Decrease in quality at BoG dinner?

Weather_Lady

I've only had lunch at BOG -- three times (2012, 2014 and 2016). Not only did the food quality diminish slightly with each visit, the speed and quality of service took an absolute nosedive. It was so bad last time (even with an ADR for our CS lunch, we waited nearly half an hour to order and another 20+ minutes to get our food, and the kiosks weren't programmed to allow the substitutions we were supposed to have been able to make on the DDP and the CMs just shrugged and said, "too bad, so sad, you'll just have to order something you don't want instead") that we swore never to return.

Mista C

Yeah, I was really disappointed Nov 2016 as well. We too had eaten there twice previously, and it was much smoother. Same as WL above, thirty minute *PACKED* wait to order, twenty minute wait for food, and just felt rushed the entire time. Even had to hunt for a while for a table. It's a shame because i really do love that restaurant, but it does not feel very magical anymore. Like cattle being herded through... i guess pretty much like the rest of MK these days.

horizons82

I'm glad this thread came up as my wife and I have also felt this way about BOG our last couple of recent dinners there.

Even though the food was never at the level of a signature restaurant (nor was it priced to be), early on we liked our dinners and found BOG to be a good value and a wonderful overall experience.

However, after going back for dinner more recently we found the menu had changed and wasn't as good, the food quality had gone down, and in general the overall experience didn't live up to our previous dinners.

It's a shame this has happened because up until that point it was probably our favorite table service restaurant in MK, but we're not likely to go back for dinner (though we still go for lunch).

ynahtebwdw

Original Poster
I'm glad this thread came up as my wife and I have also felt this way about BOG our last couple of recent dinners there.

Even though the food was never at the level of a signature restaurant (nor was it priced to be), early on we liked our dinners and found BOG to be a good value and a wonderful overall experience.

However, after going back for dinner more recently we found the menu had changed and wasn't as good, the food quality had gone down, and in general the overall experience didn't live up to our previous dinners.

It's a shame this has happened because up until that point it was probably our favorite table service restaurant in MK, but we're not likely to go back for dinner (though we still go for lunch).
Exactly how we feel. We know it was never supposed to be 'signature' quality but it was still up there (in our opinion) quality-wise for a table service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom