Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Casper Gutman

Nintendo seems to be the closes to start building and I would have no idea why they wouldn't build it. The thing there is plans for the new land Universal purchased. Maybe they want Nintendo over on the new land as an anchor? Hope not, they need to fill up what land they have left in the present parks but what will be the big draw on the new land? I'm sure the new land purchase was thought out well a head of time, not a spur of the moment deal.

I'm just surprised work hasn't begun on a new attraction this year? I had some intel that said 2017 was when the big stuff starts happening. ???? That could be wrong.

I would be surprised if we don't get several new announcements and a groundbreaking by year's end.

I think some of the delay is simply that Uni now has a bunch of family IPs - Illumination, Dreamworks, Nintendo - and several spots where they might fit - Toon Lagoon, the unused amphitheater next to Marvel, Woody's Playland, the third park. They need to decide what goes where.

Casper Gutman

Nintendo is huge as a property and will have plenty left over to place in the new park.

Perhaps, but they may not want to split the property up. HP is an exception rather than a rule, I suspect (and it's connected into it's own miniland, of course). Best not to confuse branding.

imperius

Perhaps, but they may not want to split the property up. HP is an exception rather than a rule, I suspect (and it's connected into it's own miniland, of course). Best not to confuse branding.
Crazy to think they partenered with Nintendo for one park. USF will get the Mario Kart, DK, and Yoshi then the others will have their pick of Zelda, possibly Pokémon, Luigi's mansion, metroid, animal crossing, etc. IOA will get some Nintendo properties also I'm sure.

Mike S

Crazy to think they partenered with Nintendo for one park. USF will get the Mario Kart, DK, and Yoshi then the others will have their pick of Zelda, possibly Pokémon, Luigi's mansion, metroid, animal crossing, etc. IOA will get some Nintendo properties also I'm sure.
If they were going to do Luigi's Mansion it would be in the Mario universe based land at USF along with the other three.

Casper Gutman

I would be a bit surprised if we see more Nintendo lands very soon. Pokemon is obvious, and unless there's a rights issue, I'm surprised it isn't part of the initial plans. But Zelda and Metroid, from what I know, lack a distinct and consistent aesthetic Uni could use. Which Zelda do you use - Mask of Majorca? Wind Waker? The most recent? They all look very different. And Metroid, while a great series like Zelda, has a very generic sci-fi look.

Besides, Uni now has a whole bunch of cartoon-y family properties THEY control and want to exploit with theme park attractions. I wouldn't bet on more Nintendo before we get a big chunk o' Dreamworks.

imperius

I would be a bit surprised if we see more Nintendo lands very soon. Pokemon is obvious, and unless there's a rights issue, I'm surprised it isn't part of the initial plans. But Zelda and Metroid, from what I know, lack a distinct and consistent aesthetic Uni could use. Which Zelda do you use - Mask of Majorca? Wind Waker? The most recent? They all look very different. And Metroid, while a great series like Zelda, has a very generic sci-fi look.

Besides, Uni now has a whole bunch of cartoon-y family properties THEY control and want to exploit with theme park attractions. I wouldn't bet on more Nintendo before we get a big chunk o' Dreamworks.
Dreakworks will be with Nintendo in the new park I'm sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom