its funny you started by saying, this may seem like an odd question.... I think any mom reading this would think, totally normal question :) We went to Disney last September, leaving on the 23rd. My youngest daughter turned one on September 16th. I actually kept her on a formula for a few extra weeks (til the day we got home on 10/1) for this very reason. I knew it would be easier packing formula than searching for whole milk. Just a bit of a side note, we invested in HydroFlask water bottles several years. We bought them specifically for Disney but we use them quite often at home too. When we have a zoo day for example, I can fill it with milk, pop in a few ice cubes, and the milk stays ice cold all day. Even in the hot Florida sun, our drinks stay icy cold all day :)

mouse_luv

Not all villas have a full size fridge. The studios have a mini fridge.

mouse_luv

Your best bet would be something like this as far as whole milk goes, you could get it delivered to your resort, and it's shelf stable so you don't have to worry about them keeping it cold until you get it. And depending on the size of the fridge in your room it's more convenient for that too. https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Valley-Whole-Milk-6-75/dp/B00WVSNJ8Y?th=1

Cookie Galore

Not all villas have a full size fridge. The studios have a mini fridge.
I do know that. I always refer to the studios specifically as "studios" so I wasn't including them in my thought when I mentioned "villas". I think of "villas" as the ones with a full kitchen and a living room separate from the bedroom. I'll keep in mind in the future that not everyone separates the two when referring to "villas".

Cookie Galore

Thanks for the info!
There is both whole and skim milk available in the club level lounge at Yacht Club. They only put out the low fat ( I can't recall whether it's 1% or 2%) but you can request the others from a lounge cast member and they'll go get it from their service room. The lounge isn't open between 10PM and 7AM so you'll need to plan for those hours. It also shuts down for an hour twice a day.

mouse_luv

I do know that. I always refer to the studios specifically as "studios" so I wasn't including them in my thought when I mentioned "villas". I think of "villas" as the ones with a full kitchen and a living room separate from the bedroom. I'll keep in mind in the future that not everyone separates the two when referring to "villas".
Not everyone does because they're ALL villas, so perhaps you should just refer to them all correctly by changing your way of thinking, and it will be easier for all. :rolleyes:

mdubm

Original Poster
There is both whole and skim milk available in the club level lounge at Yacht Club. They only put out the low fat ( I can't recall whether it's 1% or 2%) but you can request the others from a lounge cast member and they'll go get it from their service room. The lounge isn't open between 10PM and 7AM so you'll need to plan for those hours. It also shuts down for an hour twice a day.
This is so good to know! He only has milk 3x a day, so we can try and work around this. Do you think they'd give me like 3 cartons to take back to the room?

Cookie Galore

This is so good to know! He only has milk 3x a day, so we can try and work around this. Do you think they'd give me like 3 cartons to take back to the room?
I'm not sure that every type comes in individual containers. I've only seen them bring out a small pitcher upon request. They're very generous though so I feel certain that 3 times a day will be no problem. I just don't know if there are cartons. They do always have to-go cups with lids in the lounge so maybe you could make those work.

correcaminos

I'm not sure that every type comes in individual containers. I've only seen them bring out a small pitcher upon request. They're very generous though so I feel certain that 3 times a day will be no problem. I just don't know if there are cartons. They do always have to-go cups with lids in the lounge so maybe you could make those work.
It has been so long since we did club level (thanks to DVC) I forgot about the cookies and milk. I am sure based on our history (and probably yours) that the CMs at the club lounge will be more than helpful this kind of a request. The to go cups should work too.

Your best bet would be something like this as far as whole milk goes, you could get it delivered to your resort, and it's shelf stable so you don't have to worry about them keeping it cold until you get it. And depending on the size of the fridge in your room it's more convenient for that too. https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Valley-Whole-Milk-6-75/dp/B00WVSNJ8Y?th=1
These are great, but as an FYI to the OP they do taste differently than refrigerated milk. The first few times my son was not a huge fan of them but he got used to it and became a great option for his lunches at preschool (no cafeteria)

Thanks for the info!
I have the same family as you but opposite genders lol 4 year old boy and 14 month old girl. we are going in 20 days.

DiSnEyF@n

Thanks for the info!

You should definitely be able to fit two 1/2 gallons in the mini fridge in your room. Have fun! What great ages both your kids are for Disney and the YC is my super duper favorite! Great location and pool! Have fun!

mdubm

Original Poster
You should definitely be able to fit two 1/2 gallons in the mini fridge in your room. Have fun! What great ages both your kids are for Disney and the YC is my super duper favorite! Great location and pool! Have fun!
Thanks for the input! YC has been on my bucket list for so long, so I'm sooooo excited! I think we'll be okay for my older daughter, just mainly concerned with the whole milk for my son.

DiSnEyF@n

Thanks for the input! YC has been on my bucket list for so long, so I'm sooooo excited! I think we'll be okay for my older daughter, just mainly concerned with the whole milk for my son.

I guess what I meant when I said two would fit is that if you wanted to buy two 1/2 gallons of whole milk for your son at one time then you could fit both!! Lol

Also, I used to stay at the YC with my parents when I was little and LOVED it. We usually stay at the Swan and Dolphin (right next to YC) and I walk by it yearning to be staying there instead... But it's nice to walk by it at least. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom