Paris vacation package

JS514

Original Poster
So, my wife and are starting to look into making the trek to Paris possibly next year. We definitely want to stay at a Disney resort and have DLP be the main focus of the trip, but we want to sightsee in the city, as well. It seems as though looking up vacation packages online never gives me the option on booking a Disney hotel, other than booking through Disney, which in turn doesn't give me the option to add other Paris things as part of a package type deal, which obviously makes sense, but does anyone know of a place out there that would give me the option? Would it be best just to go through a travel agent? I thought I'd check here first, because booking and searching online is much easier than having to go through a TA.

Thank you!

GiveMeTheMusic

So, my wife and are starting to look into making the trek to Paris possibly next year. We definitely want to stay at a Disney resort and have DLP be the main focus of the trip, but we want to sightsee in the city, as well. It seems as though looking up vacation packages online never gives me the option on booking a Disney hotel, other than booking through Disney, which in turn doesn't give me the option to add other Paris things as part of a package type deal, which obviously makes sense, but does anyone know of a place out there that would give me the option? Would it be best just to go through a travel agent? I thought I'd check here first, because booking and searching online is much easier than having to go through a TA.

Thank you!

I would not recommend making DLP the focus of your first trip to Paris. Paris is an incredible destination on its own without DLP and running out of things to see and do there could take weeks. I would recommend staying in Paris for the portion of your trip that you want to see Paris, and staying at DLP for the portion of your trip that you want to see DLP. DLP isn't a good home base for seeing Paris as it's 30 minutes outside of the city and the Disney hotels are ridiculously overpriced. You'll save a lot of time, money and frustration by splitting your stay.

Songbird76

I actually just booked a DLP vacation today and after I chose room and meal options it brought me to a page where I could do day trips to Paris or to other places in the area. You don't get there until you've selected your everything for your Disney trip, but of course before you've finalized everything. You could probably check out the options and just abandon it before paying/finalizing.

PiratesMansion

You could stay in Val d'Europe for DLP. It's a train stop away, maybe even walkable, and it's much cheaper than the Disney hotels.

You might consider looking at some of the attractions in Paris and organize your own itinerary outside of a package. Unless you're set on getting a package of some kind, it would probably drive up the cost for a negligible benefit. I found Paris to be very easy to get around, and there were different tickets that combined several of the most popular sites. The Paris Museum Pass was an affordable way to see many of the top sites. We were there for 3 days and saw the Catecombs, the Eiffel Tower, Versailles, Notre Dame, The Louvre, Orsay, Pompidou, Sacre Couer, and many other things easily on our own.

DLP is definitely a place to smell the roses and explore (and do the Studios as quickly as you can, then get out and ignore it the rest of your trip). If you enjoy exploring and taking in the details, you could easily fill 3-4 days, but more than that is probably overkill.

JS514

Original Poster
Thank you all! Paris is new territory for us and its always unnerving trying to figure out how to get around/do things in such a different place. I appreciate all of the information.

JillC LI

I would not recommend making DLP the focus of your first trip to Paris. Paris is an incredible destination on its own without DLP and running out of things to see and do there could take weeks. I would recommend staying in Paris for the portion of your trip that you want to see Paris, and staying at DLP for the portion of your trip that you want to see DLP. DLP isn't a good home base for seeing Paris as it's 30 minutes outside of the city and the Disney hotels are ridiculously overpriced. You'll save a lot of time, money and frustration by splitting your stay.

I agree with this. Stay in Paris, see Paris, and make a side trip of a day or two to DLP. That's what we did in the summer of 2015.

Rapunzel287

You could stay in Val d'Europe for DLP. It's a train stop away, maybe even walkable, and it's much cheaper than the Disney hotels.

You might consider looking at some of the attractions in Paris and organize your own itinerary outside of a package. Unless you're set on getting a package of some kind, it would probably drive up the cost for a negligible benefit.

That's what I would recommend, too. The hotels in Val d'Europe are pretty nice and, as mentioned before, much cheaper.
When you want to organize your city trip by yourself, maybe those hop-on/hop-off bus tours are a good option for you to experience the city?

Rapunzel287

Oops, something went wrong with the quotation.... :confused:
Here's what I wanted to write under the quote from PiratesMansion:

That's what I would recommend, too. The hotels in Val d'Europe are pretty nice and, as mentioned before, much cheaper.
When you want to organize your city trip by yourself, maybe those hop-on/hop-off bus tours are a good option for you to experience the city?

And now I'm going to check the help-threads to improve my quotation-skills ;).

Songbird76

I've been to Paris twice now and still haven't seen everything I want to see. (never been to DLP though) I would caution you to do your research, though. We got the museum pass, thinking it enabled us to see a lot of things, but what they don't tell you is that you don't NEED to pay for everything. For example, it DID get us in to the Louvre, but we didn't need it to get into Notre Dame, but once we got into Notre Dam, it did NOT cover a tour of the treasury. And it didn't entitle us to go to use the elevators to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower...that still cost extra. So do your research and find out exactly what ALL the costs are for the things you want to see, and then see if the museum pass covers all those things and whether it is worth it. It turned out not being worth it for us, but it was too late because we had already bought them. There were a lot of places listed on the museum pass that you don't actually have to pay for, but then the things it DOES get you entry to, there might be an extra cost for something there. Also look at opening times and events....I have yet to really see the inside of Sacre Coeur because the first time they were cleaning the frescoes and had scaffolding all over inside, and the 2nd, they were having a service there...I picked the wrong day/time to go. Learn from my mistakes. This is why I am an UBER planner now. I'm not a commando traveler, but I do make copious lists, generally color-coded and quite extensive. This is why my current DLP planning is freaking me out...they don't list park hours and such until 3 months out, so I can't start on my lists.

Tinkerkelle

Just booked our Paris trip. Booked 4 nights at a DLP hotel through the official DLP website then 3 nights in a hotel in Paris separately. The rer train is very inexpensive, easy to use and the station is right by the park. I looked at the Paris pass and found it didn't meet our needs. A little bit of research on the sights you want to see will probably help you decide.
Enjoy!

JS514

Original Poster
Thank you everyone! Unfortunately, our Paris trip has been pushed back to possibly 2019, but we are still planning to go. At least it will give me even more time to save and plan. Again, thank you everyone for your suggestions...they've helped tremendously.

PacNWTigger

I highly recommend using the RER while you're there. We staying at a "good neighbor" DLP hotel in 2015, and took the RER into Paris. We booked through Expedia and were able to get tickets for an Eiffel Tower tour, River Seine cruise, Louvre tickets through them. The tours were nice because you get more information, and it was exceptional for the Louvre because they took you to the highlights before you get turned loose to explore the rest of the museum. We were also able to go to Versailles using RER. We packed a lot of Paris in for 3 days, and did DLP for 2 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom