2016 Lawsuits against Disney

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
It did. The parents filed the lawsuit last week, according to what I read.

Hey, when all else fails and you arent paying attention while walking down stairs, be sure to sue a year later and say how Disney doesnt have signs that make guests aware of the dangers of not paying attention to how they're walking.

pucks98

The problem here is that Disney will not even take care of the injured parties documented loss. I have found that the Disney Claim Reps make promises that they will take care of all of the bills and loss incurred, but then they only offer an amount far below those documented amounts. If Disney would just do what they promise, it is likely the majority of people would never speak with an attorney. I agree there are some cases which are a "money grab", but the many are legitimate injuries.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
The problem is, we don't really know how many of those legit injuries are actual things, and neither does Disney. Someone can easily sprain their ankle cause they were texting while walking and not paying attention and make it out like they broke it or something.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This popped up in my Google news feed...

"A woman has filed suit against Disney Cruise Lines after her child was injured in a bathroom aboard one of the company’s ships last year.

According to the suit, which was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Orlando Division on February 27th, the minor boy tripped and fell in a Disney cruise ship bathroom on March 3, 2016. As he fell he hit his face on a sharp metal part of the tub and suffered injury, the suit alleges.

In the suit, the plaintiff claims that Disney was negligent in not warning passengers of the dangerous conditions in the bathroom, and not mainlining it in safe working order.

The suit seeks damages and interest, and any additional consideration the court may deem appropriate."

Those bathrooms are death traps.... :eek: :rolleyes:

ETA: And here's that deadly bathtub...

Screenshot_20170321-221502.jpg

Last edited:

21stamps

This popped up in my Google news feed...

"A woman has filed suit against Disney Cruise Lines after her child was injured in a bathroom aboard one of the company’s ships last year.

According to the suit, which was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Orlando Division on February 27th, the minor boy tripped and fell in a Disney cruise ship bathroom on March 3, 2016. As he fell he hit his face on a sharp metal part of the tub and suffered injury, the suit alleges.

In the suit, the plaintiff claims that Disney was negligent in not warning passengers of the dangerous conditions in the bathroom, and not mainlining it in safe working order.

The suit seeks damages and interest, and any additional consideration the court may deem appropriate."

Those bathrooms are death traps.... :eek: :rolleyes:

ETA: And here's that deadly bathtub...

View attachment 195254

Omg. What is wrong with people?
I hope they get $0.
Unfortunately, we all know that won't happen.
But I can hope that the case will be thrown out..lol

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just saw an ad for Classaction.com. Guess which law firm this is? Slogan Empowering the People should be a clue....

GrumpyDude

Maybe Disney could have the actual courtroom at one of the parks. THAT would be a very entertaining attraction. They could call it the Mousetrap. Mickey could be the judge, Goofy would represent the claimant, and Grumpy could represent the company. If Mickey rules in favor of the claimant, it goes to a real trial. If the company wins, the claimant and his/her family is barred from all things Disney for life.

GrumpyDude

Lawsuits are a way of life. My mother was on a jury where a lady who admitted smoking crack before she went into the NY welfare office had fallen down the stairs and hurt herself. She sued NY state for 5 million. Everything was up to code etc. The lawyer came in, told a sad story about this women in the hope that the jury would just say here you go NY can afford to give you 5 million because of her terrible life.

Simple as that, people think it's a lottery and lawyers will spend a few hours trying to hit the lottery themselves.
According John Morgan, people he represents aren't looking for a lottery.

GCTales

Stumbled across this, looks like crazy lawsuits against Disney are not a new thing (not that I thought they were)...

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=DFkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2122,2174548&hl=en
I love the last quote in the article...

"They baited everybody. You don't find 4,000 cars waiting to be the first one in there unless people believed there would be a lifetime pass for the first family into the park."

Somehow I don't think that is the only reason all those cars were there...

Jedi Stitch

Maybe Disney could counter sue and say they are like many others, they took 15 grand in toppings to offset the original food cost. I seriously watched a guy take half a tray of cheese on an empty plate when I was there.

Cesar R M

Maybe Disney could have the actual courtroom at one of the parks. THAT would be a very entertaining attraction. They could call it the Mousetrap. Mickey could be the judge, Goofy would represent the claimant, and Grumpy could represent the company. If Mickey rules in favor of the claimant, it goes to a real trial. If the company wins, the claimant and his/her family is barred from all things Disney for life.
ID pay to see it if Judge Judy would make cameos.

LAKid53

Premium Member
John Morgan will most likely run for Governor in 2018. Will change both the billboards on I-75/Turnpike/I-95 and TV ads due to equal time regulations. I know when Crist ran for US Senate, billboards along the Turnpike no longer featured him. But we'll be seeing John a lot more if he runs. And if he wins, you can forget any discussion about tort reform in Florida.....so more lawsuits.

Will give a new meaning to For the People. But I give him credit for getting medical marijuana approved.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Anyone seen the new Sandra Pedicini article?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...rism-disney-death-20170421-story.html?ref=yfp

In the same piece: "A 68-year-old woman had pelvis pain aboard Caro-Seuss-el."

I can't tell if Sandra truly believes in the urgency of her headline or if she's messing with us.

Most of these guests had the infamous "pre-existing condition" and perhaps should have heeded any warnings posted for the ride (s)? Like maybe an 89 year old might not want to ride Soarin'?

I'd like to know how the guy hit his head on Everest. Was he somehow able to defeat the lap bar and stand up? Or did he bump his head on the headrest during a bumpy ride...and tell a CM he hit his head....:rolleyes:

Yeah, the pelvis pain one was a tad over the top.

Wonder how many of these will result in a lawsuit. Better call John before he decides to run for office....

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'd like to know how the guy hit his head on Everest. Was he somehow able to defeat the lap bar and stand up? Or did he bump his head on the headrest during a bumpy ride...and tell a CM he hit his head....:rolleyes:
It's entirely possible that someone else's hat or other personal article flew off and hit him in the head... in the dark section, it would be hard to tell, and a hat at 30 mph would certainly hit hard enough to be noticed. Probably not cause lasting effects, but in this day of exaggerated fragility, who's to say?

LAKid53

Premium Member
It's entirely possible that someone else's hat or other personal article flew off and hit him in the head... in the dark section, it would be hard to tell, and a hat at 30 mph would certainly hit hard enough to be noticed. Probably not cause lasting effects, but in this day of exaggerated fragility, who's to say?

Oh, how sadly true.

I guess my daughter should be lucky the guy sitting behind her on Space Mountain didn't mind getting sprinkled with the pixie dust she'd gotten showered on her head right before she got on. It was funny, he had glitter all over his face....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom