Pre-Trip Our (Hopefully Pandora Thrown In) F&G Trip 2017

Hi fellow Disney fanatics! It's me @MySmallWorldof4 and welcome to my first Pre-Trip report @figmentfan423 , @ajrwdwgirl , @MinnieM123 , @21stamps , @Songbird76 , @Zipitidoda , @betty rose , @donaldtoo , @MOXOMUMD , @Courtney6682 , @Mr Ferret 88 , @Goofyernmost , @imahistorygeek , @Scoppin @Tony the Tigger , @TheMouseFan , @Ciara @Tuvalu @StarWarsGirl @Gabe1 and everyone else that I know I am forgetting. Sorry don't mean to forget. Too many of us crazies on this board.;)

Here are the basics for now.

Who is going Me, My DH, DD(15), DS(13), DD(9), and DD(6).

Here is a pic of my brood in front of the train station at MK before they put up the barrier. Taken in 2013
kids2013.jpg

Here is a pic of me and my used to be little guy.:arghh:
disney2013meandb.jpg

You may not be seeing me again, as I am generally the one taking the shots.;)I don't look any different, I swear! :D

We are staying in The Cabins at Fort Wildnerness. This has been a favorite of my kids since 2015. They love driving around in the golf carts. This will be our 3rd stay there.

Our tentative plans are:

We are driving 13-14 hours from PA after DH is done with work on May 18 and sleep over in South Carolina, or we will leave here at 1 or 2am and drive straight through and hopefully get on Disney property by 4pm on the 19th.

Friday May 19
Arrive at Disney Springs. We have a 5pm at Raglan Road. Hopefully we get to see the Irish dancers.
Check into FW and go enjoy the pool.

Saturday May 20
EPCOT
Fastpasses
Test Track
Living With The Land(mine and my DH's favorite place in all WDW).
Spaceship Earth
No ADR's on this day. We plan to try the food from the kiosks or grab something for picky eaters along the way.
Maybe play some mini golf at Winter/Summerland after. Pool in the afternoon.
For dinner, we will try Territory lounge. The fondue sounds awesome!
If we are up for more roaming we may catch the MK fireworks at Poly or GF. If we are too tired we will just call it a night.

Will continue plans later.

Thanks for reading!:)

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Here's an interesting something that happened today. We took the kids out to our local Red Robin today. We went to pay the bill with our Disney Visa. (Racking up points). Server comes back and said the card was declined!:eek::eek: We were dumbfounded. Anyway, dh paid with our regular check card with no issue. Then I went to check our email and lo and behold I got an email from Chase Card Services. Our card had a fraud alert. :( I called them up and apparently someone else had tried to use our card number online at Perry Ellis and DSW Shoe outlet online.:mad::mad: So, now our account was frozen and we need to wait for new cards.:confused: Luckily we don't go on vacation for 27 days and we should get the new ones next week. :) People are such scum!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::mad::mad:

TheMouseFan

Here's an interesting something that happened today. We took the kids out to our local Red Robin today. We went to pay the bill with our Disney Visa. (Racking up points). Server comes back and said the card was declined!:eek::eek: We were dumbfounded. Anyway, dh paid with our regular check card with no issue. Then I went to check our email and lo and behold I got an email from Chase Card Services. Our card had a fraud alert. :( I called them up and apparently someone else had tried to use our card number online at Perry Ellis and DSW Shoe outlet online.:mad::mad: So, now our account was frozen and we need to wait for new cards.:confused: Luckily we don't go on vacation for 27 days and we should get the new ones next week. :) People are such scum!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::mad::mad:
That stinks! We had the same thing happen to us a couple of months ago! I got our replacements very quickly!

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
That stinks! We had the same thing happen to us a couple of months ago! I got our replacements very quickly!
I am glad that Chase was on top of things. I usually buy things online so I was surprised that they were able to question the purchases, but kudos to them.:) I was told I would get the new cards in a few business days. The crazy world we live in now, I guess.:confused: Glad everything worked out fine for you.:)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

It is awful. Happened to me years ago (different card than yours), and the scumbag was using it in SPAIN!!! Yes, SPAIN!!! Got a phone call from the credit card company, and they knew it wasn't my spending pattern (which is usually puny . .. LOL). So they had already stopped the card, and I got a new one in a few days. But you do feel violated when this type (or any type) of theft is involved.

Glad your credit card company was on top of it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
That's horrid, I do hope the new ones get to you quickly and they catch the scum!

Figgy1

Premium Member
It is awful. Happened to me years ago (different card than yours), and the scumbag was using it in SPAIN!!! Yes, SPAIN!!! Got a phone call from the credit card company, and they knew it wasn't my spending pattern (which is usually puny . .. LOL). So they had already stopped the card, and I got a new one in a few days. But you do feel violated when this type (or any type) of theft is involved.

Glad your credit card company was on top of it.
Same here except it was Mexico, new cards came in about 3 days. We're lucky it was caught quickly because we were heading out of town the next week.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Same here except it was Mexico, new cards came in about 3 days. We're lucky it was caught quickly because we were heading out of town the next week.

You see, that's what I worry about--being completely caught off-guard while you're away from home. It can be a real mess. When I travel, I take 2 cards -- different issuers and different credit card companies.

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Well, I had D Park Radio playing on Tune In Radio when a call came in from a 407 phone number. I looked closer and saw that the first 3 numbers were 939, and I said to dh "Disney's calling". :) Answered the phone and a CM said, "Hello, I am calling from Art Smith's restaurant. We need to reschedule your dinner for May 24th. The restaurant will be closed for a private event.":( Being the very easy going person I am, (not being sarcastic, by the way;) No really I am not:)). I said "Sure, no problem". Luckily I didn't bombard our schedule full of ADR's. So now for Saturday May 20, we will be having a late lunch at Art Smith's. So now I figure after an EPCOT morning we can go play mini-golf at a hopefully snake free Winter-Summerland and then have an early linner or dunch.:)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well, I had D Park Radio playing on Tune In Radio when a call came in from a 407 phone number. I looked closer and saw that the first 3 numbers were 939, and I said to dh "Disney's calling". :) Answered the phone and a CM said, "Hello, I am calling from Art Smith's restaurant. We need to reschedule your dinner for May 24th. The restaurant will be closed for a private event.":( Being the very easy going person I am, (not being sarcastic, by the way;) No really I am not:)). I said "Sure, no problem". Luckily I didn't bombard our schedule full of ADR's. So now for Saturday May 20, we will be having a late lunch at Art Smith's. So now I figure after an EPCOT morning we can go play mini-golf at a hopefully snake free Winter-Summerland and then have an early linner or dunch.:)

That is a little disappointing that they had you reschedule. But luckily you could still fit it into your plan. The food is really good there. For making you reschedule they should give you a discount or a free app.

21stamps

How frustrating!!! Sorry that happened to you :(

21stamps

I think hoping for "snake free Winter Summerland" is setting yourself up for disappointment ;)

Our mailman brought these today!:)
View attachment 201136
Hooray!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom