Free Dining News????

Tyaloo

Really, @PrincessL - do tell! I have tried to do that in the past and could not find an option (to apply the discount to your reservation online).

Which screen did you find that in? Your cart?

I'm glad it worked for you!!

Upvote 0

PrincessL

Really, @PrincessL - do tell! I have tried to do that in the past and could not find an option (to apply the discount to your reservation online).

Which screen did you find that in? Your cart?

I'm glad it worked for you!!

Under "My Disney Experience" on the top right corner of the website is a "my reservations and tickets." Then under the confirmation number there were 2 blue links "change reservation" or "cancel reservation."

Hope that helps! Good luck:)

Upvote 0

GrimGrinningGhost15

I have been calling any and all numbers for 2 hours now, and the tried the Chat. According to the person I chatted with, their website is experiencing issues so I cannot add free dining to my existing reservation. Did anyone else call in? If so, what number did you use? I just keep getting busy signals on every number I try, including the one the cast member gave me via chat.

Upvote 0

Chaset24

I was able to call in almost an hour ago.. Every other time I tried I got a busy signal.. When I got through I got a message saying there would be a 2 hour and 30 minute wait.. I am still on hold, but I hope I am able to speak to somebody soon.. :banghead::banghead:;)

Upvote 0

T-BoneMickeyFan

I was able to call in almost an hour ago.. Every other time I tried I got a busy signal.. When I got through I got a message saying there would be a 2 hour and 30 minute wait.. I am still on hold, but I hope I am able to speak to somebody soon.. :banghead::banghead:;)
Prices have gone up $2,000 since this morning on my planned trip

Upvote 0

GrimGrinningGhost15

How long did you end up waiting? I finally got through (after trying since 6am) and have been on hold for 35 minutes so far. I was hoping to get it taken care of early this morning so I didn't have to sit on hold at work.... whoops! Thank god for iphone head phones, so I look like I am casually listening to music and not just sitting on the phone :joyfull:

Upvote 0

KCheatle

After 50+ calls (not exaggerating) I finally got through. They said it would be a 2 1/2 hour wait. It took 1 1/2 hours, but I finally got through. Free dining applied! I love hearing that before and after total :D:D

Upvote 0

Raegansmommy

Do you think the rooms are all sold out already? Just looking online, but I can't get a room at Coronado or Caribbean Beach. They are not showing any rooms available.

Upvote 0

GrimGrinningGhost15

Do you think the rooms are all sold out already? Just looking online, but I can't get a room at Coronado or Caribbean Beach. They are not showing any rooms available.

They are all booked for any free dining rooms. I had made a reservation at coronado a few months ago, and when I finally got through to add free dining they said that all resorts were at the max allowed rooms.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I booked Coronado this morning with free dining at about 9:30 online. 9 day stay. There were plenty of rooms when I booked. (Late August-September)

Upvote 0

Tyaloo

@PrincessL I didn't have a pre-existing reservation. I have tried that in the past but was unsuccessful! I'm happy to hear that it is working for people now, and I was curious as to how you did it online :)!

I did manage to get a FD room though - phew! So crazy today!

Upvote 0

officialtom

Checked at 7am Atlantic and saw Free Dining. Booted up my laptop, checked dates and resorts, and nothing available. Turns out we arrive Nov 28, which of course is the start of one of the little blackout periods. Our flights are booked (on points, so I booked early), so I'm not looking to change dates. So just for fun (to make me feel better), I reserved at POFQ -- just a regular package, and the price actually isn't terrible. But in the end, we want to stay somewhere with quiet pools (POR was our original plan and there are no rooms available for our dates).

My cousin just so happens to be midway through renting DVC points for the first time, and is expecting to get a pretty good deal. We chatted a bit this morning and then I went on the site and did some calculations. Looks like for the Boardwalk or Saratoga, with Canadian resident tickets (25% off) and dining added, it'll be quite a bit cheaper than free dining if I changed our dates (and I'd also need to factor in flight change fees). It'll also be about $1000 cheaper than the POFQ reservation I made today. So I sent in the reservation form for Boardwalk points as the first choice, Saratoga as the second, and we'll see what happens!

Update: Secured points for Saratoga! Looking forward to it. Our first time there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom