The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Do you mean spearmint leaves, or is it a liquid spearmint? How do you use it--do you put outside the house along the foundation walls? If it's outdoors, it would probably go away if it rained, I would guess. Anyway, just curious about all this.

I spray spearmint extract (online) outside and in doorways. I've actually put Wrigley Spearmint Gum in kitchen cabinets to keep them out of there when invading. A good chunk of bugs do not like Spearmint and flee the area. For fun put a piece of Spearmint gum on an ant hill. Funny. I put both baby powder and Spearmint on window sills if I ever see any ants. I've put a circle of baby powder around large ant hills because raid tends to kill the grass for a year.

Gabe1

Update we got an apology letter with vacation time for the kids.:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Of course it includes the 2 weekends when we have mandatory family functions:mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: This is the year with way too many weddings, major birthdays and anniversaries We would have been able to pull a few days off as a family if there weren't so many snow days that over a week was added to our schedule this year:banghead: I'm hoping for a quick get away next spring.

Hope so cause this is sucidoodles.

Glad you can still look back at last year and live vicariously.

Gabe1

Sympathy like:(:(:(:( We're getting a new farmer at our local market. It's a very small farm specializing in greens :joyfull: runs and hides under large rock

Today I made BLTs for dinner. I bought some very pretty tomatoes from Sam's Club. Well we can all think...tomatoes from a farm in Illinois during mid April...Well I was so surprised, flavor, juicy and a lovely red vs some orangie ball.
I want to go back and buy another box. While slicing them for dinner I ate more than I was putting on the plate.
C95EW2NXkAEPsq3.jpg

Gabe1

Same here but smaller than a lab but not a pocket dog. Not another English Shepard if we wanted to get another of those it would be a while longer before I was ready:(

I really want another lab or a golden but with thinking of a condo or townhome many with weight restrictions an English Shepard is a consideration though I am a big fan of Australian Shepard, a Corgi too if they can keep up with me, I think I have to research that. My DD wants a Basset. No way are they running with me on my bike.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks. I remember you saying your mom was just tossing everything...that must have been so frustrating. And your sister lives in a different state, doesn't she? Or in any case, most of it fell to you, right? I think the biggest thing for me is feeling alone because my husband and kids are already back home and so I'm stuck here by myself. I don't really feel like I have the support I need. It's just really lonely and frustrating...but I know you understand that, too. Everything gets dumped on YOU and you somehow have to juggle all the balls by yourself.
Is there a way you could go home and take care of everything when your kids go on break? Hugs prayers and pixie dust

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well...that's stressing me out. State law says we have to wait 30 days from the death to file the will with the state and get an affidavit of heirship to disburse assets or to begin probate. So that's next weekend, which means we can't sell anything until at LEAST the beginning of May. But DH says I HAVE to be home May 7th because he can't keep taking time off to stay home with the kids. And I get that...but I can't violate the law to get home faster. So it looks like I have to get a power of attorney to handle things like signatures and such on my behalf so there's someone to do business when I go home. My brother wants that to be him, but he's TERRIBLE with money and he tries to take advantage of me at every opportunity, so if I do that, I might as well just sign over my rights to any property or assets to him. So I will not do that. So I'm feeling pressured from all sides...pressure to hurry things up so I can get home, but also pressure to stay to make sure things get taken care of the way they should. Everyone wants me to do what's best for THEM without regard to my own needs. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I WANT to go home, but I CAN'T yet and I'm scared to leave when I CAN because if I'm not here I'm afraid the vultures will descend.
Sympathy like. Hopefully everything will sell very quickly xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning, well not exactly I'm going to have to run out and get a new microwave:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: It's dead, my dh opened it, it would cost more to fix than repair and it's a dozen years old or so. If everybody wasn't on a different schedule I could probably put replacing it off for a few weeks:mad::mad::mad::mad: The only good thing about it is it's raining and I was going to go to the mall to walk so at least I'll be in the neighborhood:confused: My dh is at least checking out what type of deals or coupons he can get through work:joyfull: I've already checked out ratings and sales:D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I spray spearmint extract (online) outside and in doorways. I've actually put Wrigley Spearmint Gum in kitchen cabinets to keep them out of there when invading. A good chunk of bugs do not like Spearmint and flee the area. For fun put a piece of Spearmint gum on an ant hill. Funny. I put both baby powder and Spearmint on window sills if I ever see any ants. I've put a circle of baby powder around large ant hills because raid tends to kill the grass for a year.

That's fascinating--never knew any of this stuff before.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sympathy like.
It's just an amazing night and day difference between what you used to be able to purchase at Disney shops and what is available for purchase now, and how few specialty shops are even left. The specialty stuff is still there at certain places, but, not nearly like it used to be.
Take Main Street USA, as just one example.
Used to be pretty much all specialty shops.
I remember, in recent years, a storm squall just starting to let loose as we were approaching Casey's on the way out of the park. We ducked into Casey's, and just kept walking south inside, occasionally stopping along the way to look at some merch...what the heck?! With the exception of Casey's, the whole west side of MSUSA is just one connected, repeating, homogenized merch shop from north to south. :cyclops:

Rant over.
But, not apologizing for it. :bored: ;)

Oh, it just kills me the difference in the Main Street USA stores down through the years.

You know what is the biggest surprise to me, about all this morphing of unexciting, general merchandise? I can't wrap my head around a company that rams all these upsell events, high-priced hotels, etc. to the guests, and yet, puts a lot of cheap carp for sale in the stores?! :confused:

On the one hand, they're confident they have a huge base of guests who'll buy the expensive add-ons to the general park experience; and yet, their marketing and retail sales divisions haven't put two and two together--and continue to market low-priced, generic stuff in the shops?! :banghead:

Seems to me that the classier stuff fit in nicely with lower-priced items, in their stores for many years. :cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom