Starbucks at MK

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
just a quickie. It was a bit disappointing to see Starbucks's at MK along Main Street,is it still there .last there 2014. Please don't change ED's ice cream parlour for baskin Robin's

NiarrNDisney

Yes it is still there but luckily there is now a Joffery's location in Tomorrowland where the lines are shorter and the coffees better!

Jess G

I'm cool with Starbucks all over Disney until they put a limit on what is considered a snack credit which I'm sure will come eventually. I've seen people rack up one drink to $10 and use a snack credit for it.

Mickey5150

I love having Starbucks in the parks, even though I hate their coffee. The Starbucks Refreshers are the perfect afternoon drink on a hot Disney day. Also, the food options for breakfast and lunch have gotten better at every place that Starbucks has replaced in the parks. I do get a laugh every time someone complains about corporate America Starbucks in a theme park from quite possibly the biggest example of corporate America in the America.

Deno

Oh I hated the thought of Starbucks replacing the Main Street Bakery but as Mickey5150 says, the refreshers are great, I also love a nice big Frapp in the afternoon (their Venti is WAY bigger than the ones we have in the UK).

Only downside was no more Cinnamon Rolls on Main Street but Gaston's is a pretty good alternative :)

just a quickie. It was a bit disappointing to see Starbucks's at MK along Main Street,is it still there .last there 2014. Please don't change ED's ice cream parlour for baskin Robin's

You are aware that Eddy's is a major brand just like Starbucks, right? And that there is corporate branding all over the parks (and has been since day 1). And that the bakery used to be branded Sara Lee, right?

Courtney6682

I'm cool with Starbucks all over Disney until they put a limit on what is considered a snack credit which I'm sure will come eventually. I've seen people rack up one drink to $10 and use a snack credit for it.

Yeah, I was shocked when a Venti was considered a snack!

21stamps

Yeah, I was shocked when a Venti was considered a snack!

I almost jumped for joy when I found out I could get a Venti Latte- WITH an Xtra Shot as a "snack credit"!!

I would probably have used all of my snacks on xtra shot lattes..if the lines weren't always so long.

jaklgreen

Brook was happy lol...I'm not a coffee drinker but somehow my 17 yr old is...mom of the year? LOL

All the kids show up to high school with coffee drinks in hand at my daughters' school. Either Starbucks or we have a local coffee shop that is much much better called Scooters. I want to move to the Orlando area and open up some Scooters coffee there.

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
You are aware that Eddy's is a major brand just like Starbucks, right? And that there is corporate branding all over the parks (and has been since day 1). And that the bakery used to be branded Sara Lee, right?
Ok smarty pants,I've been to the states quite a few times.and have never seen an ed's parlour,ok so it's a franchise,but Starbucks give you Starbucks paper cups,why not a Disney cup,I know they need sponsors.but you must have thousands of brilliant coffee houses that Disney could of used,just a shame they use a ' o look another Starbucks along the road',thanks for reply anyway

Deno

frapp.jpg

I just wish it had the Walt Disney World logo on it but that's another discussion entirely :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok smarty pants,I've been to the states quite a few times.and have never seen an ed's parlour,ok so it's a franchise,but Starbucks give you Starbucks paper cups,why not a Disney cup,I know they need sponsors.but you must have thousands of brilliant coffee houses that Disney could of used,just a shame they use a ' o look another Starbucks along the road',thanks for reply anyway
Edy's has about a dozen Ice Cream Parlors along the east coast. They are not all that glamorous as the picture below will attest to, but they do exist.

Untitled.jpg

I will agree that there are far better coffee franchises out there, but there is not a one that has the popularity and brand recognition that Starbuck's has and that is why they are there and have an insane line all the time.

NeedMoreMickey

We don't usually get the dining package but 2015 we had free dining and were so happy to use the snack credits in Starbucks. Afternoon mocha frappuccino hits the spot.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
giphy.gif

21stamps

They are Disney cups..and, If you have an "i" in your name then you get Mickeys!! I love it!! Small, but exciting detail.lol
IMG_5865.JPG

Here's a Joffrey's cup-

This one was an adult coffee, which you can't get at Starbucks..but the cup itself is even less festive.

IMG_8090.JPG

Last edited:

csmat99

How about you do some research before posting. Eddy's is a chain and really not that great of ice cream. Majority of people that come to Disney been crying for years about how bad the coffee was at the parks. Was basically carmel colored hot water. Now I understand some people don't like starbucks coffee they prefer DD but as you can tell by the lines you still have plenty of people who enjoy it and want it. There are other great beverages besides just coffee. And as other posters have said since day one Disney had partnerships with major brands and chains. Be it Dole, Coke, etc. And yes all starbucks cups at Disney parks have Disney logo and other cool stuff on cup depending on season. I also might add all the starbucks locations were blended in very well to the location they are placed.

Last edited:

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
How about you do some research before posting. Eddy's is a chain and really not that great of ice cream. Majority of people that come to Disney been crying for years about how bad the coffee was at the parks. Was basically carmel colored hot water. Now I understand some people don't like starbucks coffee they prefer DD but as you can tell by the lines you still have plenty of people who enjoy it and want it. There are other great beverages besides just coffee. And as other posters have said since day one Disney had partnerships with major brands and chains. Be it Dole, Coke, etc. And yes all starbucks cups at Disney parks have Disney logo and other cool stuff on cup depending on season. I also might add all the starbucks locations were blended in very well to the location they are placed.
Great got u going,
They are Disney cups..and, If you have an "i" in your name then you get Mickeys!! I love it!! Small, but exciting detail.lol
View attachment 200699

Here's a Joffrey's cup-

This one was an adult coffee, which you can't get at Starbucks..but the cup itself is even less festive.

View attachment 200700
looks nice.that will cool you down.ta for picture

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom