2016 Lawsuits against Disney

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
My favorite lawsuit in here so far is still the one where the snake bit someone and that person supposedly died right before the family decided to enjoy the rest of their day in the park.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My favorite lawsuit in here so far is still the one where the snake bit someone and that person supposedly died right before the family decided to enjoy the rest of their day in the park.

That's not what happened. A snake fell out of a tree, bit a child, the grandmother was so upset she had a heart attack later that day and died in the hospital a few days after that. The family, however, did return to the park after the grandmother complained about chest pains or something like that. But it was Disney s fault because they should have known a wild snake might live in Florida.....and fall out of a tree...

GCTales

That's not what happened. A snake fell out of a tree, bit a child, the grandmother was so upset she had a heart attack later that day and died in the hospital a few days after that. The family, however, did return to the park after the grandmother complained about chest pains or something like that. But it was Disney s fault because they should have known a wild snake might live in Florida.....and fall out of a tree...
See, now if Disney had just activated the animal /rain repulsed dome this never would have happened!!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Or how about a cell phone? I wouldn't be opposed to having them disallowing cell phones on rides like Everest. It's dangerous. And if I got whacked by one- even if it didn't seriously hurt me, I'd report it for sure- if no other reason than for when someone does get seriously hurt it'll have multiple reported injuries on record so it promotes change in the future. "Disney had 14 injuries previously reported on Everest from cell phones before mr. xyz lost his eye yet still allowed cell phones to be carried during the ride"

Truth be told- if a nice cell phone injury on a ride created change to not allow cell phones on ALL rides while in motion, it wouldn't break my heart. I mean, come on tourist- do you really think your iPhone is going to Be better quality than the 4K videos of Wishes and pirates of the Caribbean on YouTube already?

Not to mention also solving the problem of idiots taking flash photos on dark rides...

Cesar R M

Most of these guests had the infamous "pre-existing condition" and perhaps should have heeded any warnings posted for the ride (s)? Like maybe an 89 year old might not want to ride Soarin'?

I'd like to know how the guy hit his head on Everest. Was he somehow able to defeat the lap bar and stand up? Or did he bump his head on the headrest during a bumpy ride...and tell a CM he hit his head....:rolleyes:

Yeah, the pelvis pain one was a tad over the top.

Wonder how many of these will result in a lawsuit. Better call John before he decides to run for office....
I still wonder what is a "pre-existing condition" in these cases.
They mention preexisting as in part of the issues they had. or they had general type of pre existing conditions?
Example of a) Man hurts back riding big thunder.. he had weak bones and back issues.
Example of b) Man hurts back riding big thunder.. he had diabetes.

And I agree on the Everest case, Darwin awards are something completely different in these kind of accident classification.
I still remember when people were outright trying to wiggle the swinging motion on the dwarf mine train ride to try to touch the walls and animatronics.

As for the resume.. seems almost all of the people hurt were either very elderly (who fell down) or had illness already.

Cesar R M

Oh, how sadly true.

I guess my daughter should be lucky the guy sitting behind her on Space Mountain didn't mind getting sprinkled with the pixie dust she'd gotten showered on her head right before she got on. It was funny, he had glitter all over his face....
did he ended looking fabulous? XD

See, now if Disney had just activated the animal /rain repulsed dome this never would have happened!!!
I heard they have this magic at Harry Potter . With active Aurors protecting the muggles from these pesky issues of Florida

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom