Volcano Bay

rushtest4echo

Its not like any of the Disney castle shows actually tell a real story nor does fantasmic which is loosely ties things together. Its not like Illumination tells a story either...

lastly, why would they bring clip montages to Volcano Bay. That makes no sense what so ever.

If you can't find the story in at least Tokyo's Once Upon a Time (which has a wonderful story that was hacked to death here in Orlando) then I don't know what to say. If you can't figure out the story in IllumiNations then I'm guessing you haven't looked into it or haven't paid much attention. Even my brother (who isn't into Disney) knew what IlliumiNations was about after seeing it. Granted, most people seem to miss the story, but it's certainly there even if it's a bit too "high brow" for the common herd. Fantasmic isn't too compelling story wise, but it was their first attempt that was conceptualized nearly 30 years ago. Rivers of Light is totally abstract though, no real story there. I'm not a huge fan of the original World of Color either, they went all in on the clip montage/"feeling" themes too. Poor showing IMO despite the great technology.

About the clip montage for VB, I was being facetious. Just a jab at Universal's over-reliance on the story of a movie clip montage, which is all they've seemingly ever done for night time shows (except for Spectrablast, which at least tried with a story despite how utterly terrible that show was). My point was that Universal's crutch of using montages doesn't interest me. GIven the lackluster response from guests for CIneSphere and the subsequent replacements, I'm assuming that most people don't find their offerings all that compelling either. The lakefront is usually sparsely populated during the show, and most of the time we've stopped to watch it most people didn't seem to notice or care. That's not the case down the street or even when Sea World used to have a night show (which frankly was worse than the Universal ones).

If Universal were to throw something like World of Color into Islands of Adventure and have it themed to each of the Islands, I think it could be a fantastic show. Even if the "story" is nothing much more than visiting all of the islands with some made up explorer character. Just don't fall back on the clip montages please. I'm rooting for Volcano Bay to have a compelling night show, as it will be Universal's first one here in the states.:p

Last edited:

Quinnmac000

C8q95ndUQAA9yul.jpg

C8qaepJW0AEQKSc.jpg

C8qaewJXkAA-qpN.jpg

Last edited:

trr1

pricing for cabanas found here plus other info about Volcano bay

How much does all of this cost?
How much you pay for a cabana depends on two factors: when you go and what kind of unit you’d prefer. A single cabana, which holds up to six people, comes in a couple of different flavors. A stand-alone building (for more privacy) or the ground floor of a two-story unit (for convenience and accessibility, though you’ll more than likely be sharing the second level with another group) both start at $159.99 and go all the way up to $449.99 per day. The upper level (which, Universal promises, will offer spectacular views) will cost you anywhere from $199.99 to $549.99.

A family suite cabana, meanwhile, holds up to 16 people and will automatically grant you a large stand-alone building. Pricing here starts at $299.99 and can reach at least $599.99.

(It looks like Universal has 11 single cabanas, 18 two-story ones, and just two[!] family units. This goes a long way to explaining the various price levels.)

Finally, premium seating, which is also date-specific, ranges from $29.99 to $69.99 per day.

Here are two important notes with this pricing. First and foremost, we strongly recommend that, if interested in either of these premium add-ons, you book them as early as you possibly can, preferably when you buy your theme and water park tickets; Universal clearly expects these items to sell out, particularly during the summer. And, secondly, if you need to cancel for any reason, you have 72 hours before the date of your reservation to do so.

danpam1024

How much you pay for a cabana depends on two factors: when you go and what kind of unit you’d prefer. A single cabana, which holds up to six people, comes in a couple of different flavors. A stand-alone building (for more privacy) or the ground floor of a two-story unit (for convenience and accessibility, though you’ll more than likely be sharing the second level with another group) both start at $159.99 and go all the way up to $449.99 per day. The upper level (which, Universal promises, will offer spectacular views) will cost you anywhere from $199.99 to $549.99.

A family suite cabana, meanwhile, holds up to 16 people and will automatically grant you a large stand-alone building. Pricing here starts at $299.99 and can reach at least $599.99.

(It looks like Universal has 11 single cabanas, 18 two-story ones, and just two[!] family units. This goes a long way to explaining the various price levels.)

Finally, premium seating, which is also date-specific, ranges from $29.99 to $69.99 per day.

Here are two important notes with this pricing. First and foremost, we strongly recommend that, if interested in either of these premium add-ons, you book them as early as you possibly can, preferably when you buy your theme and water park tickets; Universal clearly expects these items to sell out, particularly during the summer. And, secondly, if you need to cancel for any reason, you have 72 hours before the date of your reservation to do so.
2 story cabanas! I can NOT wait to check this place out!

BubbaQuest

start at $159.99 and go all the way up to $449.99 per day. The upper level (which, Universal promises, will offer spectacular views) will cost you anywhere from $199.99 to $549.99.

Maybe I'm numb because of Las Vegas cabana prices, but these sound pretty reasonable. $159 with seating for six and a concierge? What a deal! Although that's probably for a Tuesday in November :)

JoeCamel

Maybe I'm numb because of Las Vegas cabana prices, but these sound pretty reasonable. $159 with seating for six and a concierge? What a deal! Although that's probably for a Tuesday in November :)
Yeah, even at high season it is not $650 for a cloth tent on asphalt with cloaking devices around them

rushtest4echo

I did a bit of work at Volcano Bay yesterday, but didn't get to go up into the Volcano like I thought I might (they're still not done with the staircases going up, so no dice for me till those are done). Since there are plenty of reports/people inside the park training now, I guess I'm not revealing anything to terribly proprietary now.

30 days out and:

- Lots of lifeguard training everywhere
- Most of the slides not inside the Volcano seem pretty much ready to go, I'm pretty disappointed at the complete lack of theming throughout the queues and at the top of the slides. Views of the surrounding area remind me of the view from Dragons (as in, pretty crappy).
- Aside from cosmetic stuff, it looks like all of the eateries, shops, restrooms, and such will be ready very shortly
- Lack of any appropriate theming for the handrails is lame (just 2X2's and 2X4's, could/should have been bamboo or steel painted to look like bamboo).
- The mats for the mat racer and the hydromagnettic were supposed to be themed, is that out the door now? Standard unthemed rafts are making the rounds right now. The little manta mats would have been cool.
- Honu looks out of control (not in a good way, lol) they'll need to install some scrub pads and/or remove a bit of the clear coat to slow the rafts down, as right now the rafts are practically shooting out of the trough in more than one place! And here I was wondering if the rafts had enough speed to make the second lip any fun- they have too much speed!
- Lots of foliage was being installed, though much of it was very brownish. Not too apt at botany, but should the bambooish looking stuff be all brown?
- Lots more vinyl wraps to be installed all over the park.
- It's always creepy to see the algae ridden water in a water park before they put in the appropriate chemicals to clear it up. Stinky too! This is common though, happens everywhere even your own pool if you let it sit long enough.
- The entrance plaza looks much bigger in person, and a huge portion of the park seems to be about eating/lounging around. That'll be great since there will inevitably be more people down there waiting for a time slot to ride stuff.
- There's a rather sizable plot of land between the Loews/merchandise complex that looks ripe for a VB expansion!

I hope all of that doesn't come off as negative, those are just the things that stood out to me. As long as they get (a lot) more tall foliage into the park, most of the poor views will be mitigated. I can't wait to see the finished product in a few weeks time! I hope everything on the Volcano is ready to go soon, it just doesn't look like it'll be ready in the next week or two and that's pretty much necessary to get everything inspected/permitted and train the lifeguards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom