Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

DznyRktekt

At breakfast this morning they had screens down to block the wind coming off Bay Lake.

View attachment 194169

You can see on the rafters above that there are heaters. Also, after you order they bring it to your table with cloth napkins and real silverware. Another great touch!

The portion sizes are very good. For dinner last night we had the salmon BLT, smoked turkey sandwich and the classic bacon cheeseburger with waffle fries. All fantastic! I also had the quinoa salad and it was great. Also, it was cold last night and the staff brought out blankets for those that needed them!

For breakfast all the choices looked good. I chose the scrambled eggs, potato hash, bacon and cheddar biscuit. Yum!

View attachment 194170
This looks great!

flyerjab

Eventually, the five tables setup right beside the lake will be the prime sought after tables at Geyser Point.

IMG_6894.JPG

We were just sitting here enjoying some drinks and watching the boats. In the distance you could hear the train whistle. It was wonderful.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Mar 17. Concur with @flyerjab, these tables by the lake at Geyser Point will be very popular.

IMG_9378.JPG

IMG_9379.JPG

A view of the new pool area and cabins under construction in front of Boulder Ridge DVC. Geyser Point is the large building on the left.

IMG_9370.JPG

A view through the construction fence of the rock work around the new pool area. Faux moss covers the tops of the rocks as with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Avatar land.

IMG_9372.JPG

The replacement lamp posts are more "in theme."

IMG_9375.JPG

A new boardwalk is being constructed to connect the west cabins with the existing boat dock.

IMG_9380.JPG

An updated view of the cabins from the monorail.
IMG_9383.JPG

note2001

Photo update as of Friday, Mar 17.

A view of the new pool area and cabins under construction in front of Boulder Ridge DVC. Geyser Point is the large building on the left.

View attachment 194336

Look! Trees!
Half of what I see there around the first cabin look like fast growing southern pines. That's a good sign. Here's hoping they replant the rest of the stripped land with the same density.

DVC Mike

Below is the official count of rooms by DVC. They match the numbers I published on Wednesday morning, except they count the cabins as dedicated 2-bedroom units and don't break them out separately as I do (26 cabins and 56 dedicated 2-bedroom = 82).

CCV Room Inventory.jpg

Alexi

I've always loved the Wilderness Lodge. The one place I love more than Disney World though is the pacific northwest, so I can't wait to stay in the new DVC rooms that are inspired by that area.

J2theGo

Is it just me? I'm just not impressed with the new DVC rooms. The cabins look great, but I feel like they went cheap with the bedrooms especially. I kind of feel like all the stuff in the rooms could be purchased at Target or Home Depot. They are nice, but not up to Disney quality I would expect. I think the plain beige drywall walls kill it for me. They don't say midwest lodge or cabin or wilderness at all to me, they say nice apartment.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm visiting my sales guy Tuesday, so I'll be able to check out the mockups. The cabins look nice from the outside. I'm tempted to walk down to Geyeser Point after the construction crew leaves for the day to see if I can sneak a peek - many of them look completed on the outside. The pool, still a big concrete hole - but it looks like the rock walls are almost done.

Pictures from my room...

20170421_124752.jpg

Attachments

• 20170421_124805.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47

ToTBellHop

Is it just me? I'm just not impressed with the new DVC rooms. The cabins look great, but I feel like they went cheap with the bedrooms especially. I kind of feel like all the stuff in the rooms could be purchased at Target or Home Depot. They are nice, but not up to Disney quality I would expect. I think the plain beige drywall walls kill it for me. They don't say midwest lodge or cabin or wilderness at all to me, they say nice apartment.
I don't know. They look contemporary rustic to me. Which is the theme. Granted I don't particularly LIKE the theme.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
HUGE Wilderness Lodge fan here and ......Ugh...sorry disappointed....I don't even see contemporary rustic theme here.....and the WIlderness Lodge is supposed to be inspired by the National Parks and Yellowstone......compared to the tradition of the Wilderness Lodge and all its refurbs over the years, this falls way short in my opinion. Its like the decorator had a blank canvas and threw a coverlet on the bed with a kilim print and other than that? I doesn't say wilderness lodge to me at all....oh except the view outside the window. Yes it looks new and neutral but where is the creativity and theming elements that are Disney? If you want contemporary then GO to the contemporary DVC Villas...o_Oo_Oo_O. Nothing in this space says Disney to me.... :bored:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom