Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Navi River Journey is ready correct?

My expectations of the River Journey is sadly pretty low, as I think they should be, based on what's been said with there being no "thrill" factor and it being equal if not shorter than Frozen Ever After :rolleyes:.
Im not sure the Pandoran water has made it hereyet.

rioriz

The article has something very curious to say about Flight of Passage:

"The ride would begin, as Sully’s did, with a jump off a mountain, not just to let visitors imitate his flight—though the excursion would take place in front of a movie screen—but to hide the extensive machinery that would be required."

@rioriz, care to explain?

*Edited for emphasis. I'm trying to figure out how the simulated jumping off a mountain works with a physical maneuver that does something to hide equipment. And what kind of extensive machinery does it hide from us?

Sorry for the lateness, readying my move back to the Sunshine State...

Here's how I understand the first 30 sec of FoP go. Sit in seat...connect with your vehicle...yes some use of augmented like reality...shield is down...dramatic music...things go dark...shield raises...still dark...talking us through what's about to occur...then boom! Vehicle pushes you out and down! Pushing you out and the glasses help make it a more intimate experience that Soarin....hides the technology

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Here's how I understand the first 30 sec of FoP go. Sit in seat...connect with your vehicle...yes some use of augmented like reality...shield is down...dramatic music...things go dark...shield raises...still dark...talking us through what's about to occur...tgen boom! Vehicle pushes you out and down! Pushing you out and the glasses help make it a more intimate experience that Soarin....hides the technology

I'm really curious - can any of our insiders comment on the use of augmented reality in FoP? People keep theorizing about it, and it seems logical, but I don't think we've seen any evidence of it.

rioriz

The reason no one is going all in for augmented because by definition you won't be able to look left and right and see full Banshee bodies and your buds flying along with you....with the movement of the vehicle and the view ahead it will mimic reality that is meant to be

Just look forward...there is much much to see

TyTrap

Navi River

Here's how I understand the first 30 sec of FoP go. Sit in seat...connect with your vehicle...yes some use of augmented like reality...shield is down...dramatic music...things go dark...shield raises...still dark...talking us through what's about to occur...then boom! Vehicle pushes you out and down! Pushing you out and the glasses help make it a more intimate experience that Soarin....hides the technology
how about the banshees at windtraders? I heard there will be an experience there where you get linked to a banshee and then can purchase it. Apparently they have robotics in them. Any truth to this?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
how about the banshees at windtraders? I heard there will be an experience there where you get linked to a banshee and then can purchase it. Apparently they have robotics in them. Any truth to this?

The site which cannot be named has a picture of these. I describes them with this quote:

"Banshee Connect” service is where you will be matched with a tiny version of the beast; a robotic creature that you can take home with you for a price.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The site which cannot be named has a picture of these. I describes them with this quote:

"Banshee Connect” service is where you will be matched with a tiny version of the beast; a robotic creature that you can take home with you for a price.

[Edit]: Found this on another site:

upload_2017-4-22_7-10-30.png

Disneyhead'71

From Cameron's FB Page:

“Great to be working with the best team in the business! Avatar takes flight as we begin concurrent production on four sequels. The journey continues December 18, 2020, December 17, 2021, December 20, 2024 and December 19, 2025!”
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...l-release-dates-confirmed#lX01hYXifMwbf1JM.99

Here is how it should actually read:

“Great to be working with the best team in the business! Avatar takes flight as we begin concurrent production on four sequels. The journey continues December 18, 2020, or maybe December 17, 2021, if not then most likely on December 20, 2024 and if we can't pull it together by then, most definitely by December 19, 2025!....maybe."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From Cameron's FB Page:

“Great to be working with the best team in the business! Avatar takes flight as we begin concurrent production on four sequels. The journey continues December 18, 2020, December 17, 2021, December 20, 2024 and December 19, 2025!”
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...l-release-dates-confirmed#lX01hYXifMwbf1JM.99

Here is how it should actually read:

“Great to be working with the best team in the business! Avatar takes flight as we begin concurrent production on four sequels. The journey continues December 18, 2020, or maybe December 17, 2021, if not then most likely on December 20, 2024 and if we can't pull it together by then, most definitely by December 19, 2025!....maybe."

Normally I would agree with that, but, since he now has all four movies scripted, they're going to start production and not stop until all four are made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom