News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah, the question is how? Is this going to be almost a video game like Experience? How extensive is this? Is it a sandbox, or is there an assigned route and you can move it within perimeters? So many questions! Also the targeting of the other 5 people is another thing. What are you going to be up to? Exciting!

This is what I've talked about too, Story Engine is attraction 3. It's one thing if those characters are walking around, it's another thing if one comes up to you and knows your name and what you've been up to. You could conceivably spend days in Star Wars Experience using Story Engine. I expect a plentitude of APs to basically get addicted to Story Engine...

It may have been said previously, but here is my take:

What I understood from the SWC panel is that it'll be a cross between a sandbox and a predefined route. Basically where you get a free world but with limitations including the ability of crashing the Falcon but continuing with damage.

Also I took from the panel that every interaction we have with SWL will build upon everything else. So if you go in the Falcon and start attacking Rebels you get one story path in the rest of SWL, and if you attack First Order, you go down a different story path. And everything in-between. Its true immersion, with the ability to have your world around your change and interact with you. Its truly going to be amazing.

Old Mouseketeer

It may have been said previously, but here is my take:

What I understood from the SWC panel is that it'll be a cross between a sandbox and a predefined route. Basically where you get a free world but with limitations including the ability of crashing the Falcon but continuing with damage.

Also I took from the panel that every interaction we have with SWL will build upon everything else. So if you go in the Falcon and start attacking Rebels you get one story path in the rest of SWL, and if you attack First Order, you go down a different story path. And everything in-between. Its true immersion, with the ability to have your world around your change and interact with you. Its truly going to be amazing.

I think there will probably be limited paths. In many ways, Star Tours 2.0 is not much different than Kinoautomat which was featured in the Czech Pavilion at three world's fairs from 1967 to 1974. The story featured nine decision points where the audience could press one of two buttons at their seat. But both alternatives ended at the same decision point.

The difference for MF is that with digital projection and Disney's seamless branching technology, the only limit would be how many scenes they want to produce. A major decision like light or dark side would be an interesting starting point. And, of course, the opportunity to expand and change the options, like ST 2.0, is a given. Also, you might not get the same outcome if you made exactly the same choices!

In short, this could be the antidote to the problem with non-repeatability of 3-D film attractions like ITTBAB and Eo.

NobodyElse

I think there will probably be limited paths. In many ways, Star Tours 2.0 is not much different than Kinoautomat which was featured in the Czech Pavilion at three world's fairs from 1967 to 1974. The story featured nine decision points where the audience could press one of two buttons at their seat. But both alternatives ended at the same decision point.

The difference for MF is that with digital projection and Disney's seamless branching technology, the only limit would be how many scenes they want to produce. A major decision like light or dark side would be an interesting starting point. And, of course, the opportunity to expand and change the options, like ST 2.0, is a given. Also, you might not get the same outcome if you made exactly the same choices!

In short, this could be the antidote to the problem with non-repeatability of 3-D film attractions like ITTBAB and Eo.

I keep thinking of this:

Space_Ace_arcade_flyer.jpg

TP2000

Something something something lady blogger something something concrete okay here you go.

Are you impersonating me? :D

But seriously, this lady blogger is really the best out there. And she often visits on weekday afternoons when there is still lots of construction stuff going on, making the video much more interesting.

And at the 0:30 mark of this video you can see the big progress on this "Alcatraz" ride and all the bizarre and heavy duty construction going into this thing. That rotating salad bar has turned into something that looks built to withstand a North Korean nuclear bomb, and it must play a very unique and specialized role in this attraction's ride system. An elevator to move heavy vehicles from one level to another? A high strength loading platform of some kind? A revolving set piece engineered for massive stresses?

That Alcatraz ride seems to be the most complicated thing Disney has ever built, just judging by the construction techniques on display at this early stage.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

Last week it was revealed that a SW themed hotel is in development for DHS, presumably as part of SW Land.

View attachment 200928
It's probably unlikely they'll bring this to Anaheim, but one can hope.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.bus...star-wars-starship-luxury-resort-hotel-2017-4
It is being discussed in the forums on this thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/star-wars-all-inclusive-star-ship-resort.926270/
In case you want some more information.

D

Deleted member 107043

It's a bit concerning for me that this is rumored to be a Star Wars "Story Experience" hotel. I have absolutely zero desire to become part of some elaborate, live action, role play. And to ask me to pay $1000 per person for 2 nights to do so?

Imagine the level of geekery that'll be in that place. It could be a fun to visit, but the cosplaying nerds will surely make it intolerable for an overnight stay for anyone but the most hard core SW/Disney geeks.

Curious Constance

Imagine the level of geekery that'll be in that place. It could be a fun to visit, but the cosplaying nerds will surely make it intolerable for anyone but the most hard core SW/Disney geeks.

I know. Even among misfits, I'm a misfit!

It could certainly be fun to visit, but not if I have to dress up and play a character. That's well over my comfort zone. My whole family is much too introverted and sarcastic to ever participate in something like that.

We went to a Disney Outlet store a few weeks ago, we were already having to drag my husband in there to begin with, and then the lady at the door called him, "Your majesty!!!" lol He was in hell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom